Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Penthouse apartments for sale in Millennium Tower

Options
  • 10-05-2011 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭

The below is a savage apartment for sale at a good price, one problem the apartment doesn't have a bloody kitchen. Does anyone know why these were initially built without a kitchen?, I'd guess they were supposed to be for overnight VIPs, renting for photoshoots etc but now they are trying to sell them and no one is going to buy them to live in them when they don't have a kitchen unless you want to build one from scratch.

http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=551453

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Good price? And you only get one car parking space :eek:

Even for VIP guests I'm sure they'd appreciate having a kitchen. Very odd. The first pic is misleading as it's the view from the apartment rather than the building itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I do like that view though :) wouldn't mind spending a night there but def wouldn't pay half a million for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

My point isnt really about debating the price, its why they built the things without a kitchen, seems retarded unless they never expected to sell/rent them to ordinary people wanting to live in an apartment

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Ah yeah I'm sure they had some weird reason. I've seen huge apartments specifically built for housing VIPS around Baggot Street and they generally have fabulous huge designer kitchens. It's very strange they didn't put one in. They should really do it now, it might help it sell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Maybe this was built to be a hotel ? Might explain the lack of a kitchen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭wench

Dots1982 wrote: »
    The below is a savage apartment for sale at a good price, one problem the apartment doesn't have a bloody kitchen. Does anyone know why these were initially built without a kitchen?

Apparently it did have a kitchen originally, but the owner took it out
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/property/2010/0826/1224277603470.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

I honestly cannot believe what I'm reading here. No kitchen?? Celtic Tiger hubris, excess and plain friggin' stupidity in as pure a form as you can get.

Usually I would never wish ill on a seller. But here, this person deserves to get burnt so, so bad because when you disengage your brain and choose not to use an ounce of the common sense mother nature gave you, then you deserve to learn the hard way. That's mother nature too you know: it's called natural selection. Dimness must be expunged!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Mindboggling stuff, and crazy prices still.

More to go yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

I wonder is the fact that theres no kitchen mean it can't be declared a residence for tax purposes?? Great for the non residants for tax purposes...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭pooch90

Had dropped €145K since August if you read the irishtimes article linked above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭xper

No kitchen? Unreal. Ok, maybe the Celtic tiger cub who reconfigured this place was no cook and ate out every night but, Christ, did he not fancy some corn flakes of a Saturday morning?

Another thought: High-end knocking shop?:confused:

Certainly wouldn't be legal to rent this place out as a private residence.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,393 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I wonder is the fact that theres no kitchen mean it can't be declared a residence for tax purposes?? Great for the non residants for tax purposes...
    Your residence is where you go at the end of your day. It isn't where you eat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

xper wrote: »
    Another thought: High-end knocking shop?:confused:

That exact thought crossed my mind as well

• Registered Users Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I honestly cannot believe what I'm reading here. No kitchen?? Celtic Tiger hubris, excess and plain friggin' stupidity in as pure a form as you can get.

Usually I would never wish ill on a seller. But here, this person deserves to get burnt so, so bad because when you disengage your brain and choose not to use an ounce of the common sense mother nature gave you, then you deserve to learn the hard way. That's mother nature too you know: it's called natural selection. Dimness must be expunged!

+1 What an absolutely bizarre decision

Did they not even want somewhere to make tea or coffee :confused: All I can think is that is was a corporate apartment for putting up guests of the company who would be wined and dined etc?

Advertisement