Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cookery school

Options
  • 10-05-2011 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

A question for all ye foodies. Would there be much interest in a cookery school on the west side of Dublin that could also facilitate people in the surrounding counties. I have looked at the schools in Dublin and they mostly seem to be on the south side. Also what type of cookery school would you like and how much would you be willing to pay for either a half day(9-1) or a full day (9-5ish).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 dmalone

dublinchef wrote: »
    A question for all ye foodies. Would there be much interest in a cookery school on the west side of Dublin that could also facilitate people in the surrounding counties. I have looked at the schools in Dublin and they mostly seem to be on the south side. Also what type of cookery school would you like and how much would you be willing to pay for either a half day(9-1) or a full day (9-5ish).

I'd pay €50 for a half day ... a vegetarian course would be great as many of my friends are vegan and salads get boring very fast ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I live in Wexford and TBH, if there was a course I wanted to do, I would travel for it. Unless it was Galway or somewhere else not easy to get to from here.

I would say if you have the right kind of course offering, it doesn't matter where you are based.

I would probably be happy to pay about the same as the previous poster, but have paid E150 for a day long course before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭SBWife

There's a cookery school at the Village at Lyons, run by Clodagh McKenna. Surely that's already hitting your target area.

Advertisement