Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hitman Absolution

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

Thinking of buying this game at lunch in xtra vision in Thurles. Then when my copy arrives from CDWOW I will return it for the full xtra vision price? Is there anything that can go wrong here? Both will be sold sealed in plastic I presume!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Might be dodgy Ped, some shops like HMV have a record of their stock by the barcode so if you try to give Xtravision the cdwow copy, they might scan it and see it's not theirs. I only know HMV do this so I dunno about Xtravision. Maybe an xtravision employee on boards might be able to help?

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Might be dodgy Ped, some shops like HMV have a record of their stock by the barcode so if you try to give Xtravision the cdwow copy, they might scan it and see it's not theirs. I only know HMV do this so I dunno about Xtravision. Maybe an xtravision employee on boards might be able to help?

Thanks sheehy. I was thinking as much. I just had a moment of madness when I read three positive reviews and saw how cheap it was on CDWOW and went for it. Totally forgot how slow they are as I hadn't bought off them in years. Does anyone know are xtra vision like HMV in regards to barcodes?

I'd even take a credit note for it! Full refund isn't essential!

pedatron wrote: »
    Thanks sheehy. I was thinking as much. I just had a moment of madness when I read three positive reviews and saw how cheap it was on CDWOW and went for it. Totally forgot how slow they are as I hadn't bought off them in years. Does anyone know are xtra vision like HMV in regards to barcodes?

I'd even take a credit note for it! Full refund isn't essential!

Can you cancel the order with cdwow? Last time I ordered off them, I was waiting about 3 weeks. If it hasn't dispatched yet, cancel it.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Can you cancel the order with cdwow? Last time I ordered off them, I was waiting about 3 weeks. If it hasn't dispatched yet, cancel it.

Great thinking. I'm a dope. Will do it now!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

calex71 wrote: »
    Worth doing what I did and take a stroll down to HMV in Dundrum, 39.99 there as the poster above mentioned I knew they would be cheaper but was genuinely shocked when I saw it at that price :eek:

Even more shocked when they gave me €35 for trading in Assassin's Creed III I was pleased with the savings so I treated myself to a bus ride home / it's a 20 minute walk :cool:

Did xtravision in Nutgrove even have it ????? I didn't see it on the shelf when I was in.

Heading down to Dundrum now. I called into Xtra vision at about 10.10am. The girl said they hadn't unpacked them yet, and she wasn't in a rush to do so.

Are we neighbours:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Who do you think would be faster for delivery Hmv or Amazon ?

They both work out at the same price..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

€40 on release day I couldn't help myself. Fingers crossed Far Cry 3 is similarly priced if so i'll have to raid my credit union account for the christmas kitty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

It's very polished but it's not really a hitman game.

I'm playing in purist mode and to be honest the enemies are way too accurate, I shot a guy in the chest with a shotgun from about 6 feet away and he still managed to kill me, stupid!

Dermighty wrote: »

I'm playing in purist mode and to be honest the enemies are way too accurate, I shot a guy in the chest with a shotgun from about 6 feet away and he still managed to kill me, stupid!

To be fair your not playing Hitman right if your using a Shotgun.

All the pro's know to use a Piano :cool:

• Advertisement

If I buy the game off Amazon is it a download like the US store or does it come boxed ?

I'm not in the mood for a 27gb download :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Dermighty wrote: »

Where do you even begin with such a post :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Stev_o wrote: »
    Where do you even begin with such a post :confused:
    Aren't there parts of this game where you've little choice but to enter into a firefight? Thought that was mentioned in some of the reviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

humanji wrote: »
    Aren't there parts of this game where you've little choice but to enter into a firefight? Thought that was mentioned in some of the reviews.

Im almost certain reviews said you never HAVE to enter a firefight, theres always another way. But there are certain areas where if youre not patient, youre only going to want a firefight. Im almost certain thats what was in the review but I could be wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

picked it up in HMV for €39.99 - Thanks for the OP on this one.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Lads avoid CD WOW at all costs.Their absolutely shocking.I ordered Assassins Creed 3 on the 25th of October thinking i would get on release.Its now the 20th of November and still no sign.At least i'll have a sealed copy to trade in for Far Cry i spose IF it even comes by then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Where is the cheapest place to buy this online? Don't mind waiting a few days but definitely not ordering from CD-WOW.

Johner wrote: »
    Where is the cheapest place to buy this online? Don't mind waiting a few days but definitely not ordering from CD-WOW.

HMV or Amazon are your best bet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Purist mode is simply a difficulty level, you can play it as passively or aggressively as you like at any difficulty level.

My issue was that the ai is periodically unnaturally accurate in purist mode.

I've no interest in debating with anyone about playstyle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

s8n wrote: »
    picked it up in HMV for €39.99 - Thanks for the OP on this one.

:D

Was that the normal price or a one day offer?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

EdK wrote: »
    Was that the normal price or a one day offer?

Might go up later in the week, when I took my copy to the till it came up as 47.99 and the chap had to over ride it, best buy sooner rather than later.

Even at 47.99 it would have been a good deal compared to every other B&M shop selling at 54.99

As much as I agree shotguns should be avoided in a hitman game, I find it funny that one of the pics on the back of the game box has 47 wielding a shotty :D

Gonna give this a lash later on, looking forward to being 47 again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Itchin to fire this up. Gotta watch the football first. I'm hoping there are different ways to play. Sneaking through on my first play through and if it also plays like a slick action game, popping from cover to cover and taking enemies out like a badass ill be happy.

So I am on the third level so far going to assassinate someone at the Vixen club. I actually quite liked Run for Your Life, it reminded me off classic movies almost Bourne Esque vibe of being in a large crowd being hunted and trying to remain hidden. Id advise people to try the game on Hard to get the best experience out of it once you don't mind having to restart check points to get the perfect score :p

So far I like it, it's different yet familar. I am in two minds about this, should games trying to evolve from what they are or should they rehash the same things over and over again. I think Absolution brings some new ideas to the table, hiding in plain sight does make sense and of course the large crowds are fantastic. I think it's does a nice take on the stealth genre while still having elements of the old Hitman games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

What's the soundtrack like btw?

One thing I loved about the previous games was the fairly excellent music by Jesper Kyd - sometimes really orchestral, sometimes all dark & electro.

pixelburp wrote: »
    What's the soundtrack like btw?

One thing I loved about the previous games was the fairly excellent music by Jesper Kyd - sometimes really orchestral, sometimes all dark & electro.

I haven't heard a lot of the evangelical samples/chanting like the past games (I have heard snippets) it's just I dunno polished? It creates suspense (fog horn brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :p). But so far it's not as memorable as themes such as http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djqrp7kcK5M&feature=player_detailpage#t=52s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Playing it on hard mode too and its sadistic but in a good way. If your anal about getting a clean section be prepared to redo some of them over and over and over but even when it all goes to pieces I usually go all guns blazing till I restart and its really fun and a great stress reliever! The controls are taking a bit to get used to but so far Im impressed with the game. Some great ideas and doesnt seem to rely on one mechanic for too long before switching it up.

Could defo do with a little less inception style "BBBBOOOOOONNNNNGGGGG" sound effect though. Its drilling into my brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Loving it so far, but the servers have been down all day and i havent been able to try out contracts mode.
    Just me or is that happening to anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Give us some opinions !! :P not prices.
    Is it worth getting, whats good/bad about it ?

Advertisement