Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pics of the Grill

Options
  • 10-05-2011 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭

Hi

Does anyone know where I would find pictures or video of nights (Saturday nights I suppose) in the Grill night club back in the mid nineties. Probably not much out there as this would be before mobile phones and digital cameras (imagine!). This would be I suppose back in 95-98 or so. I was talking to a couple of younger lads at work and was trying to describe how mad the place was back then but couldn't do it justice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Klim

Not quite the time you asked for, but here's a pretty good video of it from 2000 I came across a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Satanta

Perfect thanks. That's exactly how I remember it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭henke

Looks mental. Wud say nightlife back then was away ahead of what it is now for young people.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Klim wrote: »
    Not quite the time you asked for, but here's a pretty good video of it from 2000 I came across a while back.

<getting flashbacks>

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

10-15 years before that video it was even more crowded. Mmmmm sausages and chips in little plastic trays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Satanta

irish1967 wrote: »
    10-15 years before that video it was even more crowded. Mmmmm sausages and chips in little plastic trays.

I was a fan of the egg mayo and chips. Free feed on Sunday nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

irish1967 wrote: »

Yeah was much better when it was the millionaire club!! I remember the queuing for ages to get in after work! Round 2000 that I stopped going on a Saturday night I think:eek:(feel sooooo old)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

The place looked mental! Nowhere in the town near that level of insanity now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

The place looked mental! Nowhere in the town near that level of insanity now :(
    Apart from the board beers nights :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

muffler wrote: »
    Apart from the board beers nights :)

Different kind of insanity, the medical type :pac: :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭mugbags

aaaaaahhhh,shure i mind it well!!! and the free feed, quare stuff!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Ford4000

Brings back memories of the grill and the Limelight Glenties !!!
    Anyone id the tune @ 6.00

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Klim

Ford4000 wrote: »
    Brings back memories of the grill and the Limelight Glenties !!!
    Anyone id the tune @ 6.00

You mean the tune exactly at 6:00? That's called 'Gitta, No Turning Back, Yomanda Mix' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FglZ_T03XJw

There's a tune shortly after that at the end, not sure if that's the one you mean, that's 'Taiko, Die Blechtrommel' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1I8D9njVPKA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

I remember being in the Grill in one of the last years they catered for students on Thursday nights in 1993 they had an alternative disco (rag week) it was mental it's the first time I heard one of my favorite songs at the time Teethgrinder by Therapy? played at a disco, after that year all the Thursdays were in Neros and I wasn't a student btw used to drive up on Thursdays to meet my mates and to....

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Ford4000

Klim wrote: »
    You mean the tune exactly at 6:00? That's called 'Gitta, No Turning Back, Yomanda Mix' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FglZ_T03XJw

There's a tune shortly after that at the end, not sure if that's the one you mean, that's 'Taiko, Die Blechtrommel' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1I8D9njVPKA

Ya Gitta the yomanda mix just could not remember the name of it ! Cheers !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭henke

Advertisement