Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phoenix Park Racecourse - Parking

Options
  • 10-05-2011 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Apologies if I do not have this post in the correct location.

Currently living in Phoenix Park Racecourse apartments and was wondering if any one knew any more than I do about the current parking situation.

As of yesterday they have officially begun clamping cars which are parked up against the white hoarding. This is a total joke, I've no idea where I'm going to park when I come home past 8 or 9 now. Live with one other person and we share one underground spot (like I'm sure many folks there do).

Does anyone know if there's any plans for further spaces or anything?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Check out the PP boards on neighbours.ie

Beware that most high density developments were sold with one space..if that's all the deeds say, that's all you're entitled to.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭shawty

Thanks for that. I see some more details up there too :)

Ya I understand the places only come with one spot but there's really no current alternative. The clamping situation there is becoming a real joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

shawty wrote: »
    Ya I understand the places only come with one spot but there's really no current alternative. The clamping situation there is becoming a real joke.

If the clampers are enforcing the rules regarding parking then it's not really a joke. The fact that there isn't enough parking is the joke and something all of us who bought in the last decade are dealing with...but if you know there's only one space and you have two cars...why move there?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭shawty

Quite honestly it wasn't something I considered when moving there. I've lived in places with one dedicated spot before and 3 cars in the apartment and never had these problems.

There has been just about enough spaces for the past year or so but now they have decided to take away a number of these spaces (could be up to 30, not really sure).

I don't feel like I'm in the wrong by being annoyed with too few car parking spaces and opportunistic clampers but I do understand that it is what it is.

Just wanted to know really if anyone in the area had any more details of whether more parking availability was planned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Trueblue78

Hi, anybody notice the clamping yesterday at the racecourse. About10 cars were clamped along the back near Rosanule. I understand the one space,two cars, tough luck concept but there is literally nowhere to go. Plus its totally not feasible or reasonable in this day and age to expect people to either buy or rent a 2 bed apartment and to have only one car. (either now or in the future). Why are they being so greedy. There is a huge car park down at the back of londis. Anybody have any ideas?:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement