Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outrageous Cancellation Fee

Options
  • 10-05-2011 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

I wish to terminate my services from Eircom as I am moving house. They have asked me for 163.00 to cancel the account.

While I understand that a cancellation fee is going to be in place, the sales rep which sold me the broadband specifically told me there was no penalty for breaking the contract provided you gave enough notice.

I am giving two months notice and they want this fee.

I would have no problem paying a fee for cancellation but this is nearly 4 times what I pay each month for my bundle.

I need clarification as to how Eircom can justify charging that type of penalty and also I would like to know how Eircom can justify allowing sales reps to blatantly mislead prospective customers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Re moving house. I'm not sure if you know but you can move your contract and service with eircom to the new house for no extra cost.

The cancellation fee is usually caused by the early termination of your contract with eircom. I presume you agreed/signed a minimum commitment with them so if you leave early they'll penalise you for breaking the contract

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

I wish to terminate my services from Eircom as I am moving house. They have asked me for 163.00 to cancel the account.

While I understand that a cancellation fee is going to be in place, the sales rep which sold me the broadband specifically told me there was no penalty for breaking the contract provided you gave enough notice.

I am giving two months notice and they want this fee.

I would have no problem paying a fee for cancellation but this is nearly 4 times what I pay each month for my bundle.

I need clarification as to how Eircom can justify charging that type of penalty and also I would like to know how Eircom can justify allowing sales reps to blatantly mislead prospective customers.

Hi Insulting_Bitch
    Cookie1977 is correct you should be able to move accounts without incurring extra charges if remining with eircom..However early cancellation fees are charged when customers cancel their accounts before the end of contracts period.
    Contract on broadband packages are 12 months. If you PM me your telephone no. I can confirm if the amount quoted is correct or advise of correct final total.
    Tony

Advertisement