Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hitman Absolution

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Won't have a chance to play it til tomorrow evening but rather hyped now.
    gizmo wrote: »
    I'm more curious about what you've blanked out from that image. :pac:
    Disembodied genitalia.. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Question lads: so when you unlock upgrades for the weapons does that only apply them to the weapons in contracts mode or the main game?

Also, how come there are weapons I have used in the main game and now in white on the weapons list but cant be selected to add upgrades to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'm fairly sure the upgrades only apply to contracts. I'm not sure about the other issue though. Could it be that you weren't carrying them when you finished the level? Or maybe they just want you to unlock with the money you earn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Equium

What sort of difficulty level are people playing with? I started in Purist but it's bordering on the impossible. One of the levels, with a hotel, took me about 20 attempts to complete the 1st section! The guards seem very, very alert when it comes to anyone in disguise.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

It seems to be getting pretty poor reviews from a number of different sites and publications. I haven't played enough to give my own opinion yet but it does feel quite different to Blood Money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

On the hotel level. Getting nailed as soon as I exit the lift.

Defo seems like one to play thru first and experiment maybe trial and error and do subsequent playthroughs properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Equium wrote: »
    What sort of difficulty level are people playing with? I started in Purist but it's bordering on the impossible. One of the levels, with a hotel, took me about 20 attempts to complete the 1st section! The guards seem very, very alert when it comes to anyone in disguise.
    Apparently they've received a lot of complaints about the supernatural abilities of the enemy AI and will be patching it soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Picked this up for 22.99 on amazon in one of the deals. Was going to buy it anyways and its an absolute steal at that price. Very impressed with what Ive seen of it so far and looking forward to playing.

From what Ive read, its being judged for what its not rather for than what it is. Didnt play blood money but have seen my friend play it some years ago and I didnt particularly like the idea of the global locations. It actually seemed similar to Alpha Protocol like that and the locations was the only thing I disliked about that game. I also have a habit of loving rubbish games though, Two Worlds is complete with only 3 achievements (80 GS) left to discover every location.

Has anyone gone towards the end of the game? All Ive heard is about stuff from the early game and wonder what its like later on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

The further I go in this game the more it feels like a splinter cell game instead of Hitman :(

It's not won me over fully but ill reserve judgment until I finish it and get another playthrough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Playing on PC; she's quiet the heavy game engine.

Max res and ultra options - benchmark gave me min 1fps, avg 2fps :(

Dropping down to 1080p and I get playable fps, but the china market level I was defo getting some low fps with the amount of people on screen. Thnik I have SSBO (isit?) turned off and AA down to 8x

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

kaimera wrote: »
    Playing on PC; she's quiet the heavy game engine.

Max res and ultra options - benchmark gave me min 1fps, avg 2fps :(

Dropping down to 1080p and I get playable fps, but the china market level I was defo getting some low fps with the amount of people on screen. Thnik I have SSBO (isit?) turned off and AA down to 8x

The first thing I would be dropping is MSAA back to around x2. Easing back on the shadow quality might help in crowded areas as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Just started playing. What's with the low quality prerendered video?
    It removes any immersion the game might have :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

on the third mission at the hotel, playing on hard.. points system is ruining game for me.. I try not to kill anyone and just knock them out.. you seem to get more points for not doing anything and lurking in the shadows, I thought thats what splinter cell and metal gear solid was for.. totally underwhelmed so far.. roll on friday and far cry 3.. hitman and assassins creed 3 have been BIG LETDOWNS for me..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    on the third mission at the hotel, playing on hard.. points system is ruining game for me.. I try not to kill anyone and just knock them out.. you seem to get more points for not doing anything and lurking in the shadows, I thought thats what splinter cell and metal gear solid was for.. totally underwhelmed so far.. roll on friday and far cry 3.. hitman and assassins creed 3 have been BIG LETDOWNS for me..

It's the same system as in all the other Hitmans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Stev_o wrote: »
    It's the same system as in all the other Hitmans.

maybe Im more a man of action then.. very frustrating game for me, it's very trial and error, love the whole idea of a hitman game but this does'nt seem to be for me..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

humanji wrote: »
    I'm not sure you can. At least I haven't seen any NPC's even walk near them. It might be there for the contracts missions. Or I might just be really unlucky and the NPC's in my game are smarter than me (a real possibility)

You can knock out the piano cover arm. I just don't know how to convert that into something fatal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Spear wrote: »
    You can knock out the piano cover arm. I just don't know how to convert that into something fatal.
    one guard starts to play the hitman theme and finds the piano is out of tune. He leans in to try tune the keys and if you shoot or knock the arm the lid drops and kills him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    maybe Im more a man of action then.. very frustrating game for me, it's very trial and error, love the whole idea of a hitman game but this does'nt seem to be for me..

