Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NGB 24Mbit enabled Exchanges

Options
  • 10-05-2011 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

My Exchange Ringaskiddy is due to upgraded to NGB by the end of the year ,does this mean it will automatically be upgraded to 24Mb also or are they two different things and if they are is Ringaskiddy on any schedule to be upgraded to 24MB
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭stylie

Im on the Blarney exchange, and I got a letter in the post last week saying I would be auto upgraded to the 24mb which will turned on in the coming weeks and that if a new modem is needed they will send it to me foc.
    Currently Im on there 8mb package

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

danny004 wrote: »
    My Exchange Ringaskiddy is due to upgraded to NGB by the end of the year ,does this mean it will automatically be upgraded to 24Mb also or are they two different things and if they are is Ringaskiddy on any schedule to be upgraded to 24MB
    Cheers

Hi danny004
    if you send me your tel. no I can advise you what speed your line is likely to provide.
    Yes NGB exchanges should be able to provide up to 24Mb depending on the individual lines providing broadband to your premises.
    If you were on an NGB Advanced package you will automatically be moved to 24Mb. You can read more about this here
    Tony

stylie wrote: »
    Im on the Blarney exchange, and I got a letter in the post last week saying I would be auto upgraded to the 24mb which will turned on in the coming weeks and that if a new modem is needed they will send it to me foc.
    Currently Im on there 8mb package

Hi stylie
    yes depending on what package you are on many NGB customers will be upgraded for free. :) You can see more about this here. If you have any query just post me here.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Blikes

Got a letter too.

Free Upgrade = Happy Out :)

Hi stylie
    yes depending on what package you are on many NGB customers will be upgraded for free. :) You can see more about this here. If you have any query just post me here.
    Tony

Hi Tony,

Im just curious as to when, they mention a number of weeks in the letter but I would rather as exact date if there is one :)

• Advertisement

Hi Tony,

Im just curious as to when, they mention a number of weeks in the letter but I would rather as exact date if there is one :)

Hi stylie
    because of the scope of the roll out we cannot offer an exact date. The time frame is 4 / 6 weeks so should be complete by mid June.
    Not the exact answer but all we can honestly say at this time.
    Tony

Hi Tony,

Aside from the letter a few weeks ago can I expect any other communication from Eircom letting me know its enabled or that I might need a new router ? Would the guys working in the local exchange know when the Blarney area is getting 24M ?

Hi Tony,

Aside from the letter a few weeks ago can I expect any other communication from Eircom letting me know its enabled or that I might need a new router ? Would the guys working in the local exchange know when the Blarney area is getting 24M ?

Hi Stylie
    yes if your current modem does not support the upgrade of up to 24Mb a replacement modem will be sent to you. At this time I do not have info on the Blarney area.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭pmsurveys

Hi Tony
    Was told that the Nurney exchange in Kildare was due for upgrade end Sep but your map online doesnt show it at all. Any chance you could check this out. Thanks.
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭captain_boycott

I got a phone call from Eircom asking me why I left Eircom last year and if I would consider coming back. I explained I left because Eircom were imposing a download limit of 30GB. The Agent explained to me that this was no longer true, that NGB was now unlimited. I pushed her to explain what exactly "unlimited" meant but she was adamant that there was no additional usage changes or usage cap.

So, I switched back. Now I recieve an email from Eircom, welcoming me back and it states..

"You monthly usage allowance is 30GB" and it goes on to explain how to check usage using the broadband download meter.

Can you please clarify which is correct, the email or the agent?

• Advertisement

I got a phone call from Eircom asking me why I left Eircom last year and if I would consider coming back. I explained I left because Eircom were imposing a download limit of 30GB. The Agent explained to me that this was no longer true, that NGB was now unlimited. I pushed her to explain what exactly "unlimited" meant but she was adamant that there was no additional usage changes or usage cap.

So, I switched back. Now I recieve an email from Eircom, welcoming me back and it states..

"You monthly usage allowance is 30GB" and it goes on to explain how to check usage using the broadband download meter.

Can you please clarify which is correct, the email or the agent?
    Hi captain_boycott
    I imagine it depends on the package you have. Can you PM me your tel no and I can clarify this for you.
    Tony

pmsurveys wrote: »
    Hi Tony
    Was told that the Nurney exchange in Kildare was due for upgrade end Sep but your map online doesnt show it at all. Any chance you could check this out. Thanks.
    Paul

Just bumping back up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Just bumping back up.

Thanks pmsurveys,

I will look into your query and see if there's any further update.

Kind regards,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭zugvogel

Thanks pmsurveys,

I will look into your query and see if there's any further update.

Kind regards,
    Ant

Hi Tony,
    I'm also interested in any news for an upgrade to the Nurney exchange. I use my DSL for tele-working.

