Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

€15million for improvements to cycleways*

• 10-05-2011 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭

The * being rail stations, pedestrian crossings, footpaths and bus networks are included in the 15million!!

But still a bit of money going towards the cycle lanes. My only hope is that whoever is incharge of this consults who whoever the cycling powers that be are to ensure that the cycling lanes are actually of use!

I dont cycle to work myself but would hope to if it suited in the future, but from what I can see and from what iv used so far they seem to be more hassle that there worth in certain sections.

Heres hoping for some well designed and positioned cycle lanes?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

airscotty wrote: »
    Heres hoping for some well designed and positioned cycle lanes?

I wouldn't hold your breath on that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Hopefully, but don't hold your breath! I think they tend to design any good quality ones with a leisurely family day out in mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭furiousox

jesus when i saw the thread title I thought you meant the bike shop! :eek:

CPL 593H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

airscotty wrote: »
    The * being rail stations, pedestrian crossings, footpaths and bus networks are included in the 15million!!

Have you any more detail on this- news story, source, etc.? Is it national? Dublin only?

TBH, if bus networks are included, €15 million won't go very far (however odd that sounds).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

If they are anything like the abysmal ones they've done lately, I hope not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

Anyone else heard anything verifiable about this?

I did a search last night, but the first item returned was this thread. :) Other than that, all I got was links to press releases from the DoT from 2009, etc.

Advertisement