Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hitman Absolution

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I just had a cop see through my disguise ....... through a solid wall when I picked up a bottle from a corner of the room I was in , he was patrolling out side of it :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

calex71 wrote: »
    Broken broken broken sums up this game for me :mad:

Ok I'll qualify that, playing on hard there are 2 harder options and 2 lower , maybe someone who is playing on non pro can let me know if there is a difference? But even on hard with 2 more difficult settings, disguises just don't bloody work any more, you are as easily spotted with as without even when using instinct,

my issue is you expect some level of consistency in this but for example in the mansion during the prologue I was disguised for periods and thought ok that's how far I can push it if I meet someone with the same outfit, fast forward to later in the library whit the cops and sticks head out ...."hey your not one of us"

every fibre of this game seems to be about making you get discovered and to panic and use that multi kill bullet time ability they showed off at the start to progress....... I'm all for progress and change with a series but I draw the line when the mechanic is out to screw me at every turn .

/ sorry this a post 2 hour run at it rant and being constantly screwed at every turn so I'm a little fed up :D

My understanding of it is this:
    • Cop disguise: cops see through it
    • Worker disguise (chef, janitor etc): the chefs and janitors (etc) will see through it.
    • Bad guy disguise A: bad guys of type A will see through it.

I tried to play it in Purist mode and I got to the 4th or 5th mission and it's just painful. I want expert mode but with no hud. I dont want that stupid instinct feature either, it's so annoying!

Dermighty wrote: »
    My understanding of it is this:
    • Cop disguise: cops see through it
    • Worker disguise (chef, janitor etc): the chefs and janitors (etc) will see through it.
    • Bad guy disguise A: bad guys of type A will see through it.

I tried to play it in Purist mode and I got to the 4th or 5th mission and it's just painful. I want expert mode but with no hud. I dont want that stupid instinct feature either, it's so annoying!

Yes thats how it should work, the issue is that you should have time to walk away with your head down by pressing instinct but it rarely if ever works and my example in the later post of having my disguise blown through a solid wall is. That and the fact they seem to talk a little less interest if they spot you in your suit :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Man that Gun Shop level felt so out of place. Did notice someone familiar in a vest at the shooting range though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

GTR63 wrote: »
    Man that Gun Shop level felt so out of place. Did notice someone familiar in a vest at the shooting range though.

You know you don't have to do the shooting challenge right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

i am enjoying the game.

the disguises are a bit lacking although not as much as some people make out. i remember playing some of the older games and being spotted for no reason!
    It does feel a bit like splinter cell and the way missions are broken up does ruin the flow of the game. I would much rather 8 long levels with many varieties of kill techniques. I think they concentrated too much on the story, but hitman never had great story lines.
    Wish you could chose your weapons before a mission also. And i don't like how we see Dianna

It is good to have it back though. I was afraid they'd screw the game up like Kane and Lynch. The story is alright and it can be very challenging like the old games. I think i am happy to overlook the bad in the game because it is fun and i really missed this game.
    The new scoring system is cool. i like how you can compare scores with your friends, your countries average, the world average and the world high scores. This game has plenty of replay value. great value for money(40 euro in HMV)
    haven't finished yet but i give it 7.5 so far. although i did get that bug that wiped my save data! but it was only about 3 hours worth of gameplay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Stev_o wrote: »
    You know you don't have to do the shooting challenge right?

Yeah but I did the challenge the first time passed it handily and was shocked I got handed the guns and could walk out the door....felt so weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

GTR63 wrote: »
    Yeah but I did the challenge the first time passed it handily and was shocked I got handed the guns and could walk out the door....felt so weird.
    I think it's basically just creating a new map for the Contracts mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

Glad i didnt buy this game on day one. Ill wait until it drops in price. so their gonna fix the game with a patch after everyone has completed it, why release a game onto the market if its not finished! Did they not bother their ass test for bugs and glitchea pre release?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Nodferatu wrote: »
    Glad i didnt buy this game on day one. Ill wait until it drops in price. so their gonna fix the game with a patch after everyone has completed it, why release a game onto the market if its not finished! Did they not bother their ass test for bugs and glitchea pre release?
    It is finished, they just didn't think people would have as big an issue with the AI as we do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Because modern video games.

For all my giving out about disguises the
    corn field section dressed as a scarecrow
    is just pure win!!!!!!!!!!!!

That whole section where you take out the
    hot nuns
    is the best part of the game so far if every section was this fun it would be game of the year, other stand out sections for me up to this point would be
    taking out lenny and his crew in hope and the bar room brawl before it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Equium

For all my giving out about disguises the
    corn field section dressed as a scarecrow
    is just pure win!!!!!!!!!!!!

