Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you use Vodafone at Home phone/net package?

• 10-05-2011 12:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,798 ✭✭✭✭

If so, either a YES or NO answer, are you happy with it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 conor_ire

Use the home phone and broadband package. Have the 8mb broadband.

It is fine depending on what you use it for. I would do a fair amount of downloading and you can't really use the internet while downloading or streaming. That is a bit of a pain but you can get past it.

With Xbox live if any other computer is using the internet it ain't worth your while bothering with it at all.

It is pretty frequent in that it works the majority of the time and Vodafone in my experience are pretty good to deal with.

Would avoid Wiimax like the plague, terrible service both the broadband and customer service.

Though if the choice is available I would go Chorus. their customer service is well below terrible but the broadband is far better that any other I experience and you never really have a need to call them which is good and they have speeds well above the other providers, just they ain't available everywhere, pity.

Though if the options you have are Vodafone, Eircom, Wiimax and Digiweb or the others barring Chorus, I would go Vodafone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 conor_ire

Yes happy with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,798 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Thanks Conor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭homer911

Recently NO, not happy

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

My parents and both my sisters use it on my recommendation.

And as light users who want the cheapest service possible, yes it works very well without problems for them.

UPC would be faster and cheaper, however unfortunately my family all use alarm systems that send alerts via SMS over the phone line, which doesn't seem to work on UPC :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Bartyman

Yes happy with it, I download a fair bit also and can still surf and stream at the same time ?

Thanks again.

I have limited options - its either Eircom, Vodafone or else the midband dongles from either Vodafone, O2 or Meteor, and I would not trust the dongles. Too erratic a service.

So for me its between Eircom and Vodafone. Not much of a choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭homer911

homer911 wrote: »
    Recently NO, not happy

I rang VF today and they have given me some suggestions to check, so maybe I will withdraw my negative comments...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

We have it in and it is fine. On their 20 meg or something like that phone and BB package. It used to drop a bit but they seem to have sorted it. It costs €46 a month as far as I remember.

UPC are now offering 50 meg and phone for a fiver cheaper so I think I will switch to that. Not that I particularly need more than twice the speed but just because I can! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

Moved from eircom last January and so far its been good. I have found no difference from eircom apart from the price.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I hope this survey goes well......I gave VF the go-ahead yesterday from UTV. Service was ok on the normal BB. Getting 5Mb on a line capable of 6144. Apparently the line is only capable of 6144 but I should get all of that on the Enhance (NGB) service which I will now be switched on to. UTV would really want to cop themselves on with their download allowances.....unlimited on the top 24Mb service has a FUP of 75GB:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Yep I use Vodafone,

Pretty poor service imo, but I guess you get what you pay for.
    Competitive pricing is the only thing keeping me with them

Wondering if UPCs new 100meg, and reduced prices on their 25meg, deals will force VF to reconsider their pricing structure?

Might hang on for a while to see if there's any reductions.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

NIMAN wrote: »
    Wondering if UPCs new 100meg, and reduced prices on their 25meg, deals will force VF to reconsider their pricing structure?

Might hang on for a while to see if there's any reductions.

Yes, I'd expect there will be some small reductions or changes to speeds, caps etc.

They can't really reduce the prices to compete with UPC, as they are stuck with Eircoms network and pricing. However Eircom just reduced their prices this week, so vf will need to adjust accordingly to stay competitive with Eircom.

I seen that Eircom reduced their price to €39.99, but as usual its only for a limited time.

If it was permanent I'd consider them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,210 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I use Vodafone and I can't fault the service. I'm too far from the exchange so I can only get 2Mb, resulting in a 40GB cap. A cap of any kind annoys me and it makes online feel too restrictive is this era of streaming content, multi-gig game demos etc.

Other than the cap, I'm happy enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭marathont

conor_ire wrote: »
    Use the home phone and broadband package. Have the 8mb broadband.

It is fine depending on what you use it for. I would do a fair amount of downloading and you can't really use the internet while downloading or streaming. That is a bit of a pain but you can get past it.

With Xbox live if any other computer is using the internet it ain't worth your while bothering with it at all.

It is pretty frequent in that it works the majority of the time and Vodafone in my experience are pretty good to deal with.

Would avoid Wiimax like the plague, terrible service both the broadband and customer service.

Though if the choice is available I would go Chorus. their customer service is well below terrible but the broadband is far better that any other I experience and you never really have a need to call them which is good and they have speeds well above the other providers, just they ain't available everywhere, pity.

Though if the options you have are Vodafone, Eircom, Wiimax and Digiweb or the others barring Chorus, I would go Vodafone.

sounds like you probably need some QOS management.

I have had some contact with them via email recently and am slightly worried re: a query I had.

I was on the verge of signing up with them, but the line at my address is disconnected. I was told in-store that after I signed on the dotted line it might take 2 weeks to get activated.

Their customer service told me I had 1 week cooling off period. Of course this only covers me now for changing my mind about having broadband, it will not cover the situation where I get it activated and am not happy with the service.

Surely it should be valid that I would have a period after I get connected to decide if I am happy with the service or not?

Advertisement