Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hairdressers in Limerick City

Options
  • 10-05-2011 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Hi all! I was just wondering if anyone can recommened a hairdresser for me... I'm looking for someone to give me a proper haircut-not just cut all my long hair off even if i ask them not to cos a lot of hairdressers seem to do that and it takes so long to grow... I'm half afraid to go get it cut because its just at the length I want it now and they all have a habit of just-CHOP-3 years of growing lands on the floor...
    I'm also hoping to get it at a good price (obviously :rolleyes:) but nice and cheap since Im a student, and Im hoping to get a bit of an unusual cut too, not just the usual layers and side fringe....
    Im living in the corbally area and bus is my transport most of the time so in corbally or the city would be great... All help appreciated! :D
    Thanks guys!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭you wha?

TheJinMu wrote: »
    Hi all! I was just wondering if anyone can recommened a hairdresser for me... I'm looking for someone to give me a proper haircut-not just cut all my long hair off even if i ask them not to cos a lot of hairdressers seem to do that and it takes so long to grow... I'm half afraid to go get it cut because its just at the length I want it now and they all have a habit of just-CHOP-3 years of growing lands on the floor...
    I'm also hoping to get it at a good price (obviously :rolleyes:) but nice and cheap since Im a student, and Im hoping to get a bit of an unusual cut too, not just the usual layers and side fringe....
    Im living in the corbally area and bus is my transport most of the time so in corbally or the city would be great... All help appreciated! :D
    Thanks guys!! :)

Hey,if your looking for a good cut at kinda cheap price,your better off going to halo but ask for the academy.its where student hairdressers cut it but the head hairdressers are always by them but check out their website cuz there prices aint that bad and they do a good job.well i think they do anyways :) or you could try belissimo academy too,but i prefer halo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭TheJinMu

Just had a look at the website there, €45 is the cheapest price up there, except minus 10% student discount... Bit out of my price range, I was hoping for along the lines of €30 ish...No prices up for the academy on it... Thanks very much though, I might give them a go! :)
    Fusion is right across the road from me though, anyone any experience with them?..

Just had a look at the website there, €45 is the cheapest price up there, except minus 10% student discount... Bit out of my price range, I was hoping for along the lines of €30 ish...No prices up for the academy on it... Thanks very much though, I might give them a go! :)
    Fusion is right across the road from me though, anyone any experience with them?..

Fusion in grove island,corbally is it??ya i went to them once or twice.not too bad and they do student discount as well methinks. add halo on facebook if ur on it and they give special offer prices.i got a haircut few weeks ago there for a fiver!!! :D

Well its fusion in westbury but its the same people etc isnt it? :) Ya i found halo on facebook there now, I might just go to fusion, save me the hassle of the bus. Ha ha. Tis a windy oul day out though, not the best weather for a new 'do :p

Well its fusion in westbury but its the same people etc isnt it? :) Ya i found halo on facebook there now, I might just go to fusion, save me the hassle of the bus. Ha ha. Tis a windy oul day out though, not the best weather for a new 'do :p

think its the same peeps!who knows ha!i hear ya.i was out in it n it destroyed my freshly straightened locks haha!!good luck.hope u get a loverly new hairdo :)

• Advertisement

Well fusion had all their blinds down so it was into town I went :) Went to marbles on cruises street i think it is...? Opposite specsavers, cos it was nearest the bus stop and I just kinda wandered in. Ha ha.
    Im not sure if I'm delighted or not. It was €40 after-student price-and the cut itself is nice, but she did take about 2inchs off, with the usual tale of my ends being very dry... which they were but 2inchs still seemed to make it a helluva lot shorter... :(
    Also, she cut my hair, then wandered off to cut someone elses while another girl blowdried mine, then I was left sitting there without the offer of tea or a magazine or anything for about 10 minutes... Then eventually came back and finished it off and ushered me out the door. So I'm not sure how happy i am as like I said, the cut is nice and til she left me to be blowdried she was friendly enough!

Booooo.. must start cutting my own hair.. Ha ha :D

Well fusion had all their blinds down so it was into town I went :) Went to marbles on cruises street i think it is...? Opposite specsavers, cos it was nearest the bus stop and I just kinda wandered in. Ha ha.
    Im not sure if I'm delighted or not. It was €40 after-student price-and the cut itself is nice, but she did take about 2inchs off, with the usual tale of my ends being very dry... which they were but 2inchs still seemed to make it a helluva lot shorter... :(
    Also, she cut my hair, then wandered off to cut someone elses while another girl blowdried mine, then I was left sitting there without the offer of tea or a magazine or anything for about 10 minutes... Then eventually came back and finished it off and ushered me out the door. So I'm not sure how happy i am as like I said, the cut is nice and til she left me to be blowdried she was friendly enough!

Booooo.. must start cutting my own hair.. Ha ha :D

Never been to marbles cuz it always looked too pricey for my liking(on the dole ya see :P) pity you didnt wander up to halo cuz it isnt that far from there.next time :)
    Sounds a bit unwelcoming there.ya never want that like.well thats me never gonna wander into there anyways haha

you wha? wrote: »
    Never been to marbles cuz it always looked too pricey for my liking(on the dole ya see :P) pity you didnt wander up to halo cuz it isnt that far from there.next time :)
    Sounds a bit unwelcoming there.ya never want that like.well thats me never gonna wander into there anyways haha

Ha ha, ya least we know now for future reference. Halo seemed like a bit of a walk at the time but sher its done now! 6 more months to a year before I have to worry again.
    She was tryin to get me to get a full head dye too cos my hairs a mad jumble of colour (pink, blonde, brown, faded purple..:o) but it'll do. She's probably right cos its at the stage where I have to keep dyin it in order to get rid of the icky colour that its faded to but anyway :) Might just dye it pink for the summer :D I never learn :p

Ha ha, ya least we know now for future reference. Halo seemed like a bit of a walk at the time but sher its done now! 6 more months to a year before I have to worry again.
    She was tryin to get me to get a full head dye too cos my hairs a mad jumble of colour (pink, blonde, brown, faded purple..:o) but it'll do. She's probably right cos its at the stage where I have to keep dyin it in order to get rid of the icky colour that its faded to but anyway :) Might just dye it pink for the summer :D I never learn :p

haha!!the chancer she was :P defo steering clear of there cuz im too fricking scared(for want of a better word)to say no to those kinda things sometimes haha wow,ur hair sounds deadly.i'll look out for ya in town sometime :P

you wha? wrote: »
    haha!!the chancer she was :P defo steering clear of there cuz im too fricking scared(for want of a better word)to say no to those kinda things sometimes haha wow,ur hair sounds deadly.i'll look out for ya in town sometime :P

Its all faded though so its not half as awesome as it sounds... the purple's practically brown at this stage like. Ha ha :) There seems to be a lot of people goin round with all pink hair now... Kinda takes from the appeal-its not unusual anymore :( So I think it's either green like the joker :D or white blonde for me next. Ha ha :D

• Advertisement

Oh! Anyone know where there's a hairdresser wholesalers around?? I know my friend in wexford goes to one in gorey and gets dye etc for a really good price...! Any down here that your average joe can wander into? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭pixysarah

sally salon on thomas street, not sure if their wholesalers but they sell all the salon supplies in there! also have to 2nd the halo academy got my hair cut and full head of highlights for €50 a few weeks ago and its fab!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 blueivu

The hairdressers in the Parkway have a Monday - Thursday offer for €25 for a cut, I've never been there but if they are good then it's a great deal.

Well wow am I glad I didnt take the hairdresser up on her blonde "Hair dye" for €50+ offer!! I just used Colour B4 and my hair is blonde again!! Got it in boots for €14 so whoop!! :) Still not happy with my haircut as my fringe isn't co-operating at all but nothing I can do now i guess...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Just got my haircut today in a small Polish(I think) salon on Wickham Street, just walked in no appointment, wash cut and blowdry for 25euro, she did exactly what I asked, a funky little bob. She didnt bat an eyelid at the state of my hair colour either, hastn been dyed since March and is a bit of state. Deffo recommend her. Dont know the name of the place but just a couple of doors up from Boylesports. Oh yeah and I was in and out in just under an hour(hate the carry in the big chains - you make an appointment, arrive on time and yet have to wait, then one girls washes and you sit around, then someone cuts and you sit around then eventually what feels like about three days later someone finishes your blowdry and releases you back into the community.

Ha ha, ya your last description sounds about right :) Stupid hairdressers!! :P

Advertisement