Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Morning classes Martial Art classes in Limerick

• 10-05-2011 3:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am wondering if there are any clubs, preferably kickboxing, that do morning classes in Limerick. due to work and family commitments, evenings are not much of an option for me. I am willing to try other arts, it does not have to be specific to kickboxing.
    Regards,
    Killwill.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

killwill wrote: »
    Hi, I am wondering if there are any clubs, preferably kickboxing, that do morning classes in Limerick. due to work and family commitments, evenings are not much of an option for me. I am willing to try other arts, it does not have to be specific to kickboxing.
    Regards,
    Killwill.

Mike Carroll teaches Ju Jitsu, that's focused around street defense. Most classes are in the evening but there is one on Saturday mornings, at 10.30, for one hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Gumbi wrote: »
    Mike Carroll teaches Ju Jitsu, that's focused around street defense. Most classes are in the evening but there is one on Saturday mornings, at 10.30, for one hour.

Weekends means I could only commit to every second Saturday. I want to be doing a minimum of 1 session a week if at all possible. Definitely something to I would be interested in though. Thanks.

killwill wrote: »
    Weekends means I could only commit to every second Saturday. I want to be doing a minimum of 1 session a week if at all possible. Definitely something to I would be interested in though. Thanks.

That's unfortunate. All the evening classes are an hour and a half (actually they are more regularly and hour and 40 mins), and are no dearer. You'll have to pay by the month. The rates are good for regular trainers ( 12 sessions a month for me, of which 8 are an hour and 40 mins, and it costs 60 euro), but I'm not sure how they'll work for you.

As for the standard of what is being taught, I think it's excellent. Other members will likely agree, but that is up to them.

Gumbi wrote: »
    That's unfortunate. All the evening classes are an hour and a half (actually they are more regularly and hour and 40 mins), and are no dearer. You'll have to pay by the month. The rates are good for regular trainers ( 12 sessions a month for me, of which 8 are an hour and 40 mins, and it costs 60 euro), but I'm not sure how they'll work for you.

As for the standard of what is being taught, I think it's excellent. Other members will likely agree, but that is up to them.

I would ideally like to be training twice a week but due to work and needing quality time with my missus and daughter, I need a place doing regular morning/evening training.
    Training fees are not a major issue nor would most training sessions as I am quite fit, finding the best place to suit my restricted time is the issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Ger Healy

hey killwill, we have a gym in limerick city top of henry st, windmill lane, used to be MK Fitness. We are currently in the process of arranging morning training session, i will have more info on this soon. in the mean time we do an open training session on saturday from 12.30 to 3pm, if you want to pop into that

• Advertisement

Ger Healy wrote: »
    hey killwill, we have a gym in limerick city top of henry st, windmill lane, used to be MK Fitness. We are currently in the process of arranging morning training session, i will have more info on this soon. in the mean time we do an open training session on saturday from 12.30 to 3pm, if you want to pop into that

Nice one Ger, I am working this weekend but will pop in the following Saturday.

I intend to do so too! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Brian Moloney

Hi Will,

My name is Brian Moloney, I also teach martial arts in Mag Mell Studio, 66 O Connel Street, Limerick. I teach Shaolin Kung Fu, Self Defence, Ryukyu Kobudo and Shindo Muso Ryu Jo and Kenjutsu.
    I have trained in Shaolin Chang Chuan Longfist for over twenty five years. I have also trained in Shaolin Ngor Chor, Wu Chi and Chinese Weapons under Kim Sen Han in NW London and Peter Dillon and Bob Bannon in the UCD Dublin.

You are welcome to drop in and see our martial styles, you can give me a call me on 089 43 63 989

Goodbye
    Brian

Advertisement