Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COMPETITION: Win a trip to the FIFA Producer Day

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Hope they dont pick you just so as to skimp on flights tickets... :P

Yeah... That would be terrible. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Whose the lucky winner :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I did :D
    I wish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Digitalism wrote: »
    Whose the lucky winner :confused:

;)

Just praying for the ash cloud to hold off Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,855 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Im travelling over to this and will be meeting with some of the producers if anyone has a question in particular ill try to get it asked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Im travelling over to this and will be meeting with some of the producers if anyone has a question in particular ill try to get it asked.

Did you win the competition here?

Yeah I still dont know who won it...

2 People replied to me above saying they won :confused:

They were just joking! He has "i wish" typed in white underneath where he said "i did", highlight it and you'll see it!

Ah right ok haha

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Ask why career mode continues to suck balls.

Feel free to re-word it, if you must :P

• Advertisement

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Did you win the competition here?

No travelling in a separate context but to the same event.

So did anyone actually go to this/win this competition?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Someone definitely got to go as I was talking to one of the girls from the PR company that goes over with the person from boards and the other websites/magizines. I will ask Dav to post who won.

I won the comp lads! :)

It was a great day - event was held at EA in Guildford.

The game itself is class, probably the biggest amount of changes since the switch from ps2 to ps3.
    I'll write up a proper review later on. I actually wasn't allowed say anything about the game until today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

*facepalm*

I'm so sorry folks, I thought I'd posted the winner.

It was Mr blue-army for this screamer of a Freddy Guarin Goal:

He was over last Friday, so I'm sure he'll post his news and experiences form the event at some stage soon :)

Big thank you again to all of you who entered.

Interview with David Rutter producer of Fifa 12 from this day out if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Tumbleweed.gif

So is there any sign of this write up?

Parawind wrote: »
    Tumbleweed.gif

So is there any sign of this write up?

Sorry lads, my laptop has been down all week - posting this from my phone!

I'll post something proper ASAP, but in the meantime there's some great rewiews on click.ie, culch.ie, bone idle and 'the gaming liberty'.
    (I travelled over with the lads from those sites!)

Sorry for the delay in writing this lads.

This event took place 2 weeks ago now, Friday 27th May at EA in Guildford.

We were given a 10min presentation by FIFA 12 Producer David Rutter where he showed us this video.

The version I got to play had no real improvement in graphics as it was basically a very early edition. Producer David Rutter stressed that it was far from the finished article though!
    Anyway after the presentation we got a play the game for a couple of hours.

This years game has the biggest amount of improvements in FIFA since the change from PS2 to PS3. There's a completely new, and more realistic feel to the game.

Impact Engine
    This new physics engine is the main difference. No longer will players bump into eachother and you'll see arms go through eachothers chests etc..
    There's a far more natural and realistic collision - players will go flying up in the air from wreckless challenges. When physical players like Drogba challenge the likes of Theo Walcott, there is only one winner. The weaker player will hit the deck or be brushed aside.

New Defending
    No longer will holding the 'x' draw your defender straight to the ball. Instead you'll have to guide the player yourself, and you can decide to hold back and let the attacker come to you.
    I thought this was brilliant and it allowed me to win a lot of interceptions.

Dribbling
    360 dribbling was brought into FIFA 11, but it has been improved greatly this year. Now you can take more small touches and turn faster and in a tighter space depending on the skill of the player you are controlling.

Injuries
    The injuries are more realistic than others. It ties into the new physics engine and they will occur based on how players collide.
    Also people who constantly hold down 'R2' for sprint will be punished, as players will eventually pull up with cramp.

Sorry I can't go into much more detail. The game I played only had 2 teams - Arsenal and Chelsea, and there was no change to the stadium list. There was also no soundtrack or commentary.
    I did ask the producer, David Rutter, about Andy Gray but he wouldn't confirm or deny if he was going to be in the game!

Despite this being a very early version, the game really is a huge improvement on FIFA 11 and I can't wait for the launch in late September!

Cheers again to boards.ie, EA and O'Leary PR who ran the competition!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

blue-army wrote: »
    Injuries
    The injuries are more realistic than others. It ties into the new physics engine and they will occur based on how players collide.
    Also people who constantly hold down 'R2' for sprint will be punished, as players will eventually pull up with cramp.

Sorry I can't go into much more detail. The game I played only had 2 teams - Arsenal and Chelsea, and there was no change to the stadium list. There was also no soundtrack or commentary.
    I did ask the producer, David Rutter, about Andy Gray but he wouldn't confirm or deny if he was going to be in the game!

Despite this being a very early version, the game really is a huge improvement on FIFA 11 and I can't wait for the launch in late September!

WOOO! the noobs who abuse ronaldo and lennon running down the wing and cutting inside wont like that! :D

Any new game modes did he say or give info of?

• Advertisement

WOOO! the noobs who abuse ronaldo and lennon running down the wing and cutting inside wont like that! :D

Any new game modes did he say or give info of?

na, he said there'd be improvements to Manager Mode, but they gave very little away other than what I said above!
    There's a lot more details going to be announced next month.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Clive Tyldesley let it slip in a tweet the other day that he was doing scripts FIFA 12 so its pretty certain to be him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Sorry for the delay in writing this lads.

This event took place 2 weeks ago now, Friday 27th May at EA in Guildford.

We were given a 10min presentation by FIFA 12 Producer David Rutter where he showed us this video.

The version I got to play had no real improvement in graphics as it was basically a very early edition. Producer David Rutter stressed that it was far from the finished article though!
    Anyway after the presentation we got a play the game for a couple of hours.

This years game has the biggest amount of improvements in FIFA since the change from PS2 to PS3. There's a completely new, and more realistic feel to the game.

Impact Engine
    This new physics engine is the main difference. No longer will players bump into eachother and you'll see arms go through eachothers chests etc..
    There's a far more natural and realistic collision - players will go flying up in the air from wreckless challenges. When physical players like Drogba challenge the likes of Theo Walcott, there is only one winner. The weaker player will hit the deck or be brushed aside.

New Defending
    No longer will holding the 'x' draw your defender straight to the ball. Instead you'll have to guide the player yourself, and you can decide to hold back and let the attacker come to you.
    I thought this was brilliant and it allowed me to win a lot of interceptions.

Dribbling
    360 dribbling was brought into FIFA 11, but it has been improved greatly this year. Now you can take more small touches and turn faster and in a tighter space depending on the skill of the player you are controlling.

Injuries

i doubt its a huge improvement to be honest the same thing was said last year on boards and fifa 11 turned out pretty much identical to fifa 10 the only differences were minor to say the least.

i say you just got caught up in the moment to be honest, dont kid yourself lads it will be the same game with minor tweeks that you will get use to in a week or 2.

im saying this on the basis that the videos released for fifa 12 are doing nothing to say otherwise it looks the exact same as fifa 11, EA are just lazy at this stage its all a money gimmick half of these so called new features are already in the game.

the whole money thing with ultimate team is a joke and a robbery how can you justify paying money for packs, you see people stocking up on there points so they will have a gold team in baiscally a few hours while the others who want to play and build a team will have to wait ages, where's the fairness in that?

they would want to fix the connection problems, keepers running like retards, not being able to challenge a keeper, fix clubs it has way more potenial EA are just being lazy with it, the career mode is boring and is stuck in its ps2 days, the long loading times i swear i think im playing the mega drive sometimes etc etc.

fifa fanboys dont get upset;).

Advertisement