Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problem with a patio door

• 10-05-2011 4:37pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭

the last month or so I've been having a problem with our patio door. it doesn't seem to be sitting properly on the track and is getting difficult to open and close. it also seems to be sat at an angle.
    I'm hoping its something I can do at home, is it easy to take off the door, and if so how do I do it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

If you grab both sides of the door and lift it up, you can lift the bottom of the door out, and then the top will come out of it.

The rollers could be buggared

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

thanks for quick reply, would replacing the rollers be something I could do myself? is it an expensive job?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Irish Fire

I would say you need to lift the door, bottom runner may be damaged. Open the door as far as you can and lift it back into position, did this happen while you were opening it or did someone try to break in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Slightly easier possibility.

Where the bottom of the door meets the runner there is a screw. Tighten it to raise the door at that corner to realign it.

Happens on mine every so often.
    Pics to follow.

.. Pics Attached

In the first pic is the location of the screw relative to the door.
    The second pic shows the screw itself.

thanks guys for that, just have to wait for the rain to stop now before trying those:D

• Advertisement

Pimp Ninja wrote: »
    Slightly easier possibility.

Where the bottom of the door meets the runner there is a screw. Tighten it to raise the door at that corner to realign it.

Happens on mine every so often.
    Pics to follow.

.. Pics Attached

In the first pic is the location of the screw relative to the door.
    The second pic shows the screw itself.

tried this morning and its worked a charm. thanks very much :D

Advertisement