Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netgear and 'Customer Support'

Options
  • 10-05-2011 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

Was wondering if anyone can help?

Have a Netgear WGR614v9 wireless router with UPC broadband. Was preforming firmware update, and now it's not working.

Power light keeps flashing, no wireless. I can't access the router through a wired connection either. I did a hard reset, but that didn't work either.

Rang their customer support, and they want a €100 for a year's membership for 'support', when I can get a new router from UPC for €50, which I did.

Anyone have any idea's how to fix the router? It appears to be a hardware issue, and most likely its f**ked, but if I could fix it, it would be a handy spare.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,239 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Sounds like it's bricked but recoverable.

http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=30453

If the basic reset sequence doesn't work, you'll need to use the TFTP clients to reflash it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Got sorted!

Legend!

Advertisement