Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky refurb box questions.

• 10-05-2011 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

Ok so I currently have a Sky+ DRX280 box (Amstrad). Well to cut a long story short I have been having nothing but problems with it for the past year, so after calling Sky today (an experience which I never want to have again) they agreed to send an engineer out to me free of charge to examine/replace the box.
    They told me that it would be a refurb box that I will get. So I am now quite sceptical about this.
    1). Is there any way when the engineer arrives that I can request a new box instead of a refurb?
    2). What box will I get? (A refurb Sky+ DRX280 box?)
    3). I have been with Sky 3 years now, so I currently have no warranty. Will this box have warranty?
    4). Will the engineer be able to install a single cable from the dish into my other living room? Will he do this if I ask...or are they not allowed to do this? I don't need a box....just a cable for my future use.
    5). In the event that I do get a refurb box, will I notice that it is a refurb box. How can I tell? Do refurb boxes tend to break easily? The way I look at it is that if it is a refurb box then it has broke before so it'll probably break again. Or will it just look/work exactly like a new box?
    6). Will the engineer take my old/current box with him? I have had the DRX280 box for 2 years now.

Ehh I think thats all. :D

Thanks for your help!
    :)

Comments

mrdsmith wrote: »
    1). Is there any way when the engineer arrives that I can request a new box instead of a refurb?
    No
    2). What box will I get? (A refurb Sky+ DRX280 box?)
    Not sure
    3). I have been with Sky 3 years now, so I currently have no warranty. Will this box have warranty?
    I would imagine so, could be anywhere from 3 - 12 months, friend of mine got a refurb replacement last year that had a 6 month warranty
    4). Will the engineer be able to install a single cable from the dish into my other living room? Will he do this if I ask...or are they not allowed to do this? I don't need a box....just a cable for my future use.
    Just ask him
    5). In the event that I do get a refurb box, will I notice that it is a refurb box. How can I tell? Do refurb boxes tend to break easily? The way I look at it is that if it is a refurb box then it has broke before so it'll probably break again. Or will it just look/work exactly like a new box?
    It will work and look like new
    6). Will the engineer take my old/current box with him? I have had the DRX280 box for 2 years now.
    Once the box you have is over 12 months old it is your property to keep
    :)

Advertisement