Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which course to take?

Options
  • 10-05-2011 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

I am looking to do a course through FAS but was wondering what is the best one to do.

I used to work in the construction industry but now I would like to move into web design. I want to design/build/and publish my own sites and keep them up to date.

The problem is im not sure where I should start :confused: ??????

The three courses that are done through FAS are as follow,

1. Java Programming S.E. 6

2.Microsoft .NET Framework (VB) 2.0 – Web-Based Client Development

3.Microsoft .NET Framework C# 2.0 – Web-Based Client Development

SO if anybody has any help for me in what i should be looking into first please help.

Also if there has/is somebody in the same boat im in please let me know what road you took or maybe we can help each other out.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Wayne

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

If they are still running it (or plan to) I would recommend the Adobe Dreamweaver course. It was running last year (sub-contracted out to Big Wave Media) and I found it to be excellent. I heard that the sub-contracted course was superior to the in-house course.

I could be wrong, but I would have thought that if you are simply looking to get into web design then the courses you mentioned aren't really suited to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭waynestledger

If they are still running it (or plan to) I would recommend the Adobe Dreamweaver course. It was running last year (sub-contracted out to Big Wave Media) and I found it to be excellent. I heard that the sub-contracted course was superior to the in-house course.

I could be wrong, but I would have thought that if you are simply looking to get into web design then the courses you mentioned aren't really suited to this.

Yea they still have the Dreamweaver CS4 course so this would be my best option the would you say? At least that will maybe give me a starting point.

thanks

Advertisement