Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike insurance

Options
  • 10-05-2011 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭

Out of curiosity, how do folk here insure their bikes, and what sort of coverage can you actually buy? (Thinking thieft, accident damage, damage in travel etc.).

I seem to remember TI used to organize something, but at the time I didn't own a bike :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭yoshx

i,would,also,be,interested,i,have,already,lost,my,city,bike,cost,me,450,at,the,GPO,where,is,a,gardai,standing,nearly,24,hours,

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭911sc

under your house insurance. Exclusion applies when racing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭iamjenko

Yeah you would have to list it under your Home or Home Contents (if you live in rented accom) insurance policy.

There would be conditions to do with it being locked etc and the first €150-€250 of the claim you would have to cover yourself.

You could check out some quotes on some on-line providers. Getcover.ie, 123.ie etc

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

FBD don't insure them. So don't bother going to them. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭rockman15

we have our bikes covered by aviva's house policy. they just mandate they are kept off street, in a locked shed. not sure of specific costs i must say.

• Advertisement
Advertisement