Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skype coming to Xbox

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Will it be in ireland though or will it be like the indy games? Must go read link now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

I can see a Skype app alongside Facebook and Twitter coming in the Autumn Dashboard update, along with an improvement to party chat :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

So finally Kinect will be good for something :D

Video call or call to a mobile / land line from the xbox would be handy at times I guess.

Any game sessions I've been in lately with more than 2 people has been awful distorted voices and mad echos, so this might improve things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Knowing Microsoft, we won't get this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Its not really news.

MS buy Skype and its the obvious connection to make.

I would imagine it will eventually come to Xbox but in fairness its long overdue. When you use something like Ventrilo for years and then compare sound quality with the Xbox voip, its ****ing disgraceful to hear the comparison.

Skype though is massive in europe and the US, its pretty dribble here in Ireland but you cant fault having something like it on your Xbox to make free calls from to other subscribers.

Its definitly a decent push into making the Xbox a more central unit in your household.

Dont see myself using it though, at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

TheDoc wrote: »
    Its not really news.

MS buy Skype and its the obvious connection to make.

I would imagine it will eventually come to Xbox but in fairness its long overdue. When you use something like Ventrilo for years and then compare sound quality with the Xbox voip, its ****ing disgraceful to hear the comparison.

Skype though is massive in europe and the US, its pretty dribble here in Ireland but you cant fault having something like it on your Xbox to make free calls from to other subscribers.

Its definitly a decent push into making the Xbox a more central unit in your household.

Dont see myself using it though, at all

The quality you get on XBL voip, is it a case of the quality of the service, or the hardware?

Advertisement