Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garys Cycles Sligo

• 10-05-2011 2:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭

Mods if this is not OK then sorry in advance & please move or delete as appropriate.

I want to extol the virtues of Gary's Cycles in Sligo. I have no connection with or affiliation to them. Technically I can't even call myself a satisfied customer as I haven't really bought anything from them but heres my story:

Last Sunday on the Tour of Sligo I suffered a puncture and needed a new tube & tyre. Having already used up my spare tube (this was my second puncture of the day :( ). I thought my day was over. The team from Gary’s Cycles came to my rescue however. Although I didn’t have any money on me (lesson learned for the next time!) Gary’s crew fitted me with a new tyre & tube and got me on my way again. I can’t thank them enough for that or praise them enough for their great service.

I couldn't find anyone from Garys at the end in order to settle my debt. I waited a while but I had to leave as I had a long journey ahead of me. I felt bad about doing it but I knew they had my number so they would be in touch. I wrang today and told them my story and asked them how could we fix up. To my surprise and delight Gary told me to have the tyre and tube on the house. What a top class guy.

So I just wanted to post on here to let everyone know about his great service and generosity. It certainly made my Tour of Sligo and I'll definitely be heading back up there again next year.

Thanks a million Gary and his team.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 PGN

During a warm up fo the An Post Sligo spin on Saturday my wife broke a spoke in the Carrick on Suir area. Local shop tried but did not have one to fit. He recommended Gary's so we drove over and presented Gary with the problem. One hour later we collected the repaired wheel and a very reasonable bill for the service provide. This was on one of the busiest afternoons of their year as they were preparing their van for Sunday.
    Great service, I will be back.

Advertisement