Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty PIR For Aritech CS350

Options
  • 10-05-2011 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello Folks,

Anybody experience a situation where a PIR in a conservatory has started alerting only when it is very sunny? I can set the alarm without any issues, and if weather remains overcast then all is OK (partial set at nightime is also OK) - issue only appears when it is particularly sunny. Is this indicative of a faulty PIR?

If so do I need the the engineers code for above system to change the PIR and how is it possible to get same - default codes do not seem to work?

Any help appreciated,

brickyard

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

brickyard wrote: »
    PIR in a conservatory
    Thats the problem, replace it with dual tech

• Registered Users Posts: 4 brickyard

Hi JNealon,

Thanks for the reply. As far as I am aware this is a dual tech PIR - it has been working for years without any issues.
    I'm not familiar with intruder systems but would suppose that these units do go faulty after a period of time, or is this a lazy assumption?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hello Folks,

Anybody experience a situation where a PIR in a conservatory has started alerting only when it is very sunny? I can set the alarm without any issues, and if weather remains overcast then all is OK (partial set at nightime is also OK) - issue only appears when it is particularly sunny. Is this indicative of a faulty PIR?

If so do I need the the engineers code for above system to change the PIR and how is it possible to get same - default codes do not seem to work?

Any help appreciated,

brickyard

You may have a faulty pir if that is the case. You do not need the engineer code if you are replacing the pir with another pir. If you needed to change settings in the panel you would need the code. Just be careful not to cross the 12v power when changing the pir out. If you do it is only a matter of replacing the fuse in the panel. If you wanted you could also disconnect the 12v in the control panel to prevent this from happening. There is a diagram on the back lid of the control panel so you know what you are disconnecting. Just make sure you turn off the mains as there is live mains in the control panel. The system will still work on the battery while the mains is off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Hi JNealon,

Thanks for the reply. As far as I am aware this is a dual tech PIR - it has been working for years without any issues.
    I'm not familiar with intruder systems but would suppose that these units do go faulty after a period of time, or is this a lazy assumption?
    Sounds like the you have a faulty detector.
    Replace it with another DT detector. Honeywell would be a good brand to look for

altor/Jnealon,
    Thanks for the replies. I will source a new PIR. One further query on this please, will the system "remember" the settings for this zone/PIR or will it have to be re-programmed?
    Many thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The settings will remain. They can only be changed in engineer or by defaulting the system.

Thanks Koolkid

Advertisement