Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creedmoor Cup 2011

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

i might see you down there, weather permitting, what time would be best to go at

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Has anyone a link that cites who is shooting what?

I would like to see what the big boys are shooting: rifle, scope, barrel,...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

ormondprop wrote: »
    i might see you down there, weather permitting, what time would be best to go at

I don't know but I am guessing around 10ish. That's when I will be there

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

FISMA wrote: »
    Has anyone a link that cites who is shooting what?

I would like to see what the big boys are shooting: rifle, scope, barrel,...

There is no link. Each lad has a slightly different set up. Its more a case of come and see. For example here is a couple of pics of shooters on the line and the 1,000 yard view. (You'll see the 600 yard backstop from the windmill range to the right of the picture)

picture.php?albumid=939&pictureid=9847

picture.php?albumid=939&pictureid=9848

picture.php?albumid=939&pictureid=9849

Here is the setup i'll be using. Its a Savage FTR (originally). I kept the action and changed the barrel to a 30" TrueFlite medium profile. Its 1:13 twist. I had the action trued, and glass and pillar bedded. I got the stock made by Enda Welsh. It topped off with a Nightforce 8-32x56 Benchrest model sitting on a Near 20 MOA rail in NF rings.

picture.php?albumid=939&pictureid=8433
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Shane.sf

That's a fairly sexy gun. Good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭demonloop

The guy in the first photo sort of wasted his money on that mat didn't he :D

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭meathshooter1

teamusacreedmoor002.jpg
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Met Team USA,today on dollymount strand a Great week for Irish shooting sports,best of luck to everyone

Some of the USA & Irish Team Members on Dollymount.
    (Front left) Sandra Froman Past President NRA visited to make a special presentation from the NRA of America.

picture.php?albumid=939&pictureid=9859

Gloria Fulton Hugaby Great Grandaughter of Major Henry Fulton who shot on the orignal Creedmoor team on Dollymount Strand.

picture.php?albumid=939&pictureid=9860

Some of the USA team at the Civic Reception held in City Hall Dublin after visit to Dollymount Strand

picture.php?albumid=939&pictureid=9861
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Looks very well indeed Ezri!

A quick picture of all the Irish and American FTR shooters on the firing line today. Last day of training/practice so tomorrow the fun begins.

picture.php?albumid=939&pictureid=9882

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Best of luck to all the Irish lads in the competitons

:cool:

The lads are doing great. The team spirit is terrific, and everyone is in sync. Really looking forward to the next few days.

You can shoot anywhere in the world, but until you've shot in the Midlands you haven't experienced true changing winds. :D:)

The picture above doesn't show the torrential downpours suffered over the day, but all shooters toughed it out.

Remember the comp starts tomorrow o if anyone is free drop on over. The weekend will be a good one with the Creedmoor itself being shot, and display stands catering to all types of shooter's needs.

Definitely worth a trip over for anyone interested in long range target shooting. Plus you can get talking to both the Irish FTR team and the USA team including some of the guys from Team Savage.

Is Sunday the big day or is it Saturday??

The Creedmoor match will run both days so either is a good day to come along. The display stands etc. will on both days also. However Sunday will be the second/final day of Creedmor shooting, and the awards will be presented afterwards.

Thanks I hope I can make it up at the weekend.

What I ment was if I was going for 1 day then will Sunday be the best.

Thanks Ezridax and good luck to everyone tomorrow!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

DSC00627.jpg

DSC00628.jpg

DSC00629.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 applelodge

Any Results for the F-Open

applelodge wrote: »
    Any Results for the F-Open

I only toke photos of the F/TR cause I knew some doing it and knew no one in the F Open

Nice one dev ;)

I know some of the Irish lads names.

Any chance of a full list of names with countries?

Ezridax wrote: »
    ....You can shoot anywhere in the world, but until you've shot in the Midlands you haven't experienced true changing winds. :D:)

Have you tried An Riocht, in Castelmaine? :eek: Great range to put manners on your confidence :cool:

• Advertisement

Nice one dev ;)

I know some of the Irish lads names.

Any chance of a full list of names with countries?

I will be up there early tomorrow and will have a word with Jim and see if he can sort me out.

I can tell you some Americans as they are on Team Savage

Darrell Buell
    Dale Carpenter
    Monte Milanuk
    Stan Pate
    Jeff Rorer

Also today in the F Open at a 1000yards a guy shooting a 6xc his windage adjustment knob stopped clicking and he had no windage adjustment. He said he was aim on the target next to him to hit around the V on his own target.

Want a time for a nightforce to decide to let go :o

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭meathshooter1

dev110 wrote: »
    I will be up there early tomorrow and will have a word with Jim and see if he can sort me out.

I can tell you some Americans as they are on Team Savage

Darrell Buell
    Dale Carpenter
    Monte Milanuk
    Stan Pate
    Jeff Rorer

here is a list of the usa team
    had the honour of meeting them on monday lovely people

Darrell Buell – Captain
    Bryan Otey – Vice-Captain
    Nancy Tompkins – Coach
    Michelle Gallagher – Coach
    Robert Mead – Coach
    Rick Hunt – Coach
    Kathy Buell – Adjutant
    Larry Bartholome
    Robert Bock
    John Brewer
    Dale Carpenter
    John Chilton
    Erik Cortina
    Warren Dean
    Rick Jensen
    Monte Milanuk
    Jim Murphy
    Don Nagel
    Stanley Pate
    Tony Robertson
    Jeff Rorer
    Sierra Scott
    Larry Taite
    Kathy Milanuk – Alternate

Are there any other countries shooting?

Are there any other countries shooting?

On Friday it is Europe v USA so there probably will be other countries. Will try find out today. Will be heading up shortly

DSC00637-1.jpg

DSC00638-1.jpg

DSC00639-1.jpg

Also got the agg scores for F/TR Day 1

DSC00640-1.jpg

FTR

DSC00641.jpg

DSC00642.jpg

F Open

DSC00644.jpg

That's all the results that were up before I had to go and head for work. Will get the rest tomorrow morning before work again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

Dev you are my hero. Thanks for putting up the scores.

Any photos I am taking are here.

• Advertisement

poulo6.5 wrote: »
    Dev you are my hero. Thanks for putting up the scores.

+1 :)

Advertisement