Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hitman Absolution

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

any hitman fan that i came across me included just want a better looking hitman blood bloody with smarter a.i , if they ruin this on me i cry , do they wanna see a grown man cry :( please eidos dont ruin it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

As long as every level or at least the majority bar a couple of special scenarios (blood money's 'Requiem' for example) can be completed in a perfect stealth method it will be fine

Action is ok as long as there is the option to waltz through the entire level and garotte ONE dude and leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Bang on, thats what was great about Hitman.

The disguises set it apart from most stealth games, and it's worrying that that preview was more interesting in killing guards than anything else.

Wait and see I suppose.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

New cinematic trailer is out too; and I know it's just a CGI trailer, but Agent 47 should not go in the front-door & get all chopsocky about the place. I'm realllllly not liking the vibes coming off this game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

it looks good. hope it doesnt turn out to be a shooter. but that option was always there.

I am going to stay fairly away from this in terms of how the story is to pan out. but I can only assume that was Diana?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

folan wrote: »
    it looks good. hope it doesnt turn out to be a shooter. but that option was always there.

I am going to stay fairly away from this in terms of how the story is to pan out. but I can only assume that was Diana?

Well it was and it wasn't. Yes, if you wanted to you could go in all guns blazing, but you couldn't take many shots and the odds were frequently stacked against you even surviving to the next room if you did. The guns-blazing option shouldn't be a realistic option to clear the level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

As long as every level or at least the majority bar a couple of special scenarios (blood money's 'Requiem' for example) can be completed in a perfect stealth method it will be fine

Action is ok as long as there is the option to waltz through the entire level and garotte ONE dude and leave.
    Splinter Cell Conviction could be played stealthy but it still sucked, in fairness.

Out of curiosity, has 47 ever had a female target in any of the games?

humanji wrote: »
    Splinter Cell Conviction could be played stealthy but it still sucked, in fairness.

Out of curiosity, has 47 ever had a female target in any of the games?

What about the mission in blood money you kill your mans wife with the barbecue

Ah right. Forgot about that. Although, technically she wasn't the target. You just needed her necklace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I loved that mission. So many ways of doing it......

• Advertisement

pixelburp wrote: »
    Well it was and it wasn't. Yes, if you wanted to you could go in all guns blazing, but you couldn't take many shots and the odds were frequently stacked against you even surviving to the next room if you did. The guns-blazing option shouldn't be a realistic option to clear the level.

i dont know. that option was and should always have been there. its tougher, definatly. Ive beaten Blood Money by blasting my way through. that was tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

What about the mission in blood money you kill your mans wife with the barbecue

You could seduce her dressed as the poolboy and then she would kick you out and go to sleep and then take the necklace. There was an optional female target in the playboy mansion level but she was an assassin as well.

And another female assassin in the Heaven/Hell level. It's all coming back to me now. lol

Female target in Hitman 2 as well. On the hospital island mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭NeoKubrick

From Kent, moderator of the Hitmanforum (source):
    And so the hype, (and for some, the hate) truly begins. The E3 demo has been shown to a number of games journalists, just a day or so ago.
    Some of us, however, got to see it a bit ahead of time.
    On the 27th of May I (a lowly moderator of only ten or so years experience, but also a fan of the series), and Ampburner of Hitmanforum visited the headquarters of IO Interactive, in Copenhagen, and got a chance to sit down to have a look at what would later be shown in connection to E3.

The day I got back home from Denmark I jotted down a “dramatic” retelling of the gameplay we saw, with my own notes to go with it. As the embargo on the E3 demo has now been lifted, you can now take part in what I wrote:

Darkness.
    47 crashes through a window and latches on to a pillar inside an old abandoned Chicago library.
    Soon the place is swarming with cops, and they’re all there for him. As they look around and work to turn the lights on they banter back and forth.

The NPCs seem so more lifelike than ever before here. They all have personalities and quirks, and talk about all manners of funny things.