Thks,
    Zug

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

zugvogel wrote: »
    Hi Tony,
    I'm also interested in any news for an upgrade to the Nurney exchange. I use my DSL for tele-working.

Thks,
    Zug

Hi Zug,

At the moment there is no time-frame or indication date we can give for the Nurney exchange in Carlow I'm afraid.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Zug,

At the moment there is no time-frame or indication date we can give for the Nurney exchange in Carlow I'm afraid.

Thanks, Mark

Mark,
    pmsurveys and I are asking about the Nurney exchange in County Kildare (about 4 miles south of Kildare town) not Nurney Carlow.

Cheers
    Zug

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Mark,
    pmsurveys and I are asking about the Nurney exchange in County Kildare (about 4 miles south of Kildare town) not Nurney Carlow.

Cheers
    Zug

Hi Zug,

Sorry to say, the situation is the same for the Nurney exchange in Kildare.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Zug,

Sorry to say, the situation is the same for the Nurney exchange in Kildare.

Thanks, Mark

OK Mark. Thanks for the update.

Cheers,
    Zug

Just bumping back up.

Hi pmsurveys,

Apologies for the delay. I've also been advised that the upgrade in Nurney, Kildare, is due by the end of September this year.
    This is dependent on planned works and may change, but it is hoped that it would go through.
    The NGB map on the website may not accurately reflect some NGB upgrades. Again this is subject to planned works going ahead.

I will update this thread if I have more information on your exchange.

Kind regards,
    Ant

Hi Tony,
    Like pmsurveus, I'm off the Nurney, Kildare exchange as well, so thanks for that bit of welcome news regarding the possible NGB upgrade. It would great if you could update the thread as more information becomes available. Just out of interest does the upgrade to NGB mean a move to ADSL2(+) or is it just back haul that's getting upgraded? Am interested because I work in IT/IS.

Thks,
    Zug

• Advertisement

Hi Tony,
    Like pmsurveus, I'm off the Nurney, Kildare exchange as well, so thanks for that bit of welcome news regarding the possible NGB upgrade. It would great if you could update the thread as more information becomes available. Just out of interest does the upgrade to NGB mean a move to ADSL2(+) or is it just back haul that's getting upgraded? Am interested because I work in IT/IS.

Thks,
    Zug

Hi Zug,

As before, if we have any further updates we will post it here. Also it depends on the exchange whether it will be upgraded on adsl2+. In general, if the broadband line pre-quals for higher than 8Mb, and equipment is in the exchange, then the broadband connection will be put on adsl2+ (which offers higher upload speeds).

All the best,
    Ant

Hey guys was Nurney exchange in Kildare upgraded? My speeds seem to have increased slightly but more consistent and your site now offers me the up to 24megs package for my line.

Thanks

Just bumping back up.
    Hi zugvogel and pmsurvey
    It is due to be migrated by Sept / Oct not showing as having been migrated as yet. If you DM me your tel no. I can check for you.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭ClonNGB

Hi Tony,

Any sign of the 'engineering issues' at the Clonakilty exchange been resolved ? Accroding to the NGB map this was to be done several months ago. I am a business user and need to make a decsion shortly based on this, so any relaible update would be most appreciated. Thanks.

ClonNGB wrote: »
    Hi Tony,

Any sign of the 'engineering issues' at the Clonakilty exchange been resolved ? Accroding to the NGB map this was to be done several months ago. I am a business user and need to make a decsion shortly based on this, so any relaible update would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Hi ClonNGB
    Date still to be fixed but should be migrated by year end. Apologies for delay, I understand as a business user you may have to make decisions on what service will be available to you and I will post the date as soon as I can.
    Tony

Mark,

Cheers
    Zug
    Hi zugvogel;
    the Nurney exchange in Kildare is now enabled for NGB. Any issue let m eknow.
    Tony

Hey guys was Nurney exchange in Kildare upgraded? My speeds seem to have increased slightly but more consistent and your site now offers me the up to 24megs package for my line.

Thanks

Hi pmsurvey, had PM'd you re the Nurney exchange but this has now been migrated to NGB.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Hi, Tony. Im currently on NGB 8mb but due to the line im only getting 4mb which run on a speed test gives me 3.5mb, Was wondering do these lines get upgraded at all or is it only the exchanges

Thanks Tony I'm going to upgrade my package as any extra mb's for me is worth it even if its only up to 12mb :)

• Advertisement

Hi zugvogel;
    the Nurney exchange in Kildare is now enabled for NGB. Any issue let m eknow.
    Tony

Hi Tony thanks for the update on NGB for Nurney. Will PM you my phone number and perhaps you can tell me what MB package my line should be capable off. It currently syns at 5120 kbps.

Cheers,
    Zug

Advertisement