Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hitman Absolution

191011121315»

Comments

Anyone buy the HD Collection today ?
    Picked it up yesterday. I've only played a few missions so far but I was impressed with silent assassin. It's aged better than I thought it would. The AI is still frustrating at times though but at least your disguises work more often than not unlike absolution.
    I only had a quick look at contracts and blood money as I want to play through them in order but they looked pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Picked it up yesterday. I've only played a few missions so far but I was impressed with silent assassin. It's aged better than I thought it would. The AI is still frustrating at times though but at least your disguises work more often than not unlike absolution.
    I only had a quick look at contracts and blood money as I want to play through them in order but they looked pretty good.

I got absolutely schooled from what I played of it, SA that is, but unlike absolution everytime something went wrong it was 100% my own fault.

Did they take out the cheats???? Not that I want to cheat in the game itself but they were fun to mess about with pinning bad guys to the walls etc :D

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Rastadoyle

Whats the best gun to use in the shooting range. need to get 674 points to get assassins signature challenge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

880 ms pts if you buy on a Hungarian gamertag. Whatever about the game's shortcomings compared with previous Hitmans it's difficult to argue with that price.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Htman Absolution was patched a while back and the disguises system was tweaked.

As far as I can tell this is how disguises work.

Disguises do not fool enemys of the same type as the disguise (i.e police disguise does not fool police) unless you use instinct. On higher difficulty instinct is extremely limited.

Instinct does not work if the enemy is already suspicious of you.

The patch tweaked the game so enemys at distance do no detect you as quickly. In this scenario try to break line of sight quickly, but don't run as they instantly detect you then. Having your back to them should slow the detection rate.

On levels with large crowds you can hide in groups of people, just get in among them and turn your back to the enemy who is trying to detect you.

You can use enivormental objects to hide in plain sight. Like the janitor mop when disguised as the janitor etc.

The system is not bad now since its patched and when you fully understand how it works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

My game file corrupted at Blackwater Park.

Nice one.

I could send you my save if you want, not sure how the game handles save game transfers, but if it works I can send it. On PC that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Just a heads up, this is €20 in the Xbox Live Spring Sale. It was €30, which I thought was a pretty good deal! I reckon I'll download it this week and save it for the summer drought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Azza wrote: »
    I could send you my save if you want, not sure how the game handles save game transfers, but if it works I can send it. On PC that is.

I'm on PS3, but thanks all the same, man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,652 ✭✭✭Glebee

Picked this up on steam recently for €8 but had Bioshock infinte to complete before getting around to this. Am about half way through and am really very impressed with it. Cant remember really liking previous Hitman games but loving this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Rastadoyle

having problems with the suit only challenge in attack of the saints, reception part. ive past this level numerous times in a suit but its not saying ive completed it. help please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

finally have gotten around to playing this and few missions in.

So far i am really enjoying it but i must agree this does not really feel like a hitman game.

my biggest complaint is the replacement of the map for the instinct mechanic. I would of much preferred keeping the map than letting me know where the enemy will be.

my other complaint is the level design structure is too easy to know where to avoid enemies undetected.

While i would much prefer hitman games to stick to its roots what we got i was satisfied with. i am all for the series to branch out to a wider audience and get more of a following so i am very happy.

the story so far is interesting , the voice acting is really good and i am finding the easter eggs very funny when spotted with
    Kane and Lynch
    and
    Mini Ninja and the rubber ducks

so far its a solid 9/10 from me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Rastadoyle wrote: »
    having problems with the suit only challenge in attack of the saints, reception part. ive past this level numerous times in a suit but its not saying ive completed it. help please?

I could be wrong but i think you have to complete that in the bathrobe you're wearing at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Any think there's abit too much homophobic jokes in this game. Random henchmen conversations and such its all they talk about. It was funny for awhile then it got tiresome fast wish I could turn it off somehow.

so i finished it and its a great game but its not a hitman game.

i think hitman games in the past were much more rewarding in the different ways to kill people and i would of preferred level design to be less linear in the next installment and more sandbox.

so in the end my overall score is still a 9/10 game but as a hitman game its probably a 7/10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Still haven't got around to finishing this, will eventually just didnt grab me as a must play. Nothing has recently other than Spec Ops: The Line.

Can anyone tell me what the patches generally fixed?

Half of the development team has now been laid off which i think is square enix doing than io interactive decision

quite sad but even if absolution was a disappointing hitman game it did do some interesting things in the series and had moments of potential. Not to Mention the game sold very well but Square unrealistic Goals for how many copies they wanted to sell has dampen the series and what now seems to be destroyed a great development team.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/06/17/hitman-absolution-dev-lays-off-half-of-staff

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Eli Nich

so i finished it and its a great game but its not a hitman game.

i think hitman games in the past were much more rewarding in the different ways to kill people and i would of preferred level design to be less linear in the next installment and more sandbox.

so in the end my overall score is still a 9/10 game but as a hitman game its probably a 7/10

In the previous versions there was no proper story to the game it start with you are assigned a mission and in the end you are still on a mission where you cant enjoy the story line,

Hitman Absolution is the finest and the best possible unless they bring on something very special in the next one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,961 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Eli Nich wrote: »
    In the previous versions there was no proper story to the game it start with you are assigned a mission and in the end you are still on a mission where you cant enjoy the story line,

Hitman Absolution is the finest and the best possible unless they bring on something very special in the next one

There actually was a bit of a story to Hitman: Blood Money. Not a continuous one, but did relate to several of the missions and was quite enjoyable.

Eli Nich wrote: »

I couldn't disagree with this more if I tried. Blood money was the best in the series. The whole series is about planning out each mission and making the perfect hit. Which is something that just doesn't happen in absolution, which had a horrible and poorly related story to it anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

Story is one of the things which ruin this game. It's like the DMC reboot, they focused on the wrong thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

It sold 3.6 million physical copies. Don't know how many digital downloads... What did Square want??

Anyway, I agree with the sentiment that Hitman was better without the story line - I'd be perfectly happy to play seperate unconnected missions indefinitely. It was all about the planning and, ahem, execution.

I thought the story was okay (bar the inconsistencies with disguises and cutscenes) but the main problem was the terrible juvenile dialogue. They got decent enough actors to do the voice acting but they where completely wasted.

Jesper Kyd not doing the soundtrack was also a disappointment and while the soundtrack was passable it was no where near as good as Kyd's work in the previous game.

Having said that and despite the truncated non connected levels as well it was still a decent game just disappointing compared to Blood Money.

Oh and DMC was a good game :P

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Eli Nich

It sold 3.6 million physical copies. Don't know how many digital downloads... What did Square want??

Anyway, I agree with the sentiment that Hitman was better without the story line - I'd be perfectly happy to play seperate unconnected missions indefinitely. It was all about the planning and, ahem, execution.

Then probably Call of duty has made me a gamer who loves stories :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,961 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I thought the story was okay (bar the inconsistencies with disguises and cutscenes) but the main problem was the terrible juvenile dialogue.
    Oh and DMC was a good game :P

*headdesk*

Advertisement