Most of the Hitman games were trial and error, Blood Money was just the most accessible in terms of contracts. Hell to this day completing the first mission in SA or Contracts without being spotted is pretty damn hard for new comers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Equium

Damn, this happened to me earlier. I would recommend that all console users make a backup of their save file to avoid losing their progress. Hopefully I can find the will to start again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Equium wrote: »
    Damn, this happened to me earlier. I would recommend that all console users make a backup of their save file to avoid losing their progress. Hopefully I can find the will to start again.

Those are the worst kind of bugs :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Have to say im liking it, getting all the contract points and doing all the extras is gonna make this gaming experience great.

I still wish Far Cry was out this week but you cant have everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

Have to say im liking it, getting all the contract points and doing all the extras is gonna make this gaming experience great.

I still wish Far Cry was out this week but you cant have everything.

Far Cry is the reason I didnt buy hitman , I've played all the hitman games and loved them put punt hundreds of hours in to them and then when I found out you can't play contracts mode on the xbox with out being connected to live I just gave up , It'll be a bargin bin buy for me :(

But still far cry is meant to have a very good stealth based system in it according to reviews so I may just play a sneaky homage to 47 :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Bah Far Cry 3 will be nice to play christmas night. Played about 5hr's so far plays a bit like Hitman x Max Payne 3 x Batman. I find its far too easy to find yourself in a shootout but I am enjoying it despite its faults. Still got to play Blood Money too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Broken broken broken sums up this game for me :mad:

Ok I'll qualify that, playing on hard there are 2 harder options and 2 lower , maybe someone who is playing on non pro can let me know if there is a difference? But even on hard with 2 more difficult settings, disguises just don't bloody work any more, you are as easily spotted with as without even when using instinct,

my issue is you expect some level of consistency in this but for example in the mansion during the prologue I was disguised for periods and thought ok that's how far I can push it if I meet someone with the same outfit, fast forward to later in the library whit the cops and sticks head out ...."hey your not one of us"

every fibre of this game seems to be about making you get discovered and to panic and use that multi kill bullet time ability they showed off at the start to progress....... I'm all for progress and change with a series but I draw the line when the mechanic is out to screw me at every turn .

/ sorry this a post 2 hour run at it rant and being constantly screwed at every turn so I'm a little fed up :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Have to agree with the above - disguises are just almost pointless in the game which is a real pity as it was such a major part in the other games in the series and part of why I loved it.

Now it's almost as easy if not easier to just go round in your suit as if your wearing the suit. Guards seem to find it almost harder to find when your wearing a suit as they don't start thinking immediately "hey your not one of us." It's just easier to stealth it out 100% as disguises are so poorly implemented. Like in fairness why would you possibly switch to a kitchen chef suit when the second you walk inside you have to start hiding and sneaking around in case another chef sees you and alerts everyone. It's just as easy to stay in the suit and continue to sneak around as you can't let yourself be see whatsoever anyways (yes I know you can use the instinct but you have so little of it even when the bar is full)

I'm still enjoying the game all the same but it's just a pity you don't really have the challenge of finding disguises to help you find another way to accomplish your missions. It's either stealth it to almost Silent Assassin ratings everytime or gun it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

and then when I found out you can't play contracts mode on the xbox with out being connected to live I just gave up , It'll be a bargin bin buy for me :(

How else would this work though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Dreddybajs wrote: »

There could be a couple of offline ones made available - ie more than the tutorial

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

to the people crying about the disguises,relax its being looked at:
    http://www.incgamers.com/2012/11/io-interactive-looking-at-patch-for-hitman-absolutions-disguise-system/

with the way the system is at the mo, it may be a tad unfair the field of vision the AI can cop on to who you are from but its still possible to use them,just not walk about freely as we'd like.
    make sure you check the "rules" to each disguises also

personally im more annoyed at the odd(bugged?) silent assassin system,seems to make no sense atm,
    complete level unseen,in suit,kill only target but no SA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

Dreddybajs wrote: »

Original hitman style , pick any weapon out of the list and do the mission with out any quick time events ect
    And you get to brink your freaking briefcase :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Still haven't received this from the hut but I think i'll wait for the patch anyway judging by the criticisms.

Still looking forward to it though.

Advertisement