Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hitman Absolution

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭turnfan

As another poster said on Eurogamer:
    Hope IO take everything they learned from Kane and Lynch and throw it out the fúcking window.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Apparently it will run on a new engine developed by IO called Glacier 2.

A rather worrying quote from IO

" It will be familiar yet significantly different experience from other Hitman games " :eek:

If this goes the way of Socom in so far as being made to appeal to the masses i'll.............

Probably do nothing except be annoyed.

Albeit very annoyed.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

11.07.06? release date?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 alancuran

I realy liked first and second Hitman didn't play rest of the series but this one i will check for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

weiland79 wrote: »

If this goes the way of Socom in so far as being made to appeal to the masses i'll.............

Probably do nothing except be annoyed.

Albeit very annoyed.:mad:

:confused:

That already happened years ago when it came out on PS2.

I'm not really worried about that aspect at all. In fact I fully expect it to be a much deeper experience this time since there's yet to be a hitman that takes full advantage of the current gen of consoles.

• Advertisement

It's been so long since the last one it's just a name at this stage.

Would be like getting excited for Pro Evo based on the PS2 editions.... there's no guarantee they'll handle the switch, they have to start from scratch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

11.07.06? release date?

I saw that too but its way too early

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

No multiplayer please, 47 is a lone wolf!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mind you if it was done like assassins creed it would be ok .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Listened to a podcast there they'd a awesome idea.Imagine if you got to kill Kane & Lynch it wouldn't make up for the Shat games but it'd be pretty sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

hitman is my favorite series ever.

please dont **** this up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I hope Jesper Kyd comes back for it, he wrote a great score for all the games.

I hope Jesper Kyd comes back for it, he wrote a great score for all the games.

Damn straight, one of my fav game composers of all time. Hitman wouldn't be the same without him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Well, I guess now is as good a time as any to worry. From Kotaku:
    The latest game in the Hitman series, Absolution, is taking the series in a slightly different direction than longtime fans may be used to, as publishers Square Enix seek to tie the games in with the upcoming movie.

"We've designed a more stylized, more serious, and darker game this time around in both the story line and the visuals," game director Tore Blystad tells The Hollywood Reporter. "The hope is that the movie will be going in a similar direction, and then when they both come out they will speak the same language. They won't follow the old Hitman games, but rather go with this newer direction."

That movie is the second Hitman film, in production oblivious to the fact the first one sucked. On the bright side is the fact this new flick has all new characters and an all-new story, making a clean break from the first movie. It will, however, share the same "look and feel" of the new game, tying the two together.

Back to the game, it's going to star Keith Carradine (not the dead one and not the Revenge of the Nerds one, either) as Agent 47 and White Collar's Marsha Thomason as long-time "voice in the ear" Diana, while mo-cap work was done at Giant Studios, the same place James Cameron used for Avatar. Both actors provide both the voice and mo-cap work for their characters.

I'm trying to think of something optomistic to say but I'm coming up blank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Movie tie-in...

vader.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

This I don't get:
    "We've designed a more stylized, more serious, and darker game this time around in both the story line and the visuals,"

The Hitman games never balked from some pretty gritty and dark subjects & characters, what on earth is that guy talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Jesus Fricken Christ

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

The FUCK!? They changed hitmans voice? That is very bad news, very very bad news.

David Bateson ftw :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

They better not **** this up , im already hating the slump with videogames lately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

so its actually not going to be a hitman game, just a game based on the past hitman games.

balls

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The "gritty" reboot fetish has probably gone a step too far.

• Advertisement

First screenshots of this have popped up; nothing really to go on from them, but if nothing else, 47's still in his suit & tie!

http://www.eurogamer.net/gallery.php?game_id=8567&article_id=1366071

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Yes what a great idea

Lets take a fantastic and successful game series like Hitman and remove all the elements that made it good and re-release it.

Im betting they will do the same to thief 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Changing his voice is a massive mistake, thats like replacing Michael Ironside as Sam Fisher, dislike!

krudler wrote: »
    Changing his voice is a massive mistake, thats like replacing Michael Ironside as Sam Fisher, dislike!

Or David Hayter from MGS! Not cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

They've snatched my interest away already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

New voice? Sh1t

New gritty style? What the hell were all the previous murder simulators then?

New direction? Blood money was perfect, just do more of that please.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

I bet it will be a mixture of manhunt-esque stealth levels and levels with chest high cover/regenerating health combat.

If this new Hitman introduces regenerating health, I think i'll go bananas. Half the genius of Hitman is it's lack of health packs & generally fragile healh of 47.

Want more potentially depressing news? Eurogamer has a preview of the game & it's reading horribly action-oriented. More Splinter Cell:Conviction than Thief :(

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-06-07-hitman-absolution-preview-preview

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I think it's a bit too close to call from that article. It does hint at a more aciton orientated game, but it also hints at improvements to the originals, such as the graphics and animations (which, let's face it, were never particularly hot), more realistic AI, interactive environments etc.

I'm not going to write it off just yet. It may still save itself.

Advertisement