Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you missing your cat?

• 10-05-2011 6:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭

was in tesco ardkeen today and outside the door is a greyish black female cat who is in kitten, she seems unafraid of people but wouldnt allow me to touch her. i dont know how long she is there, but someone is giving her milk, most likely she hitched a ride in a car engine, so if you hear anyone missing their cat let them know.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

She's a right hussey that one hanging around by the ATM near next , trying to get some money from unsuspecting punters. Avoid!!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Aarnikotka

Maybe you could call the SPCA?

Their number is 051-841432; my friend's cat went missing in the past and the SPCA had received a call from someone who was taking care of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

I've seen that cat there for at least a month, probably at least 5 or 6 weeks come to think of it. I see her most times I'm there.

She's usually between Tesco and Next and I've seen where a tin of cat food has been left out for her.

Maybe it's time to contact the WSPCA.

Your username is most apt for this thread :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

I actually saw this cat the other day lying down catching some sun by the ATM.. hope it finds its way home...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Paul KK

That cat wa a bit un-nerving watching the ATM for weeks - however, she was caught in a darin capture by animal welfare this evening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭Straycat

oh thats great, i had emailed them but not gotten a reply. hopefully she'll be able to have her babies in safety and get a lovely new home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭THEIRISHMOB

Paul KK wrote: »
    That cat wa a bit un-nerving watching the ATM for weeks - however, she was caught in a darin capture by animal welfare this evening

Did you see who exactly caught the cat? As I have a home for her but I don't know who exactly caught her.

theirishmob, it was waterford spca i got on to, so i would assume it would be them who trapped her, you can contact them via their website www.waterfordspca.ie or their phone num is 051 841432, i dont know if this is manned at the weekend though. (you are aware that this cat is also in kitten, and if you rehome her at the min, you will have to eventually care for the kittens.) fair play to you for finding her a home.:)

Straycat wrote: »
    theirishmob, it was waterford spca i got on to, so i would assume it would be them who trapped her, you can contact them via their website www.waterfordspca.ie or their phone num is 051 841432, i dont know if this is manned at the weekend though. (you are aware that this cat is also in kitten, and if you rehome her at the min, you will have to eventually care for the kittens.) fair play to you for finding her a home.:)

yea I know shes havin kittens. I was down there Wed and thur trying to get her..she gave me 3 nice bites on my leg in the process but still couldent get her.
    I have a woman that will take her in and we will jointly try to get homes for the kittens. Ive 8 rescued cats myself so i cant fit any more as we also have other animals.
    I was so pissed of over the last month or two being at tesco and I spoke to so many people at tesco about her. So many saying "Ah the poor cat" but not one of them willing to do anything about it. Sad state to think that 20,000 people a day for months passed her and no one does anything about it.
    But now all that matters is that she has somewhere safe to have the kittens.
    thanks for the contact details.

Just phoned them. they dident get her. Did you actually see the cat caught? I was down there with waterford animal welfare trying to get her 5pm thursday and we couldent get her.

• Advertisement

totally agree with you on the ease of so many people to just pass by and do nothing. i mean, obviously if the cat is there continously she is not belonging to someone living close by as she would be gone home sooner than 5 or 6 weeks. i dont frequent that tesco that often, but the following day after seeing her i got on the the wspca.

it was paulkk who may of seen someone trap her, maybe give him a pm.

as far as i know cat protection aka wspca, and waterford animal welfare are the only two agencies in the city that will come trap, so unless it was a private individual who came, please god its that they have a home for it, and not bait for training dogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

totally agree with you on the ease of so many people to just pass by and do nothing. i mean, obviously if the cat is there continously she is not belonging to someone living close by as she would be gone home sooner than 5 or 6 weeks.

Well, if I saw a cat regularly for 5 or 6 weeks, and it was still alive, I'd reckon the cat can look after itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Saw a cat down there earlier today near the door. Someone had left a tin of cat food and she was eating from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

dayshah wrote: »
    Well, if I saw a cat regularly for 5 or 6 weeks, and it was still alive, I'd reckon the cat can look after itself.
    that's a scene from the Lion King :p:p:p

any joy THEIRISHMOB?

This thread of busy bodies is really bugging me. Most likely is that some kid up by Farran Park has a cat, and it wanders down to Tescos because sometimes people give it food. The cat is fine, leave it alone. Or do you all want to kidnap some child's cat?

Which is more likely, the cat is grand and normally hangs out near Farran Park, or it hitched a ride in a car engine (like the OP said). :rolleyes:

Cats evolved over millions of years. They can look after themselves.

This thread of busy bodies is really bugging me. Most likely is that some kid up by Farran Park has a cat, and it wanders down to Tescos because sometimes people give it food. The cat is fine, leave it alone. Or do you all want to kidnap some child's cat?

