Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creedmoor Cup 2011

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Forgive my ignorance :o ... but why the towel over the scope in one of the pic's??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

Forgive my ignorance :o ... but why the towel over the scope in one of the pic's??

I'm only guessing but I see a lot of lads up there with covers over their scopes and I am guessing it's because of the wind whipping up the sand from all over the range. It's like being in a sand storm up there sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

Poulo is right it is to prevent any sand getting in the chamber. The wind can really throw a lot of sand around.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭meathshooter1

heres a few results

Irish F-Class National Champion (F-T/R):

Darrell Buell (USA) - 415-24v
    Adrian Casey (ROI) - 406-19v
    Jeff Rorer (USA) - 405-21v
    John Chilton (USA) - 403-19v
    Monte Milanuk (USA) - 400-27v
    Stephen Doyle (ROI) - 400-16v
    David Comerford (ROI) - 396-21v
    Michelle Gallagher (USA) - 395-17v
    John O'Donoghue (ROI) - 394-18v
    Warren Dean (USA) - 394-15v

F-Open
    Larry Bartholome (USA) - 440-36x
    John Brewer (USA) - 432-42v
    Bob Bock (USA) - 430-38v
    Rick Jensen (USA) - 430-33v
    Don Nagel (USA) - 429-33v
    Jim Murphy (USA) - 429-30v
    John Campbell (UK) - 429-23v
    Robert Mead (USA) - 425-24v
    Larry Taite (USA) - 423-32v
    Conor Murphy (ROI) - 422-27v

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

A quick picture of the F-open lads on the firing line.

picture.php?albumid=939&pictureid=9916

A couple of the hard working ROs catching a rare break. They are doing are fantastic job at keeping everything running smoothly.

picture.php?albumid=939&pictureid=9917
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 applelodge

Any word on who is in the team's for 2moro and the Sat/Sun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

All the scores from day one are up on the NRAI website at the moment...

todays results

Team USA (both squads) won the USA vs. Europe Team Matches today

Team USA F-T/R: 1853 - 109v
    Team Europe F-T/R: 1773 - 88v

...Team USA F-Open: 1961 - 162v
    Team Europe F-Open: 1928 - 144v

A wet and windy day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,066 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Whats the weather been like up there today??It is bucketing non stop down in Limerick:(.So I cant imagine it being much better 50 miles further up the country??

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭ejg

I'll chance a trip up tomorrow, weather doesn't look to great for the weekend. I only rained once down south here today....hasn't stopped yet.
    edi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

This seems to answer that Grizzly :(

sHlnb.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

I was there for the last shoot, twas spitting rain but wasn too bad. Near the end it started coming down alright. They got it finished just as it was getting bad.
    Edit: Having said that i wasn lying down shooting.

todays results

Team USA (both squads) won the USA vs. Europe Team Matches today

Team USA F-T/R: 1853 - 109v
    Team Europe F-T/R: 1773 - 88v

...Team USA F-Open: 1961 - 162v
    Team Europe F-Open: 1928 - 144v

A wet and windy day

That's a pity was up there today but had to leave for work before the final result. The F/TR lads shot very well today and I am disappointed they didn't win.

Congrats to USA all the same.

USA leading by 214 after the first day was in the butts today marking some lovely shooting

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Galway Elvis

USA leading by 214 after the first day was in the butts today marking some lovely shooting

The shooting looked very good from the firing line also. The whole effort was very professional.

Just for future reference and knowledge does anyone on here know what the wind speeds were today in the afternoon?

The shooting looked very good from the firing line also. The whole effort was very professional.

Just for future reference and knowledge does anyone on here know what the wind speeds were today in the afternoon?

One of the F Open lads said it was changing from 6 to 17 mph.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

Very tricky conditions today.
    Some wizard wind calls made and good scores from all shooters and wind coaches given what they were dealing with. AFAIK About 15 - 20 mph fishtailing at 6 O'C but switching left and right too. Very nasty.

Can't remember the overall scores breakdown of the top of my head but on the FTR side of things the USA have a relatively narrow lead over Ireland :

USA FTR 1710 ex 2000
    Ireland FTR 1624 ex 2000

So whilst the Creedmoor Cup will be decided on the combined F Open and FTR scores, its great to see the Ireland FTR Team entering the second with a minor score difference to assail.

Tomorrows a New Day! ;)

the wind was very tricky kept changing direction sand was blowing everywhere in the butts.tommorrow is meant to be warmer might cause problems with mirage with all the water about,best of luck to all for tommorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭stick shooter

Mirage might work as an advantage for the american team , As they are quiet adapt to reading the mirage to access wind speed and direction among other things .

