Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubbish / Recycling Collection Days?

Options
  • 10-05-2011 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if the various refuse collection and recycling companies make available their collection days / dates anywhere?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

Blacknight wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the various refuse collection and recycling companies make available their collection days / dates anywhere?

I'm afraid not, I was also after this info and ended up having to ring them.

Problem was that after asking the times/days for a few different locations they got very suspect and told me to drop into the office for a chat if I wanted further information.

(Now wondering what BK's upto) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Not up to anything odd :)

Basic problem is that I never got an updated calendar from the lot I'm using and they appear to have changed their collection frequency etc.,
    (though they haven't reduced their price!)

The last calendar thing I got from them wasn't clear at all and my emails to them were ignored ..

I Know Ray Whelan changed their collection as of this month, they have gone to bi-weekly collection of they're waste bin so that the waste / recycling alternate each week.

But they did change the price to reflect. I only found this out when I dropped down to pay them.

I know email is probably the easy way of contact nowadays but the likes of these businesses are possibly best off rang / contacted in person.?

I'm using AES - I think the last time I tried ringing them I ended up in the phone system from hell :)

(it might have improved since then .. )

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭flossie

Ray Whelan is on general refuse this week, next week is recycling......

I found this out by putting out the wrong bins 3 weeks in a row. Every time a timetable was put sticking out of my bin. I still got it wrong :-)

• Advertisement

flossie wrote: »
    Ray Whelan is on general refuse this week, next week is recycling......

I found this out by putting out the wrong bins 3 weeks in a row. Every time a timetable was put sticking out of my bin. I still got it wrong :-)
    Sounds like the kind of problem I was having :)

At one stage I was constantly getting it wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

tombull82 wrote: »
    I Know Ray Whelan changed their collection as of this month, they have gone to bi-weekly collection of they're waste bin so that the waste / recycling alternate each week.

But they did change the price to reflect. I only found this out when I dropped down to pay them.

I know email is probably the easy way of contact nowadays but the likes of these businesses are possibly best off rang / contacted in person.?
    They dropped the price by a few euro but halved the frequency of the collections but still collect the recycling bin more oftern than the competition.

Ray whelans in my area near the Éire Óg club are collecting recycling bins this friday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

my collection day on burrin st is a thursday morning, so I have wednesday circled on the calendars.

so for the last 2 weeks I put my rubbish out on a tuesday night thinking it would be collected on wednesday morning, I realised my mistake just as the the angry phone call I was making to AES was answered and hung up out of embarrasment.

and now I'm stuck with two full bins, and full refuse sacks that I've nowhere to put until my normal bin gets collected next week.

I'd love to be able to blame somebody else for this, but... damn.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 CarlowRebel

I'm in the Willows. Recycling and compost bin collected today, general waste next Wednesday and so on. I suppose you could check when your neighbours put out their bins.

foggy_lad wrote: »
    They dropped the price by a few euro but halved the frequency of the collections but still collect the recycling bin more oftern than the competition.

Ray whelans in my area near the Éire Óg club are collecting recycling bins this friday.

Yeah I got a letter attached to my bin saying that they were changing from weekly waste collection to bi-weekly and the price of €27 which I was paying for the 240l bin was going to be €22 instead.

But as said above. When I dropped down to the Office it turns out they have actually reduced the price right down to €16.50 for the 240l bin (including 240l recycle bin)

Not wanting to look attached to any of these companies but I am really happy with the prices I am paying now as apposed to this time last year..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

foggy_lad wrote: »

You call €10.50 "a few euro"? Fair enough.....

I use the 120L refuse and the 240L recycling and that's only €14.50 p/m. I'm very happy it that. I'd be even happier if they dropped it more or if we got it for free but that ain't gonna happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭bytheglass

I'm with AES in Askes area & the general waste was collected today, next weds is recycling & compost & the following weds again is general... and so on!

Advertisement