Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official. Dublin is a sh*th0le

Options
  • 10-05-2011 3:01pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 88 ✭✭

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/drugs-drink-and-the-stench-of-urine-are-alive-alive-oh-2641812.html

This article in today's Indo is worth reading.
    Unfortunately most people who visit our capital know this already.

Dublin city centre is (and has been for some considerable time) an utter ****hole.
    It's populated by beggars, scroungers, thieves and druggies.:eek:

As someone who is not from Dublin, and who visits other major cities/capitals on a regular basis I can honestly say I find our Capital an embarrassment.:o

My advice to any visitors/potential visitors is to "Go West!" as quickly as you can .............

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

No good can come from this...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

West. Apparently home of belly dancers. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭rockmongrel

Sure The Independent is a rag. Here's me not giving a ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

The Indo is becoming more of a rag paper every day. Are they getting desperate?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

IngazZagni wrote: »
    The Indo is becoming more of a rag paper every day. Are they getting desperate?

Yes. Recycling articles, stealing ideas from other papers and pure sensationialism. Not to mention the platform for uber-conservative "columnists" who have "opinions".

Dublin's not embarassing, it's a fieldday for anthropology.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Bravo John Meagher for this hard hitting masterpiece of journalism. It's right up there with the best of Alison O'Riordan.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

It's not a great article (repost btw from another thread in this forum) but it points out the blatantly obvious of 2 pretty bad spots that are obvious failures of DCC and AGS to sort out.

The Indo can bitch about it all they want, but they fail to provide any positive recommendations of how it could be remedied. See my post in the earlier thread for what I mean by that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 88 ✭✭Belly_Dancer

De-Nial aint just a river in Africa!

(us belly dancers should know):D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Did anyone hear the one about the junkie hassling people on the boardwalk?

Yes, we have, we have heard it hundreds of times before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

There's a thread started on this earlier.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement