Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When do they send out the letters of failure?

Options
  • 10-05-2011 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

When do they send out those dreaded letters? Are they sent out the week before the results are available online?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Around then I think alright. I really ought to know the proper time considering I've gotten one every year for the past 4 years!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Results are Monday June 20th, THE letters are should be out the Friday before hand. (the 17th, this year)

And despite urban legend, the envelopes are white not brown.
    I got a white envelope and thought I'd passed until I read the letter.... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Fraher91

Clears it up for me, thanks. Thought they were handed out at christmas but guess i was wrong. Very much hope i don't get any letters, for cost and stressful reasons. PO4022 was tough, but think i scraped by. If you're qca is aboe 2 and you have a comp fail, then they won't send you a letter for that?

Nope! Only if you have Fs or are below 2 :)

They were sent out at xmas??

(Yes, that is my 2nd one in three semesters.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

I presume they only send out the one letter telling you what you have failed? Not a letter for each, if it is that way I'll be bricking it and I'll probably get aload of irrelevant letters that day.

• Advertisement

yesno1234 wrote: »
    I presume they only send out the one letter telling you what you have failed? Not a letter for each, if it is that way I'll be bricking it and I'll probably get aload of irrelevant letters that day.

You get a copy of your student transcript which has all your grades on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Oh right thought it would just say what I failed, not my other grades, thanks.

Advertisement