Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to create this style/look

Options
  • 10-05-2011 2:12pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Im looking to create a similar style or look to this image.

I will be using regular images and want to then use photoshop to make them have this look but im not sure what the best filters etc are to use or if theres a better way to do it. I could draw over the image and just use black and another colour but just wondering if there is a better less time consuming way.

Its from the Rockanrolla opening credits if anyones wondering.

Cheers

rockanrolla.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Doing something like this will probably give you the best results when making that look from a photo.

http://www.photoguides.net/photoshopping-obama-hope-posters

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Cheers for the reply. I have been using the live trace in illustrator since my post and its not bad for getting the silhouette style. I was hoping to find something to make it more comic book style but not having much look with that bit of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Axwell wrote: »
    Cheers for the reply. I have been using the live trace in illustrator since my post and its not bad for getting the silhouette style. I was hoping to find something to make it more comic book style but not having much look with that bit of it.

That is pretty much just the pen tool or even a live trace if you're extra lazy! You could also bring it into flash and use flash's version of live trace which imo is far superior then bring it back into illustrator.

what makes that image pop out is the tones. If you are looking to keep it as a vecter image you best look into the colours that are being used then try match them. But if you dont need it to be a vecter image you could bring it into photoshop then apply a few filters etc which will give you a much grimier effect. You could use a blur to smooth out the lines, then for the tone play around with some adjustment layers.

You can also use the blending options to apply dots for shading - im having a brain fart atm i cant remember what the exact name for that style is.. it'l probs come to me in 10 mins when im away from the computer hah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 angelinalove

Hi
    You can use Photoshop for this, i have also used photoshop so many times. but i did''nt. go so deep. so you can ask any profesional photographer for this. he can explain you easily.

Advertisement