Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

unable to connect to server

• 10-05-2011 3:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,207 ✭✭✭

I am using a VERY old email address/server and I've never had a problem (until now). I am using Win7 OE and getting this error;
    Unable to send or receive messages for the Esatclear (sully) account. The connection to the server has failed.

Server: 'pop.esatclear.ie'
    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
    Protocol: POP3
    Port: 995
    Secure(SSL): Yes,
    Socket Error: 10060
    I've tried accessing my mail through http://mail2web.com/, but it is unable to connect to the server. I know I should have changed servers ages ago but keep putting it off. Are there any other dinosaurs out there using esatclear and if so are you having problems today? Could some kind person explain how to re-route my emails to a hotmail or gmail address without changing my email address. Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

Looks like the pop server is DOWN.

C:\>ping pop.esatclear.ie

Pinging valet.esatclear.ie [194.145.128.71] with 32 bytes of data:
    Reply from 193.95.132.18: Destination net unreachable.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.

You would need to gain access to esatclear account in order to setup a forwarding of all emails, chances are it wouldn't work anyway as their pop server is offline. Your only option is to contact your provider unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭doopa

You could try looking for IMAP access to the e-mail account. They may have just turned off pop access?

If you want to redirect mail through gmail, you can try importing from the gmail settings. I'm sure there will be a help page about it. However, it will require that gmail is able to access your e-mail through pop or imap and currently it doesn't look like that is possible :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,207 ✭✭✭jos28

Thanks folks, I managed to access my email through mail2web so the server must be working now. However, I am still getting the same error with WLM. I've checked all the settings and they seem ok. It's driving me crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,207 ✭✭✭jos28

FINALLY fixed it, I unticked both SSL boxes in the advanced tab and that did the trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

jos28 wrote: »
    FINALLY fixed it, I unticked both SSL boxes in the advanced tab and that did the trick.

Good job. Pop3 standard works over tcp/110, pop3 with ssl uses tcp/995, from your original post. Obviously your provider just uses standard pop3, not pop3 with ssl.

• Advertisement
Advertisement