Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Im struggling with supper

Options
  • 10-05-2011 6:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭

So I'm giving him fruity bedtime I know I know expensive and when he was starting on solids it was fine as he didnt take that much of it now he eats loads and its costing a fortune
    So I need ideas on what to give him now for his supper I dont eat supper so have no idea where to start any help appreciated
    thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Toast and beans
    Spaghetti and toast...
    Scrambled egg on toast

Anything that can be put on toast (my two love toast...)

What age is he?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

Or could you do a homemade version?
    (I dont know what fruity bedtime consists of, so apologies if that's not plausible!)
    Or a banana or pieces of fruit cut up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

liliq wrote: »
    Or could you do a homemade version?
    (I dont know what fruity bedtime consists of, so apologies if that's not plausible!)
    Or a banana or pieces of fruit cut up?

It's like sunshine orange, a baby cereal made my aptamil...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

he is nearly 9mths
    thanks for the suggestions January will try some of the ideas he is still trying out finger foods and I've only just got him sleeping through the night to some degree so very worried about changing his supper but will give it a shot hopefully the sleep doesnt suffer also :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Weetabix?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 bridal

soup fully liquidised if he is old enough to manage normal food
    veggie broth

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭RIRI

Porridge always worked well for us, we always found a full belly equalled a full nights sleep - well it did in our house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Kaybe

At 9 mths my two would have enjoyed any of the following.......

boiled egg mashed in a cup with butter
    toast to nibble on in his hand
    fruit purees (in the baby food section)
    Rice cakes
    plain yougurt and flavoured with fresh fruit (blended)
    quesadilla with cheese in the middle (cut into small pieces that they can grip easily)
    Spuds and beans
    Rice with some beans

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

Hi Edel,

If you want to stick with fruit then I'd suggest setting aside a night once a week and pureeing a couple of different types of fruit each week. You can get loads of containers that are freezable and just pop it out each night. As others have said you can also mix it with rice/millet/spelt/whatever else you can find porridge and whatever milk you use.

We have a 9 month old and I'm going to use a couple of the suggestions already made. He prefers to feed himself (in total contrast to our first) so most of what I feed him can be picked up. Broccoli (I think it might be the texture) and strawberries are his favourites but toast, little chunks of cheese, pasta and small morsels of chicken and fish (fast becoming a favourite) are all pretty acceptable. He's getting to an age now where I will tailor cooking plans to include things that I can put in the fridge for him for later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Semolina made with formula and some fruit pureé mixed through it.. more or less what he's having only a homemade version ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement