Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to cancel my account

Options
  • 10-05-2011 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

But told this morning I can't unless I pay a cancelation fee
    The thing is my bb service is atrocious, I was promised up to 8 mb but the best I have ever got is around 3mb but at the moment I am getting around 0.2mb, i have asked eircom support to check this out, they say 5mb is available on my line but after months of checking and emails etc I am still no better off
    I have sent in copies of speed test reports showing just how bad the service is and that's still not good enough to show them the service is RUBBISH :(

I can't find a copy of my contract and seemingly eircom can't either :rolleyes:
    I'm sick of paying for a service that I can't use :mad:
    Why can't eircom do the decent thing and let my out of my contract ( that no one can find )
    Why do I have to pay for a service I am not using, all you have to do is check to see it's not being used

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

applejam wrote: »
    But told this morning I can't unless I pay a cancelation fee
    The thing is my bb service is atrocious, I was promised up to 8 mb but the best I have ever got is around 3mb but at the moment I am getting around 0.2mb, i have asked eircom support to check this out, they say 5mb is available on my line but after months of checking and emails etc I am still no better off
    I have sent in copies of speed test reports showing just how bad the service is and that's still not good enough to show them the service is RUBBISH :(

I can't find a copy of my contract and seemingly eircom can't either :rolleyes:
    I'm sick of paying for a service that I can't use :mad:
    Why can't eircom do the decent thing and let my out of my contract ( that no one can find )
    Why do I have to pay for a service I am not using, all you have to do is check to see it's not being used

Hi applejam
    if you PM me your line no. I can chase this for you. I should be able to get details corcerning your line speeds and can escalate to see if any improvement possible. However as you may be aware that the 8Mb package is up to 8Mb and speeds depend on distance from exchange and line quality.
    Re your contract, this is likely to contain the standard 12 month period clause, which stipulates that early ceasation of contract will lead to charges. However if this 12 month period is up there should be no extra charge.
    Pm me and I will chase for you.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭applejam

Any news back for me ?

Any news back for me ?

Hi applejam,
    will be back to you a bit later today. Apologies for delay.
    Tony

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

Hi applejam
    if you PM me your line no. I can chase this for you. I should be able to get details corcerning your line speeds and can escalate to see if any improvement possible. However as you may be aware that the 8Mb package is up to 8Mb and speeds depend on distance from exchange and line quality.
    Re your contract, this is likely to contain the standard 12 month period clause, which stipulates that early ceasation of contract will lead to charges. However if this 12 month period is up there should be no extra charge.
    Pm me and I will chase for you.
    Tony

Hi Tony,
    I am also trying to cancel my account for the past couple of months.
    I have had this account for more than 12 months and am now moving house and am trying to pay off whatever I owe on the Bill but am finding it very difficult to do so.

Can you please help? I will PM you my account and telephone number.
    regards
    Rok

As a side note:
    I signed me up to the special offer "11 months no line rental" in January 2010, the Eircom Field Sales rep that signed me up told me that I could cancel anytime - even within the first 12 months with no penalty! He said "just call Eircom and tell them you are unhappy with the service".
    I have his name and mobile number if you wish to follow up?

When I phoned to try cancel the account I was told by Wayne in Cancellation (Sales) that I had to do so in writing and that I could NOT send an email to cancel.
    So I sent a letter to Phone Cease/Cancellation Team but when I called to check they said that they never received it!
    I have since found out from someone else in eircom that you can in fact send a cancellation request by email to phonecancellationsATeircomDOTie

• Advertisement

Tony have sent you a pm.
    I'm getting more and more frustrated with eircom, the girls on the phone seem to think the agents on here have nothing to do with them and their decisions , I was told that it doesn't matter what you tell me it down to them, it's a joke.
    I was also told that although I was sold broadband the wireless is only a feature and if the service is bad that I should buy myself a land cable and use that for a strong signal ???? What are they on in there ??? I use an iPad , it has no USB or connection to plug it into the wall, ffs , I'm fuming here

Tony I sent you a PM also.
    (sorry to highjack your thread applejam! hope you get it sorted)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Tony have sent you a pm.
    I'm getting more and more frustrated with eircom, the girls on the phone seem to think the agents on here have nothing to do with them and their decisions , I was told that it doesn't matter what you tell me it down to them, it's a joke.
    I was also told that although I was sold broadband the wireless is only a feature and if the service is bad that I should buy myself a land cable and use that for a strong signal ???? What are they on in there ??? I use an iPad , it has no USB or connection to plug it into the wall, ffs , I'm fuming here

The wireless is just a feature. If the speed over the cable is normal then you have no grounds to cancel. Because you only have an ipad I am guessing you have not checked this. You will need to do this if you want to cancel.

Yes but I'm still only getting crappy speeds ( have the tests to prove it )
    Engineer only managed to get 3mb on my line , I know they say up to 8 but I have never gotten higher than 3mb and that was only for a few days now back to 0.02 to maybe 1.4mb, rubbish rubbish rubbish

Yes but I'm still only getting crappy speeds ( have the tests to prove it )
    Engineer only managed to get 3mb on my line , I know they say up to 8 but I have never gotten higher than 3mb and that was only for a few days now back to 0.02 to maybe 1.4mb, rubbish rubbish rubbish
    Hi applejam
    I am afraid that poisenstream is quite correct again. The package you have is NGB broadband up to 8Mb, however your line due to distance will only deliver 3Mb. Your line does deliver 3Mb so for that reason there is no breach of contract which would allow early cancellation.
    The suggestion to connect over ethernet cable as opposed to wireless is an option for many, however not if connecting by ipad. In some buildings wi fi can be interrupted by walls or other electric current, in these cases cable resolves the issue, although in this case you will not receive more than 3Mb.
    As this is in keeping with the terms of the contract the agents in 1901 are correct in saying that we cannot change this for you.
    Sorry I can not do more.
    Tony

• Advertisement

rok wrote: »
    Hi Tony,
    I am also trying to cancel my account for the past couple of months.
    I have had this account for more than 12 months and am now moving house and am trying to pay off whatever I owe on the Bill but am finding it very difficult to do so.

Can you please help? I will PM you my account and telephone number.
    regards
    Rok

As a side note:
    I signed me up to the special offer "11 months no line rental" in January 2010, the Eircom Field Sales rep that signed me up told me that I could cancel anytime - even within the first 12 months with no penalty! He said "just call Eircom and tell them you are unhappy with the service".
    I have his name and mobile number if you wish to follow up?

When I phoned to try cancel the account I was told by Wayne in Cancellation (Sales) that I had to do so in writing and that I could NOT send an email to cancel.
    So I sent a letter to Phone Cease/Cancellation Team but when I called to check they said that they never received it!
    I have since found out from someone else in eircom that you can in fact send a cancellation request by email to phonecancellationsATeircomDOTie
    Hi Rok
    yes have recieved your PM and am chasing this now. Ican see that this account has been closed so should be ok. Will update you re Pm.
    Tony

Hi Tony,
    just sent a PM with question about the closing bill.
    thanks again,
    rok

Advertisement