Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feeling a lack of guidance.

• 10-05-2011 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Well the title says it all.

Ive no guidance and Im pretty much, I wouldnt say lost, but in need of serious advice.

Im picking courses for CAO but thats not a problem at all. I have courses in mind (none going above 330). I believe 330 would be a godsend but its the best I can do unfortunatley even If I could get near that.

My problem is back up plans. I dont know what to do if I were to lets say get nowhere near requirments for courses picked. What back up plans are availble, as in are there courses that would help me get into courses picked if requirements are not met? I just dont want to be wandering in this economy with nothing to show for a job or a course I might want.

My courses for CAO are as follows:

Environmental Science & Sustainable Technology (330)
    Marketing (315)
    Web Development (310)
    BIS (310)
    It Management (300)
    Quantity Surveying (290)
    IT Support (255)

All courses picked in Cork Institute of Technology, thats the area Im in. And yes the points are low for those, but thats me, cant do better if not even match that.

Thanks to anyone to reads, if you want to know anything else just ask.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I noticed you had courses on your list in descending order of points. Don't ever pick a course over another one because the points are higher. Even if you get the points there is always the small chance you won't get a place. Base them on your order of what you'd really like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

Am I right to say that you should also stick a few higher points courses in too?

If you don't get the points, doesn't matter, but if you do better you've got nothing to lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Am I right to say that you should also stick a few higher points courses in too?

If you don't get the points, doesn't matter, but if you do better you've got nothing to lose.
    ONLY if they are the courses you want most! By all means, if your absolute dream course is likely to have higher points than you think you might get, stick it down as Number 1 anyway ... you might surprise yourself!!

Don't just put in high points courses for the sake of having high points courses on there, though, that's pure daft tbh!

PLEASE read the first post in this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ItsChip

Hey guys trust me it aint daft what Im doing, the first three are in order of what I want to do, the rest are in points order but I also want them all equally, but the first 3 are the serious ones I want, it just happens they go in order, I know what Im well capable of too, and I can 100% guarantee above those marks are something I will never get. Ive tried very hard in recent years and never achieved them, I know what I cant get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Aug2009

Would love to know how you got on. Know lots of people thinking of heading to college next year as they cant get jobs. Think they would all be interesting. Best of luck whatever happens.

• Advertisement
Advertisement