Which is more likely, the cat is grand and normally hangs out near Farran Park, or it hitched a ride in a car engine (like the OP said). :rolleyes:

Cats evolved over millions of years. They can look after themselves.

to enquire about the welfare of an animal can hardly be classed as 'busy bodies' as you put it, and as you can no more ascertain whether the cat is 'some kid from farran parks' or traveled in on an engine, then i think its safe to say people should be allowed to take interest in its outcome.

i agree that yes cats have evolved over years and yes the ones that are feral can look after themselves, but this cat is obviously not feral by its behaviour and willingness to be around people it is domesticated and therefore is dependant on humans for food and shelter.

its by far better for someone like theirishmob to re-home it (and its offspring) rather than allow it to take up residence and have its litter at the mercy of car park traffic.

to enquire about the welfare of an animal can hardly be classed as 'busy bodies' as you put it, and as you can no more ascertain whether the cat is 'some kid from farran parks' or traveled in on an engine, then i think its safe to say people should be allowed to take interest in its outcome.

I've no bother with people taking an interest.

Taking someone else's cat is a different matter. Cats can walk. Its one of their many skills, and the most likely way they got to Tescos.

Taking someone else's cat is a different matter.

If the cat has been seen every day for the past six or so weeks always sitting at the same place, it is highly unlikely its anyones cat (unless it belongs to tesco:rolleyes:) A cat will often do its rounds so to speak, BUT it does not stay there for all that lenght of time. for example another two cats are often hanging out around supervalu in morgan st, they happen to live a couple of doors away, they are seen regularly but do not stay at teh doorway, they go home, because they have a home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

My little fooker of a cat pissed off for about 6 months when he was younger. He might have been annoyed after getting deballed though. He comes and goes now not a bother on him. Sits up on the window sill stairing on at me until I feed him then off he goes again. He's cool.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

cats just dont give a fcuk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

kkdela6 wrote: »
    cats just dont give a fcuk

True. They're mad. They even have a stuck up walk on them. They are cool though.

250703_10150198416451312_757586311_7076053_6618630_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

If the cat has been seen every day for the past six or so weeks always sitting at the same place, it is highly unlikely its anyones cat (unless it belongs to tesco:rolleyes:) A cat will often do its rounds so to speak, BUT it does not stay there for all that lenght of time. for example another two cats are often hanging out around supervalu in morgan st, they happen to live a couple of doors away, they are seen regularly but do not stay at teh doorway, they go home, because they have a home.

You are contradicting yourself.

You say the cat is used to people so isn't feral (hitching a ride in a car engine :rolleyes:), but now you are saying nobody owns the cat.

I once saw some sheep wandering in the mountains. Maybe they are lost too? Maybe they got to the mountains in a car engine too?

You are contradicting yourself.

You say the cat is used to people so isn't feral (hitching a ride in a car engine :rolleyes:), but now you are saying nobody owns the cat.

I once saw some sheep wandering in the mountains. Maybe they are lost too? Maybe they got to the mountains in a car engine too?

I know where the cat is living/sleeping and its not a house.
    who the f*** r u to make any comment on this matter if you have no involvement in it?
    go get a life instead of sitting at your computer commenting on things that have nothing to do with you. god u must have one empty boring life.

I know where the cat is living/sleeping and its not a house.
    who the f*** r u to make any comment on this matter if you have no involvement in it?
    go get a life instead of sitting at your computer commenting on things that have nothing to do with you. god u must have one empty boring life.

No, I've a happy fulfilling life leaving other people's cats alone thank you :D
    (I don't live alone in an apartment full of cats either)

Did you electronically tag the cat to track it? They do have the ability to walk you know.

No, I've a happy fulfilling life leaving other people's cats alone thank you :D
    (I don't live alone in an apartment full of cats either)

Did you electronically tag the cat to track it? They do have the ability to walk you know.

If you have a fulfilling life then what r u doing commenting on something that has nothing to do with you? and you have replied in 20minutes...so u cant exactly have a lot to do if your sitting in front of a computer while life is passing you bye.

I don't live in an apartment either. I live in a very nice house in the country. And I have been taking in rescued cats for 10yrs.

No I dident tag the cat. And yes I did realise that cats can walk.
    You think its ok for the cat to give birth in tesco car park, then good on u.

Any other words of wisdom? (if not stop taking up space on this post)

Any other words of wisdom? (if not stop taking up space on this post)

Nope, my only word of wisdom is the one I gave.

Leave the cat alone. You already tried take it and the cat defended itself against you.

Otherwise we'll probably have some kid putting up a thread saying 'Have you seen my cat'.

I wonder how many other 'rescued' cats had homes before. Cats behave in a totally different way to dogs, and are not dependent on people in the same way dogs are.

Cats behave in a totally different way to dogs, and are not dependent on people in the same way dogs are.

yes cats do behave a lot differently to dogs, but saying they are not dependant is way off the mark, however its also waaaay off topic so we'll have to agree to disagree. if you have nothing constructive to say regarding the issue (the welfare of a cat presumed stray in a perilious situation) then dont post on the thread.

• Advertisement

if you have nothing constructive to say regarding the issue (the welfare of a cat presumed stray in a perilious situation) then dont post on the thread.

Then at least post some photos of the cat to show its in a perilous situation.

Most likely its hanging out at Tesco because people are giving it free food and milk there. That's a Tesco offer even a kitten won't turn down. :D

I do have something constructive to say. Leave the cat alone and don't try catch it.

Advertisement