47 drops down from the pillar and starts making his way through the dark library, always making sure to keep hidden, one step ahead of the police at any given moment. In order to buy time he sabotages a fuse box.

The new cover system is presented here as a useful tool for stealth more so than taking cover from hailstorms of bullets. You can move from cover to cover in order to stay hidden.

At the same time the new “Instinct” function is revealed. Similar to Assassin’s Creed’s “Eagle vision” or Arkham Asylum’s “Detective mode”, 47’s “Instinct” shows us just how 47s heightened senses allow him to perceive things. NPCs are surrounded in subtle glowing auras that can be spotted through objects, and in front of each of them is a line on the floor which indicates where they intend to go next (just a few meters, not an entire patrol path).
    As you look around you can also see points of interested (like climbable ledges) in the same glow as NPCs.
    Obviously the old stuff, like sabotaging fuse boxes is back.

Then 47 starts moving through them like a wolf through a flock of lambs. They disappear in the darkness, their friends being none the wiser. 47 uses every tool at his disposal to make his way through the library.

We’re introduced to a few new things. First of all, 47 is able to choke people out now, which seems to involve some player interaction, tapping buttons and so forth. This is apparently louder than other options.
    47 also has the option of grabbing objects and using them as weapons (as always). In the demo we see him using a bust as a blunt weapon.
    And of course the classic strangulation is still in place. It seems it has been made a bit easier to get the cord around NPCs necks. Maybe this means we won’t have to do the dance of shame (running in circles around an NPC to try and get behind him and wire him).
    The music here seems to flow absolutely organically, always commenting perfectly on what is going on, rising as the action does. There’s clearly been a lot of effort put into sound design.

It happens quickly now. 47 grabs a police officer and uses him as a human shield as he backs through a door, all of the other cops now aware of his location.
    As 47 makes his way up a flight of stairs a gun fight breaks out as he goes for cover. It is punctuated when 47 shoots the chain holding a chandelier up, dropping it on the police officers below.

This is in no way a triggered action sequence. It was clearly the choice of the player to go for grabbing a hostage in plain sight of a bunch of cops.

47 drops out of a window to escape, only to find himself in the searchlight of a police helicopter. He gets into cover and expertly weaves from cover to cover while the chopper gunner tries to get in a clear shot.

Yet another use of the cover system. This is probably the bit of the demo that will upset most of the hardcore fan base. It seems un-skippable (though one could always wonder what would happen if you had taken the clothes off of one of the cops in the library earlier). It also seems to be a bottle neck in the mission. I sincerely doubt there’s any other path to get to the next part of the map (though I can’t be sure, we only saw the one play through after all)

Finally 47 reaches a dark room with no windows and a single opening which leads out onto a rooftop bridging the Library building and an apartment complex.
    The chopper still searches for 47, but he is safe in the darkness.
    A few moments later a police officer comes on foot across the roof top. As soon as he enters the darkness he is done for, and his uniform quickly switches owners.
    Calmly and cooly 47 walks into the rain while the chopper is hovering just next to him.

This sequence is pretty tense. You’re literally walking through the crosshairs of a machine gun while wearing this disguise. 47 seems to walk differently here. His mannerisms seem more “coplike”, down to the way he holds his gun. It’s a very moody, atmospheric moment. The visuals as the rain hits his leather jacket are nothing less than spectacular.

47 finally reaches the back door of an apartment and enters. Inside pot growing hippies look nervously through the window. They’re not too happy about the sudden police presence.

This is a nice twist on the disguise dynamics. Being dressed as a cop is a good thing if you want to get passed other cops, but pot fiends might not react quite in the same way. It also demonstrates the fun and dynamic NPCs that we seem to be getting this time around. Once again they’re all their own characters, just like the police officers in the library were.

47 works his way out into the hallway, where police are already going door to door in the search of the bald headed killer.

After an elevator ride with a talkative elevator attendant, who can’t help but talk about all the hub-ub over getting just one man, he finally reaches the bottom floor.
    As he passes one of the police officers he suddenly gets the feeling that he’s about to be recognized, and so he turns his head away and pulls down his police cap to obscure his face.