That whole section where you take out the
    hot nuns
    is the best part of the game so far if every section was this fun it would be game of the year, other stand out sections for me up to this point would be
    taking out lenny and his crew in hope and the bar room brawl before it

That
    corn field
    level is amazing! I also really liked the one
    at the train station
    , as well as
    everything based in Chinatown
    . Some of the ones in between are a bit cringe-worthy though. Pretty much everything associated with
    the factory
    , actually. Didn't feel like Hitman at all.

Equium wrote: »
    That
    corn field
    level is amazing! I also really liked the one
    at the train station
    , as well as
    everything based in Chinatown
    . Some of the ones in between are a bit cringe-worthy though. Pretty much everything associated with
    the factory
    , actually. Didn't feel like Hitman at all.

What did feel like vintage Hitman was level 18 stop here if you havent played it yet:
    If you get one of her goonsquads uniforms after you exit the lift to enter the penthouse you can walk the level at will without being detected, my personal favorite was the harpoon :D, it's been the only level in the game where I explored every possible kill method, there were 6 in total

Infact i would say the last 5 levels are the best in the game, certainly getting the
    judges
    disguise and
    dismissing the case
    was brilliant :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Equium

What did feel like vintage Hitman was level 18 stop here if you havent played it yet:
    If you get one of her goonsquads uniforms after you exit the lift to enter the penthouse you can walk the level at will without being detected, my personal favorite was the harpoon :D, it's been the only level in the game where I explored every possible kill method, there were 6 in total

Infact i would say the last 5 levels are the best in the game, certainly getting the
    judges
    disguise and
    dismissing the case
    was brilliant :D

I haven't got that far yet, but find it hard to resist reading spoilers. I'm looking forward to it now! Glad to hear that the game ends as well as it started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Just cleared it tonight on hard, that was one difficult few days! Well worth it though. Gonna go for a second play through on normal and clear off some challenges I missed although in saying that I did get silent assassin on a fair few levels.

Contracts mode is a great idea. I like the way it gives a dossier on the targets too. Looking forward to any DLC seeing as it cant be the usual muck of tacked on multiplayer map packs seeing as the contracts mode itself is all created and based on the single player game so any DLC would have to be single player campaign missions and THAT would then be used by players and IO to create more contract hits.

hightower1 wrote: »
    Just cleared it tonight on hard, that was one difficult few days! Well worth it though. Gonna go for a second play through on normal and clear off some challenges I missed although in saying that I did get silent assassin on a fair few levels.

Contracts mode is a great idea. I like the way it gives a dossier on the targets too. Looking forward to any DLC seeing as it cant be the usual muck of tacked on multiplayer map packs seeing as the contracts mode itself is all created and based on the single player game so any DLC would have to be single player campaign missions and THAT would then be used by players and IO to create more contract hits.

Just this minute finished it, have to say it's one of a few games not to have let me down in terms on an ending recently.

I don't often say this but it could have done with being shorter maybe :confused::confused: I don't know the game literally sprang to life and became a hitman game in the last 5 missions . Also played on hard and it was rough in places to say the least.Found though that there were AAA rated disguises in the final few missions that I'd have had a hard time finishing the game without, just wish the first 15 missions works that way, to be fair to the game I enjoyed the last 1/4 of it so much it raised it's rating 10 fold for me.

Got the achievement for 100 challenges at the same time I got the one for finishing the game which really pleased me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Prob mentioned already but still laugh to myself at the start (training level with the guard
    "Your kidding , its not prostate cancer , woooo" *Gets pulled out of window* :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Clutchfluid

Hey, I have a few contracts done up on the Xbox. I only have one friend who has the game also, it's hard to get people to tear themselves away from Black Ops and other fps ****e, so it would be nice to add some more people to the contract competitions. Although the world can try the contracts you can only invite friends to compete with yourself. Let me know if anyone is interested or just send a friend request on Xbox live. My username is: clutchfluid

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Clutchfluid

Ha ha, games developers never make sure their products are glitch free. They're in such a rush to get them on shelves, especially this time of year.
    Easier to release an update or a patch when people start complaining. Lionhead Studios who make Fable and Electronic Arts are two particularly notorious examples.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Ha ha, games developers never make sure their products are glitch free. They're in such a rush to get them on shelves, especially this time of year.
    Easier to release an update or a patch when people start complaining. Lionhead Studios who make Fable and Electronic Arts are two particularly notorious examples.

And what's worse, gamers have now come to accept this as normal practice.

I saw someone post on the ACIII thread that the people complaining about bugs should relax because a patch was coming in a week's time (four weeks after release).

It's getting ridiculous at this stage. Almost every game seems to have a patch required within a few weeks of launch...

*grumble grumble wouldn't happen in the days of cartridges grumble grumble grumble*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

Hitman 6 is already in the works, apparently. They're following the CoD strategy. Two teams working on different games at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

snausages wrote: »
    Hitman 6 is already in the works, apparently. They're following the CoD strategy. Two teams working on different games at the same time.

