Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incorrect SMS arrival time when phone turned off

Options
  • 10-05-2011 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭

Hey

Ok going to try make this easy to explain, i will give an example of my problem.

Eg. If i go to bed at night at 23:00 and then switch off my phone, and someone sends me an text at 01:00 and when i turn my phone on at 08:00, the text shows that it was recieved at 08:00, when in relaity it was sent at 01.00.

Its very annoying because if my phone is off charging or just off in general, when i turn my phone back on, i get texts and they show up as just been received, i would prefer to know when the text was sent so i know the time frame of reply etc.

I never had this problem before, but i have moved to the 3 network and have a samsung galaxy ace phone, so im not sure if its a network issue or a phone issue, im hoping someone on here can help me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭KrisW

the text shows that it was recieved at 08:00, when in relaity it was sent at 01.00.
    It's a phone problem - the "plain" Android SMS handler doesn't remember the "sent time" timestamp for incoming SMS. All phones that run Android (like yours) will have this bug unless the manufacturer has replaced the SMS client. The latest 2.3.4 release doesn't fix it either.

[ EDIT: to stop this turning into a stupid fanboy thread, here's the bug report: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=2989 ]

If you want proper timestamping, get an independent client (ask on the Android Forum for recommendations), leave your phone on all the time (no guarantee either).

Advertisement