Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lip piercing help?

Options
  • 10-05-2011 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

New here so not sure if this is the right place to post. Got my lip pierced about 7 weeks ago and changed to a ring after 4 weeks. It was all fine but about a week ago the inside of my lip started hurting and when I checked it I found around the piercing was very white and cut. any ideas what this is and/or how to heal it without taking out the piercing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

The same thing happened me with my lip piercing very recently and Ive had mine for ages, but with me it happened on the outside of my lip rather than the inside but I used a cream called fucidin on the outside and it was grand after a few days, but I dont think you can use that on the inside of your lip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Mine was kinda ripped a little bit aswell. I just put it down to biting the back of it and general messing about. It sorted itself out after a while

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭nyarlthotepful

Usually these kind of things clear up by themselves but perhaps you should gargle salt and water or use non alcoholic mouthwash to help the healing process along. I am speaking from experience here and if you do end up with a proper infection, it's best not to take the piercing out. You should wait for it to clear up. If your lip feels like it is burning then I'd say it's infected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

4 weeks is too early for a ring. Put the labret stud back in.

Advertisement