Well hopefully the put the good team on Hitman 6 and bring back the original style of game aka blood money and Hitman : Contracts , wish I could play contracts again , that game was just perfect , the Abattoir mission and the Country Estate one were amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    And what's worse, gamers have now come to accept this as normal practice.

I saw someone post on the ACIII thread that the people complaining about bugs should relax because a patch was coming in a week's time (four weeks after release).

It's getting ridiculous at this stage. Almost every game seems to have a patch required within a few weeks of launch...

*grumble grumble wouldn't happen in the days of cartridges grumble grumble grumble*

It's a fact of life with working with software, sorry but deal with it. It is impossible to guarantee that a piece of software won't contain a single bug in it. Your other choice is seeing longer development cycles and a more expensive game on release.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Stev_o wrote: »
    It's a fact of life with working with software, sorry but deal with it. It is impossible to guarantee that a piece of software won't contain a single bug in it. Your other choice is seeing longer development cycles and a more expensive game on release.

It's a bit of a joke to say deal with it. This is a product you have bought and you should expect it to be as reliable as possible.

It's fair enough that there will be bugs in games but they should be down to an absolute minimum and any game critical bugs (from what I hear in Hitman, respawned enemies after a checkpoint!) should be fixed before release.

I would have no issue with longer development cycles but I don't see why it would make games more expensive as the RRP is set and we should expect a fully functioning game.

As a person with testing credentials, I'm probably a bit biased and the dev's most be under severe pressure but these constant day 1 patches and fixes are getting ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Actually had to drop it down to Normal difficulty.

The train section near the start, I kept getting nailed trying to reach the platform on Hard :(

So playing my way thru on normal; defo one I'd come back to and reply on a higher level tho.

Pity about the length of some levels; as been said, would be better to have made them all one level. Hardly a hw restriction like (on pc anyway)

I am enjoying it; one or two sections reminded me of good times in blood money but they aren't very frequent sadly :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Only getting around to starting now, and the game keeps glitching whenever I try to put on the first disguise. I've only managed to get as far as the second area in the prologue. Verifying the cache hasn't helped at all, drivers are up to date. Any ideas? :(

Started playing on normal tonight after finishing on hard yesterday, its like a whole other game! Far too easy and doesnt feel like a proper punishing hitman game.

In regards to games day 1 patches or later - its the real mark of sloppy development processes and very poor QA. Funny how some Wii games were very big but yet managed to NOT have day one patches simply because it wasnt possible. Yeah games are getting bigger but so are game prices yet devs are getting MORE sloppy. Welcome to consoles with web connectivity.... a world of tacked on multiplayer, buggy games being released, always on DRM, social media integration pestering and gouge your pocket vastly overpriced DLC. Superb. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

In regards to games day 1 patches or later - its the real mark of sloppy development processes and very poor QA. Funny how some Wii games were very big but yet managed to NOT have day one patches simply because it wasnt possible.
    Read over that again to yourself and think about it hard.

Now, does it still make sense?
    Yeah games are getting bigger but so are game prices yet devs are getting MORE sloppy. Welcome to consoles with web connectivity.... a world of tacked on multiplayer, buggy games being released, always on DRM, social media integration pestering and gouge your pocket vastly overpriced DLC. Superb. :rolleyes:
    Since when have game prices gotten more expensive? It's been brought up umpteen times recently and each time shown to be utterly false. Adjusting for inflation games are relatively cheaper than previously generations. The only thing that has offset the spiralling development costs, however, has been the growing market for them but since there's only so many games people can buy, that's been shown to simply not been enough.

Buy hey, given that people keep rushing out to buy the games featuring these awful components one can only assume that as devs get more sloppy, gamers are getting more stupid, right?

See, aren't gross generalisations fun!

• Advertisement

gizmo wrote: »
    Read over that again to yourself and think about it hard.

Now, does it still make sense?

Since when have game prices gotten more expensive? It's been brought up umpteen times recently and each time shown to be utterly false. Adjusting for inflation games are relatively cheaper than previously generations. The only thing that has offset the spiralling development costs, however, has been the growing market for them but since there's only so many games people can buy, that's been shown to simply not been enough.

Buy hey, given that people keep rushing out to buy the games featuring these awful components one can only assume that as devs get more sloppy, gamers are getting more stupid, right?

See, aren't gross generalisations fun!

Boards has enough handbag fights already so Ill walk away from this one for the sake of the thread, sorry for whatever about my post offended you personally to warrant that particular tone.

So, liking contracts so far, just dont like the agency weapons style though. The AR looks like the love child of an ACR and g36. Why in the name of god though did the art design decide to go with yellow as a theme for the agency? Possibly the least covert colour imaginable. Ah well, minor gripes I guess.

Nice to hear 6 is in the works and hitman fans wont have to wait another 5 years hopefully.

Advertisement