[iHere we seem to get another aspect of the “Instinct” function. 47 can actually hear the NPCs thoughts, as it ponders if he’s seen 47 somewhere before. Maybe it’s an old buddy from work?
    It is unclear exactly how this is activated or how it works. [/i]

Reaching the lobby, 47 stops dead in his tracks. It’s filled with SWAT, waiting to move in. Inconspicuously he leans in over a nearby counter with a carton of donuts and grabs one of them.

This seems to be another function... blending with your environment in different ways.

The cop that seemed to know him earlier is still on him.

“Hey, didn’t you quit years ago?” he asks from across the hallway.

47 notices that the SWAT team has moved away and starts to move.

“I never left.” He says, as he walks out of the building and into the crowd on the streets outside. Disappearing into the night.

I can’t be sure, but I think it was David Bateson doing the voice work here. The crowd 47 moves into looks truly dynamic. A lot better than what we got in Blood Money.

So ends the demo.
    There’s a lot of things to be excited about, and if you’re a hardcore fan, some things to worry about.
    One thing is obvious though. Even if this turns out not being a great Hitman-game, it surely will be a great game in its own right, and a fun gaming experience. Here’s hoping that it turns out being both.
    Here is a snippet of in-game footage:
    It is too early to comment.

NeoKubrick wrote: »
    From Kent, moderator of the Hitmanforum (source):

Here is a snippet of in-game footage:
    It is too early,

Like a katy perry side boob, overly excited but not much to see, **** it i have faith

the character model has changed. he looks tougher. but that review does suggest that all is not yet lost, even if there is a new cover based system (hopefully they have forgotten everything about the Kane and Lynch games there)!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Aw finally. I've had Blood Money gathering dust for years now. Better turn it on and play it through again for all times sake (maybe play all of them to build myself up for this one. I Love 47!) :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

Looks like the latest splinter cell

• Registered Users Posts: 17,196 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

I'll be interested to see how this plays.

I felt that they made the best stealth game ever with Blood money, it would be a pity to see the series morph into a scripted shooter style game.

Improvements can be made without comprimising the gameplay, but for the game to function properly you do need to be carrying out contracts on assassination targets and not just running from the cops the whole time.
    This seems to be a n opinion shared by many fans of the series and hopefully the feedback will be noted and acted upon between now and the release date.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

Well lads after seen all websites hitman absolution won the most awards ,its a good sign , i can except changes as long as i feel the hitman essence , this and the last guardian are my most hyped games as we speck. Im a huge fan of the franchise and i have no doubt it be great i like what i see so far , its gonna be a interesting 12 months thats for sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,383 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Really looking forward to this, I always find the Hitman games quite exciting. I hope they dont muck with it too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

I just seen on wikipedia that David Bateson won't be voicing 47 anymore. Aww. :(

Either way I'm excited. Been looking forward to this for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Got Bloodmoney years ago when it came out (2006???) Was really disappointed in it , can't remember why? I think I may have said so already on the thread. I loved Hitman 2 on the playstation and can't for the life of me think of a reason why I traded bloodmoney in without giving it much of a chance.

Anyway this was bugging me, so I got a used copy of it on adverts a few weeks ago, and am actually loving it :D

I saw that there was a cover system mentioned for the new game, playing bloodmoney I have to say it was lacking that!!!!! not for combat as it is possible to do every mission without killing but for peeping around corners in cover and pouncing on a target.

Wasn't going to bother with the new game before , but I am now :)

By any chance could the thread be named hitman absolution thread ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭ADarkKnight88

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWf3dPKYf1E

More like the real Hitman towards the end!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,115 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Damn, i think that trailer will put anyone worrying about this game at ease. If the rest of the levels are similarly made, this will be a classic Hitman game!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭ADarkKnight88

I hoping they wouldnt go down the splinter cell route, thankfully it does not look that way so far

• Advertisement

I like the look of that gameplay, looks quality to me :)

Advertisement