Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Salute! 2011 - Now Free Entry!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Alan b.

c-90 wrote: »
    maybe i was wrong about the vehicle count but in 2008 i remembered there being more (memory can be awfull inaccurate), and there was a driving display. could be wrong but was there an irish army involvment aslo? an if not maybe getting in contact with the army press office and inviting them along to the next show.

there was two filthbags fighting, dressed in dpm with airsoft guns in the jumble stalls, didnt last very long but they were threatening to "eat" eachother and it was enough to scare my partner and 9 month old baby. it was at aprox 3:30 pm on the sunday. they were split up shorlty. this is almost completely out of the control of the organisers.

and my last point. the lay out of the show, the renactment area seemed fine but then the vehicles were along the edge with the stalls in the middle seemed like they were the focus and the vehicles were pushed out.

just to be clear, im not trolling or trying to bring the show down, im giving my honest opinion. everything has room to improve and without identifying which particular areas to improve its harder to do so. if i praised it and ignored the flaws that i saw then im sure it would be very similar next year, and would deter me from going.

just to clear something up as regards the two filthbags "fighting", unfortunately there us some truth in that, however, you are only partly correct and I would like to clarify the incident.

one of those two people was a stall holder, the one in the grey hoody, being very aggressive and shouting and threatening the other, (the one threatening to eat the other)

the other person, the one who was talking, remained calm, asked the first person to calm down, stop shouting and was threatened by the stall holder, and subsequently assaulted by that stall holder, that person was an AIME club member and most definitely was not as you describe, a filthbag. they where also not broken up, the AIME member walked away from the incident and reported it to the gardai who where on site.

as the person you mistakenly have described as a filthbag, I can only apologise that your family had to witness such an incident and assure you that it was not something that was taken lightly by myself or the club.
    I do not take part in these events expecting to be threatened or assaulted (and then to be thought of as a filthbag)

As for the rest of your post, all observations and suggestions are welcome as this show is for you, the public, and if we can improve it, we will.

Al.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭thermo

did anybody get or come across any video's of the cannon firing along with the pyro "strikes"??

i was discussing this with paul yesterday, and as of yet, nothing has surfaced. and i dont believe anyone thought to make sure somebody had a camera to film it from our crew.

doh, it looked really well looking from behind the cannon.

i didnt get to see much with all the running around, but i did get to see some rounds go off and it was very impressive alright.

hopefully somebody will post it online soon.
    i find it hard to imagine somebody somewhere doesnt have that on video the amount of times it was done.

i know, we were doing 3 displays a day!

with 3 rounds each time.

Alan b. wrote: »
    with 3 rounds each time.

at least!

i felt like shouting "firing for effect" everytime you guys started.

• Advertisement

i hated having to give the warning "this will be quite loud, just a warning for parents with small children..................." it ruined the surprise! (evil laugh)

better that then the **** that follows if ya dont warn people, no matter how obvious it is.
    trust me.

even warning people 3 and 4 times before anything happens that you are about to do a display, people will still ignore then anouncement and complain. usually to joe duffy.

Advertisement