Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hitman Absolution

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

hightower1 wrote: »
    Boards has enough handbag fights already so Ill walk away from this one for the sake of the thread, sorry for whatever about my post offended you personally to warrant that particular tone.

So, liking contracts so far, just dont like the agency weapons style though. The AR looks like the love child of an ACR and g36. Why in the name of god though did the art design decide to go with yellow as a theme for the agency? Possibly the least covert colour imaginable. Ah well, minor gripes I guess.

Nice to hear 6 is in the works and hitman fans wont have to wait another 5 years hopefully.
    I wasn't offended in the slightest, it was the possibility of another thread being derailed by another logically and factually inaccurate rant that provoked the reply. Back on topic so!

With regard to Hitman 6, I'd be interested to see what people think about dev duties being handed off to Eidos Montreal. I've seen most publications draw parallels with the Call of Duty series with IW and Treyarch however I can't say such a comparison leaves me with any enthusiasm for the idea.

On the other hand, with IO evidently veering away from the roots of the series so much, I guess there's little to lose, especially when it's going to the studio responsible for Deus Ex: HR and (hopefully) Thief 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

I've looked at reviews but just wondering what the general consensus is on hitman here? Buy, rent or pass?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    I've looked at reviews but just wondering what the general consensus is on hitman here? Buy, rent or pass?

Great game definitely a buy or a rent. I bought it cause I love the franchise and know I'll play through the game at least another 2 times and probably have a few go's at different missions to get achievements/perform different style hits.So ,I'll get my moneys worth out of it.
    If its your first hitman game, probably better to rent it to test the waters.Or if you think you'll just do one playthrough ,I'd just rent it, you'll probably have it completed in a few days on normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Stuck this on this afternoon, for the first time. 8th, or joint first on the Chinatown leader boards... On PS3... In Ireland. Ha.

Yeah, I'm not doing that for every level.

Ugh. Seven hours of running from Police.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Had the choice of buying this or Dishonored today...went for Dishonored in the end after much deliberation...not sure if I made the right choice! We shall see soon enough :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭bluestripe93

Just finished it now and I liked it, I'll play it again on a harder difficulty to see what its like then,
    The Hitman HD collection is out soon too so that should be good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Looks like we'll be getting a HD collection on Feb 1 2013

It will have , Silent Assassin, Contracts and Blood Money.

I'll post the details later as boards seems to be acting the money at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Looking forward to it, I have Blood Money but haven't played Silent Assassin or Contracts in ages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Would love a HD version of BM...

Would also be nice to play Contracts again, and play SA for the first time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

If you want BM HD then there's the 360 version, surely? Only you need to play it with component cables due to refresh rate issues, or so I've heard.

1 achivement away from 1000 GS on BM, should really go back and get it

snausages wrote: »
    If you want BM HD then there's the 360 version, surely? Only you need to play it with component cables due to refresh rate issues, or so I've heard.

Yeah, but I have a PS2 copy, so there's no real incentive to buy a 360 version. But a chance to play SA and Contracts would make it a good purchase.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

Hey guys was thinking of getting this for someone this xmas, anyone know where ill get it for a reasonable price? I find HMV usually quite good, what would u expect to pay? Cheers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

leonidas83 wrote: »
    Hey guys was thinking of getting this for someone this xmas, anyone know where ill get it for a reasonable price? I find HMV usually quite good, what would u expect to pay? Cheers

20pound on game.co.uk
    about 25yoyos

including delievery it be 29e which is cheaper
    but odds are it wont get to you before xmas

but so far i find hmv the cheapest in store
    smyths might do a deal
    and id say gamestop will bring it down to 30 after xmas for the deals that do be on

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

saiint wrote: »
    20pound on game.co.uk
    about 25yoyos

including delievery it be 29e which is cheaper
    but odds are it wont get to you before xmas

but so far i find hmv the cheapest in store
    smyths might do a deal
    and id say gamestop will bring it down to 30 after xmas for the deals that do be on

Sound, how much do you reckon it would cost in HMV so then? about 40e ya?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 280 ✭✭Yousef

Wasn't impressed with this game at all I have to say.

I loved the old Hitmans. I used to replay the missions over and over and over. But something was lacking for me in this new one. Something just didn't feel "right", you know. I also felt the game was far too linear. I am disappointed because as I said I was really looking for ward to this but I have to say there are far better games out there this year. If I had to rate it, I'd give it a 7.5

Yousef wrote: »

I loved the old Hitmans. I used to replay the missions over and over and over. But something was lacking for me in this new one. Something just didn't feel "right", you know. I also felt the game was far too linear. I am disappointed because as I said I was really looking for ward to this but I have to say there are far better games out there this year. If I had to rate it, I'd give it a 7.5

Another case of a score not reflecting the text. :P

Picked this up yesterday, gonna hold off on it for a while and play it closer to Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

I have to say I am fairly enjoying this game, as there is plenty of replay value to it. Definitely worth the rent or buying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Seen it today for 33 in hmv galway too.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

i think its 32e less then 40 anyway
    in cex its 42
    but dont dare go near gamestop :pac: robbin bastardssss

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Another case of a score not reflecting the text. :P

Picked this up yesterday, gonna hold off on it for a while and play it closer to Christmas.
    i can see his point. this game is nowhere near as bad as some people make out. i sort of enjoyed the game. but it wasn't a real hitman game. which sucked.
    as a game as a whole id give it 7 or 7.5. but as a hitman game id give it a 6 at best. they could have just made a hitman game the same as blood money but with different levels. the only improvements needed would have been adding new ways to kill and hide.
    instead they changed the gameplay and even worse, they made levels more linear and cut up into segments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

ditto, i miss the map also

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Massive fan of the old hitmans too, sad to read that it feels more linear than previous games. Still looking forward to playing it tho and it probably still wont disappoint.

Yeah i miss the old map so much

After doing
    Chinatown and hiding from cops for ages, you do a short nightclub hit, then more running from cops. Then where do you end back up? The Chinatown map
    . Very, very lazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Grayditch wrote: »
    After doing
    Chinatown and hiding from cops for ages, you do a short nightclub hit, then more running from cops. Then where do you end back up? The Chinatown map
    . Very, very lazy.

I think that is unfair to say that especially since you haven't finished the game. There are are other huge areas within the game with plenty of variety.

That's still lazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

I have to say I played it for three hours yesterday for the first time and really enjoyed it, played the Chinese market four times as I wanted to try and get all the different types of kills. I really like this actually, wasn't a big fan of the series but will go back on the others after I'm done. Don't find it linear at all as there are so many different ways around each level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I picked this up for Christmas. I have to say, I've really, really enjoyed this so far. Only about 1/5 of the way through it so far.

I've ended up playing some of the level's a few times to try and beat people's score, get more than the Irish average, etc.

Advertisement