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Very impressive shooting from both teams. The wind didn't look like it was changing direction much but with it being that strong it didn't have to change much to make a big difference.

I was having trouble keeping my spotting scope steady through some of the gusts! :eek: Of course having my spotting scope stand (a.k.a. Ezridax's jeep) start up and drive off while I was watching didn't help. The cheek! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

IRLConor wrote: »
    ............. Of course having my spotting scope stand (a.k.a. Ezridax's jeep) start up and drive off while I was watching didn't help. The cheek! :pac:

I apologised for that, but after 3 hours of scoring you take any opportunity you get to go to the toilet. :):o

Was pretty harsh today. As dCorbus said a nasty tailwind switching direction slightly from just off 6 o'clock in either right or left direction. At the speeds that were blowing today it lead to fairly large deviations in POI.

Still and all, was some really good shooting, and some stand out performances by a few.

Have to say i really enjoyed the gun displays on inside the clubhouse. Seen tomcatt220's 6XC. NICE. :cool: One of many fine rifles on display, not to mention the Sightron scopes have somewhat peaked my interest.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Mirage might work as an advantage for the american team , As they are quiet adapt to reading the mirage to access wind speed and direction among other things .

The Irish lads have plenty of experience with mirage too I'd imagine. MNSCI seems to be able to produce mirage on the most unlikely of days. I have to use a polariser fairly often even on the 50m range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

dCorbus wrote: »
    ........So whilst the Creedmoor Cup will be decided on the combined F Open and FTR scores, its great to see the Ireland FTR Team entering the second with a minor score difference to assail.........

Surley, the two parts of the Irish Team will win or loose together ;)

Don't let them Yanks come over here and take our women trophies :D

Come on lads, never say die !!!!!!!! I KNOW ye can do it :cool:

We're all behind ye 100 % :)

IRLConor wrote: »
    The Irish lads have plenty of experience with mirage too I'd imagine. MNSCI seems to be able to produce mirage on the most unlikely of days. I have to use a polariser fairly often even on the 50m range.

I am not saying the irish cant work mirage . And fair play they are doing a fantastic job and are putting it up to the american teams :D. All i am saying is most of the americans can read the mirages as well as they can read flags thats all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

I am not saying the irish cant work mirage . And fair play they are doing a fantastic job and are putting it up to the american teams :D. All i am saying is most of the americans can read the mirages as well as they can read flags thats all.

So if you are from America you can read mirage and flags but if you are Irish and for no other reason than being Irish you can't do this.

This comes from the same man that says you shouldn't practice shooting. You just buy a gun and that's it you can hit what you want with no practice.

You like stirring don't you.

I appolagise for lowering the tone of this tread but this kind of comment is rediculas and I feel like I have to comment.

Well done Irish team tomorrow is another day don't give up yet. We are all behind ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭tfox

Just out of interest guys did the muzzle-loading rigby rifle work down there today.....?:rolleyes:

poulo6.5 wrote: »
    So if you are from America you can read mirage and flags but if you are Irish and for no other reason than being Irish you can't do this.

This comes from the same man that says you shouldn't practice shooting. You just buy a gun and that's it you can hit what you want with no practice.

You like stirring don't you.

I appolagise for lowering the tone of this tread but this kind of comment is rediculas and I feel like I have to comment.

Well done Irish team tomorrow is another day don't give up yet. We are all behind ye.

Paulo6.5 please pull your horns back in . I guess you have totally missed my point plus i never said anything demeaning about the irish team quiet opposite . Why this personal attack . Because after talking to some american competitors they said they read mirages as well as they read flags. I think with the weather that there is in most states in america they have more experience in reading mirage than we do over here. I was talking to darrell buell the weekend and he explained how they train using mirage aswell as wind flags . I said in earlier post the irish have done fantastic and i stand by that . So paulo6.5 you should appolagise for lowering the tone of this thread .

Poulo6.5 ................ :rolleyes: come on this thread is/should be above the usual bickering :D

Poulo6.5 ................ :rolleyes: come on this thread is/should be above the usual bickering :D

bunnyshooter your dead right . The irish are performing fantastic and for adrain casey to have came second in ftr shows the dedication of the irish team against the arguably best team in the world .:D And not to mention the fantastic shooting of the rest of the irish squad . They have done us proud . Fair play .

• Advertisement

+1 stickshooter ;)

Speaking of which anyone got more scores?

I'm gutted I can't make it up there :mad:

Advertisement