Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hitman Absolution

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

psugrue wrote: »
    for anyone who is looking for the sniper challenge, if you dont want to pre-order the game you can buy it in hmv for €2, was in hmv in pavillions this morning so i'd say its in the other ones too

Its only supposed to be sold when the game is pre-ordered.
    Its supposed to be taken as a deposit basically, its only a code inside which grants you access to the sniper mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭ADarkKnight88

Is there anyone else that cannot access the hitman sniper website?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

Is there anyone else that cannot access the hitman sniper website?

Apparently you need to register with the site, I couldn't access it and have been told I need to register.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭ADarkKnight88

Got it working on explorer, wouldnt open in chrome. Sniper challenge is good but short

• Registered Users Posts: 40 OpTiMuS Pr1mE

In the top 3 in Ireland :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Anyone with a Amazon account. I just pre ordered it there.less than a minute later got my Sniper challenge code.And then cancelled my pre order. Downloading now so can confirm it works :P

Winner winner chicken dinner

• Registered Users Posts: 40 OpTiMuS Pr1mE

In the top 3 in Ireland :D

No1 Now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Rastapitts

any idea of the release date of this game? will it be this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Yup , November

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭promethius42

Is anyone else worried that #47 seems to have dropped the ball from silent assassin to run and gun mentalist to appeal to the broader audience? Or perhaps thats just showing a range of options to the player?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

'Broader audience' is my least favourite phrase this gen. Look at what it did to Ninja Gaiden 3.

Yeah, it doesn't look as though planning your hit will be as big a thing in Absolution. The disguise changing sequences in the demo looked very scripted, like they put the policeman right in your way just as you need to change disguise. The stealth looks more Tenchu than Silent Assassin as well. Of course Blood Money's first mission was like this as well but the footage of other levels shown all show more or less the same type of thing. They even put exploding barrels in an orphanage ffs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭promethius42

Mindkiller wrote: »
    'Broader audience' is my least favourite phrase this gen. Look at what it did to Ninja Gaiden 3.

Yeah, it doesn't look as though planning your hit will be as big a thing in Absolution. The disguise changing sequences in the demo looked very scripted, like they put the policeman right in your way just as you need to change disguise. The stealth looks more Tenchu than Silent Assassin as well. Of course Blood Money's first mission was like this as well but the footage of other levels shown all show more or less the same type of thing. They even put exploding barrels in an orphanage ffs.

First mission of BM aside as its a training level, I loved how planning was a very important part of your hit, going guns blazing rarely worked, and even when it did it felt cheap. I loved the newspaper reports at the end too.

To me, the stealth seems to resemble that of Splinter Cell conviction (no a bad game, but it was no Chaos Theory). Overall, from the vids im just getting too different a feel than what im used to from Hitman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

if im not mistaken im almost certain this hitman is supposed to allow you to play different ways
    you can go in all guns blazing or you can stealthily go about your business

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

TheGunns wrote: »
    if im not mistaken im almost certain this hitman is supposed to allow you to play different ways

Yeah, but the problem with the stealth gameplay shown so far is that it more closely resembles the type of stealth you'd see in a Deus Ex title, not a Hitman game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Mindkiller wrote: »

Yeah, but the problem with the stealth gameplay shown so far is that it more closely resembles the type of stealth you'd see in a Deus Ex title, not a Hitman game.

One of the developers mentioned recently that the trailers were all made to look that way because very few people would have the attention span to watch a video of someone observing AI patterns

Q_Ball wrote: »
    One of the developers mentioned recently that the trailers were all made to look that way because very few people would have the attention span to watch a video of someone observing AI patterns

That said though, I think in the gameplay video you can see elements of it when the cops are on the ground floor in the library. Looks like they may have certain patterns. Won't know for sure though until the game is released though really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

In fairness it does look like they are using a lot of tech and design elements from the last splinter cell but thats not a bad thing. That game too allowed you go full on stealthy or guns blazing. For it to be a true hitman game they only have to add a little dark humor and some nice hidden in plain sight elements. Even they were shown in the trailers such as in the dopers den with the kid freaking out and smashing a bong over the cops head - dark humor.. and the hidden in plain sight was addressed also with the end of the trailer where 47 makes his way through the cop filled corridor in the uniform and tipping the cap down.

Its more than likely going to play a lot like conviction with these two hitman elements added which will be a good thing imo..... familiar but different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'm kind of worried that it'll be like Conviction in that you can only alert people in the section of the map you're in, and once you get to the next section, it all resets. Hopefully they'll show a vid soon of it playing like the previous Hitman games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bm0v8uONo0&feature=g-all-u

another trailer

certainly looks more action orientated than the previous ones, ill give you that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Sexy nuns......? wtf?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

and an ico tatoo?

So they've remade Hitman for teenage boys with ADHD?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Jesus; the world of the Hitman games was always kinda sleezy, but it was a mundane, dreary & petty sleeziness, not this hyper-stylised, Grindhouse sleeziness. That trailer's pathetic, it really is. Not aimed at my demographic blah blah blah, but even still, it tells alot about where gaming is, maturity wise.

Worth mentioning there was a thread only the other week that debated this slide in gaming's marketing tone. Nice to see something aren't changing anytime soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

humanji wrote: »
    So they've remade Hitman for teenage boys with ADHD?

+1.

am i getting a bit more mature ( not likely ), but that was awful trailer... i presume SEX sells.

one more thing, i wont go all feminist here, but there was something wrong to see a big bald fella kicking the living **** out of few woman. This will echo a lot in anti video game media...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

First mission of BM aside as its a training level, I loved how planning was a very important part of your hit, going guns blazing rarely worked, and even when it did it felt cheap. I loved the newspaper reports at the end too.

To me, the stealth seems to resemble that of Splinter Cell conviction (no a bad game, but it was no Chaos Theory). Overall, from the vids im just getting too different a feel than what im used to from Hitman.

Same here, my favorite one I got was something like "Manic guns down 87". Ran out of ammo on the Mardi Gras mission :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

The tone of that trailer and this bit of marketing blurb....

"an action-packed thrill ride, reflecting the very special vibe and atmosphere you can expect in HITMAN: ABSOLUTION™ when it launches globally on November 20"

....can only lead me to believe this is a wind-up by the publisher. It would be really epic if they came out over the summer and revealed that this trailer was bs and then showed us something which is straight out of Blood Money territory.

Sadly, I doubt this is whats going on here. Oh dear. :(

Right, there's an E3 preview here about one of the levels. I won't quote it as it has spoilers on how to do the level, but it does make it seem like a very slow and deliberate game just like the other ones. Bizarrely the author says that knowing how to do a level once makes it easier the next time you play it. Isn't that always the case?

Anyway, it's slightly eased my worries about it being a gung-ho action game, but I'll wait until the reviews come in after release before I buy, I think.

http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6379530/will-trial-and-error-kill-hitman-absolution

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Here's a video from another source, that has a lot of 'proper' gameplay footage from a Chinatown level. I must be honest, it allays a lot of the fears I had for this game - it looks like the open levels are alive and well; in fact I get a strong sense of Blood Money from the video:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

pixelburp wrote: »
    vid

Oh man, instantly brought me back to the cuckoo mission in Blood Money.

Unless GTA V is coming out, this is the game I am most looking forward to in 2012.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

This post by Helix is also encouraging (from the E3 discussion page).

Getting excisted for this one now!

Advertisement