Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hitman Absolution

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Right I decided to wait a while before playing this due to the bugs I had heard about.

I've only gone past the prologue but I already know I'm going to get annoyed. How haven't they patched the respawning enemies when you restart at a checkpoint!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I'm really enjoying it as well.. It's my most played game this Christmas.
    Just finished the courtroom level

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

There's one thing really destroying my enjoyment of this game and it's the disguises. If I'm dressed as a police officer, what logic does or sense does make that every single other cop in the level knows I'm not one of them? Surely it would make more sense for them to be suspicious of janitors etc walking around a restricted area rather than one of their own?

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

DarkJager wrote: »
    There's one thing really destroying my enjoyment of this game and it's the disguises. If I'm dressed as a police officer, what logic does or sense does make that every single other cop in the level knows I'm not one of them? Surely it would make more sense for them to be suspicious of janitors etc walking around a restricted area rather than one of their own?

Yeah, i hear ya.. on the chinatown level (or whatever it is), after getting a cop disguise, it seemed like i drew more attention from other cops then when i roamed the level with the default clothes you start with.

But thats what the instinct ability is for i guess, while disguised AND in instinct, your pretty much untouchable..

And i was watching a review of this on the tv show Playr afew days ago, and on the intro level as they played the garden section, i noticed when they put on the gardener disguise, they weren't noticed AT ALL walking past right onfront of the guards without instinct... im guessing they were playing it on easy mode maybe, but it doesnt work like that on "normal" anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

And i was watching a review of this on the tv show Playr afew days ago, and on the intro level as they played the garden section, i noticed when they put on the gardener disguise, they weren't noticed AT ALL walking past right onfront of the guards without instinct... im guessing they were playing it on easy mode maybe, but it doesnt work like that on "normal" anyway.

That's how it works all the time. The logic goes that all gardeners know each other so they can spot if someone is not really them, same for cops etc. But the body guards don't know all the gardeners so you can get past them no problem assuming a gardener is supposed to be in that area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

have they released any updates for this?

That's how it works all the time. The logic goes that all gardeners know each other so they can spot if someone is not really them, same for cops etc. But the body guards don't know all the gardeners so you can get past them no problem assuming a gardener is supposed to be in that area.

hmm, that makes sense.. good to know!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

One thing I miss about the old games is the ability to bring whatever weapons you like. I hate having to make do with whatever wholly unsuitable weapons you're kitted out with at the start of a level.

Sweet Jesus that train station level was an absolute pain, possibly one of the most frustrating levels i've ever played in a game.

Hiding in the crowd was so hit and miss and really it's just plain stupid. Making it more difficult by having to go to platform B.

I don't know if it's cause I played it on hard but I was caught so many times in a crowd and the part where you come down the stairs for platform B.. a pain.

Anyway, at least I got near max points with 27000.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ugglasdav

yea the train station level is hard, like other people are saying, wearing the police uniform really makes no difference, this makes that level even harder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Picked this up a few days ago and I wish I didn't.

Enemies re-spawning after you reload from a checkpoint is just a total pain in the ass. Won't be touching it again until there's a patch/mod to fix it.

Also, where the flipping flip is my map?

This isn't Hitman.

To be fair it has improved since the train station mission but the biggest issue I have with it is that it's very linear. There seems to always be a best option as opposed to a few options.

I think another problem is the point system... I can't really explain it properly but it just has flaws.

One example is knocking someone out and putting hiding them will bring the - points back to 0. So this effectively has no effect on the score when really it should probably still have a minus effect since you are leaving a trace

I haven't put much thought into it but I think it could have been implemented a lot better.

Anyway I hope it gets better..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Shooting competition with a scantily clad girl
    . I'm sure there's other ways to do the mission than degrading yourself as a Hitman ;)

KonFusion wrote: »
    Picked this up a few days ago and I wish I didn't.

Enemies re-spawning after you reload from a checkpoint is just a total pain in the ass. Won't be touching it again until there's a patch/mod to fix it.

Also, where the flipping flip is my map?

This isn't Hitman.

Yeah, im loving the game, but that thing with the enemies respawning is like a bad joke..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭fanki na pengin

Grayditch wrote: »
    Shooting competition with a scantily clad girl
    . I'm sure there's other ways to do the mission than degrading yourself as a Hitman ;)

Yeah, shoot everyone. :pac:

Have to say I have seriously come around to this game. After initially hating it, moving on to thinking it was average, I now firmly think it's very good. It really picks up after the train station and while it can still be linear in places, there is usually a lot of choice in how to kill someone.

Only 2 missions left now, my score is 2,940,000 so far. Love how the Ireland average is always better than the world average :D

So the only massive complaint is still that enemies respawn after checkpoints. They need to patch that. Fortunately, you don't generally do a lot of back tracking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

tok9 wrote: »
    Have to say I have seriously come around to this game. After initially hating it, moving on to thinking it was average, I now firmly think it's very good. It really picks up after the train station and while it can still be linear in places, there is usually a lot of choice in how to kill someone.

Only 2 missions left now, my score is 2,940,000 so far. Love how the Ireland average is always better than the world average :D

So the only massive complaint is still that enemies respawn after checkpoints. They need to patch that. Fortunately, you don't generally do a lot of back tracking.
    just wait until i get the game
    that average will drop right down ;):pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Really enjoying this, but Ive a shameful confession to make. I've been playing on the easiest difficulty and running around killing people like a badass. I sneak around a bit but I love killing the bad guys :( I've even taken to hoping in and out of windows to shoot people inside. The massive amounts of NPCs is amazing and really makes the game feel like its living. Only about 3/4 missions in yet.

I will play it mission by mission on the higher settings once Im done :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

This worth a punt at 32€? Loved Blood Money!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I've definitely done some serious damage to that average. Most missions after a few failed attempts at being stealthy I just kill everyone all guns blazing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

marko93 wrote: »

Nah,

It's nowhere near as good as Blood money for pure fun.

It looks great and it's polished but its very disappointing as far as I'm concerned.

I'd actually disagree with the above post to an extent.

Blood money is definitely a better game but after a poor start I think Absolution is very good.

Also Amazon

Sure there are better game (e.g Far cry) but if you can afford it, it's worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

tok9 wrote: »
    I'd actually disagree with the above post to an extent.

Blood money is definitely a better game but after a poor start I think Absolution is very good.

Also Amazon

Sure there are better game (e.g Far cry) but if you can afford it, it's worth it.

With delivery added to it, that's making it 32€! If delivery was free, it's 23. Which in that case I'd snap up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

There is a HD Collection of Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, Hitman 3: Contracts and Hitman: Blood Money coming out in a months time too.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-12-13-hitman-hd-collection-release-date-finally-set-for-february

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

This is on STEAM sale now, better than what it was during the Xmas sale.
    66% off, so its 16.99, is it worth buying ?

Forget the other hitmans, I don't need " blood money etc was better" , if you take the game on its own merits, did you enjoy it and is it worth getting ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

for 17 quid? YES

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Just remembered the HD collection is out on Friday, niiiice

• Registered Users Posts: 30 alienacademy

what is the minimum requirement for pc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

According to STEAM page

System Requirements
    Minimum:
    Processor: True dual core CPU (Intel, AMD)
    Memory: 2 GB RAM
    Video Card: NV8600 512 Mb RAM, or AMD equivalent
    DirectX®: 10

Recommended:
    Processor: Intel Core i7 or AMD Athlon II X4
    Memory: 4 GB RAM
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 or ATI Radeon HD 5770
    DirectX®: 11

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Anyone buy the HD Collection today ?

Advertisement