Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creedmoor Cup 2011

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

+1 stickshooter ;)

Speaking of which anyone got more scores?

I'm gutted I can't make it up there :mad:

What scores are you looking for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

dev110 wrote: »
    What scores are you looking for?

Maybe I'm having a blonde moment or two and there here :eek:

Have we yesterday and todays?

Maybe I'm having a blonde moment or two and there here :eek:

Have we yesterday and todays?

Yesterday was a team event and meathshooter1 has them up and I didn't have my camera with me today to take a picture of the individual scores today but I know that Adrian Casey did the best for the F/TR part.
    Will get them tomorrow hopefully. And stick them up for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,066 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Best of luck to either the Irish or US teams tomrrow. I can celebrate with either teams winning.;)

BTW How is the reloading situation progressing??Have any of the PTB been down to see that there is no hideous dark arts involved,and that no virgin human sacrifices are required on the reloading bench??
    Also,has any media or press turned up??Been avidly going thru the national papers ,and I havent seen a mention of it???

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Just in incase ye haven't heard USA won the Creedmoor Cup. Don't have the final results as they weren't put up but was talking to Adrian Casey and he was saying that the results were some what similar to day 1. USA won by 100 points or that.

DAY 1

DSC00674.jpg

DSC00675.jpg

Also got to hold a rigby (???) rifle which is genuine and was the same type of rifle used in the last Creedmoor Cup.

DSC00676.jpg

Have a few photos of the presentations here
    Got in from work abit late and missed the presentations for the individual events.

I think it is now time to get ready to have a drink with both teams ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭meathshooter1

just rushing in and back out the door final result was USA won by 317,dont have any indi scores,sure someone will post them soon.all in all it was a great week for Irish shooting sports.and congratulations to all the shooters you have done us proud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Congratulations to all the Irish lads :cool:

Onwards & upwards from here ;)

Congratulations to the USA team :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭tfox

Also got to hold a rigby (???) rifle which is genuine and was the same type of rifle used in the last Creedmoor Cup.

Looks the same as the one I was playing with on Fri prior to it heading down on Saturday.

It's a .451 muzzle loader percussion gun firing a whopping 535 grain (1oz), big kick out of it and drills a hell of a hole into a lump of timber :D

The one my friend brought down to MNSCI had the rear sight for the butt of the stock aswell for shooting back gun, along with all the original tools and accessories and even some original paper cased rigby bullets, lovely family heirloom :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Well thats it all over for, at least for 4 years. There are so many people to thank for such a terrific week.

Firstly JP Craven. His tireless drive to create the best range in the country is a credit to him. A man that has sacrificed alot to further our sport. Without him none of this would have been possible.

To Stephen Hogan. A quiet lad, but works endlessly and often without praise and always without pay. It was his organising, and planning of the entire event that made it run so smoothly.

The American team. True sports persons and a credit to shooting. They were great fun, a pleasure to talk to, and a great challenge to shoot against. Had the pleasure of getting to know all of them over the last week, but a few stand out. Darrel Buell, Patty Meade, Nancy, Michelle, Bob Bock, and not to forget the honourary Irishman Stan Pate. They were terrific sports and didn't take themselves too seriously. I look forward to seeing them again over the coming years and comps and of course in the next Creedmoor in 4 years.

The Irish Team. What can i say, but WELL DONE LADS. You were a credit to club and country. You carried yourselves with dignity and gave a great showing of the ability of Irish shooters. From a personal point of view i would like to make special mention of the FTR squad. For a team that has only been together for approx. 12 months and with members that relatively new to FTR shooting i truely believe that you can hold your heads high,and count yourselves among the best.

The ROs. As is often said they have a hard job and don't get much recognition. They kept the range and shoot running smoothly and without any incidents. They were always around, but never "seen" until needed. So to Tony, Christy, JP, and Tom well done lads.

The Butt Crew. Without these people the comp would have been almost impossible to run. They were members and family & friends of members. They worked for 5/6/7 hours scoring, marking, and working behind the scenes. A big thank you to them all. You all know who you are.

The Clean up Crew. The ladies (and lads) who worked to keep all the shooters and spectators fed and watered. They also worked for weeks leading up to the shoot cleaning the range and preparing all the facilities for our guests.

The Trades Men. Fergal White, Enda Welsh, Fieldsports, Edi Graf (PSE) and Jim Griffin all put on a good show of both rifles and accessories. To see some of the items available was great. Rather than reading about a scope i had the chance to pick it up ad try it. Also the display of custom rifles that were the creations of joint ventures between Fergal White and Enda Welsh were spectacular. I believe tomcatt220's 6XC stole the show. a beautiful rifle and a credit to both builder and owner.

Its a pity some distributors did not avail of the opportunity to display their goods. Such as having Team Savage there would have been an opportunity to put on a Savage display as the amount of people looking at the team's rifles then enquiring about which to get. Maybe next time.

The Stats crew. Paul Smith ( and i'm sure there are others)for dedicating his week to doing up the stats and generally working behind the scenes.

A final thank you to all the spectators that attended and to all the guys on here for all the best wishes. They were gratefully received and appreciated.

I know i'm forgetting one or two, but i will add them as i think of them.

Ez.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Its been a truly fantastic week,and the lads have done us proud sportsmen to the last,Ive been a member in MNSCI since 04 or midlands as it was know then, its been a pleasure to see the sport develop since then and produce as Darrell Buell said himself today, a worldclass range and shooters.Also to see team USA in action afterall they are number one in the world.well done to everybody I know a few who will get a well deserved rest and probally sleep for a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭sfakiaman

Only made it down on Sunday to work on the butt crew but it was a privilige to take part in such a professionally run event. Corgrats to all who took part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Off the web:
    Yanks Dominate Creedmoor Matches in Ireland

The Creedmoor Cup F-Class events in Ireland have come to a close. The Irish hosts ran a great match and the American shooters proved their prowess — winning both team and individual titles. Here’s how the events were scheduled so you can keep things in order: after several practice days, the two-day NRA-Ireland F-Class Individual Championships was held Wednesday and Thursday last week. Then, on Friday, competitors divided into F-Open and F-T/R squads to shoot the USA vs. Europe matches. On Saturday and Sunday, the main event, the two-day Creedmoor Cup Match was held. All of these matches were conducted on the brand new 1200-yard range in Tullamore. The Irish are to be commended for constructing such a great range in a relatively short time.

creedcup01.jpg

American Shooters Dominate Team and Individual Events
    We don’t have all the scores yet, but we do have key results. We’re proud to announce that the USA won the main Creedmoor Cup event! Prior to that, on Friday, the Yanks prevailed in the Europe vs. USA Challenge match (sort of like the Ryder Cup). Forum Member Erik Cortina reports: “I’m not 100% on the numbers but I know we beat them by about 110 points shooting in the rain! We have a very strong team and excellent wind coaches!”

creedcup02.jpg

In the individual competitions held during the week, American shooters also topped the podium. In F-T/R individual competition, Darrell Buell won the championship with a solid performance. Larry Bartholome shot superbly in windy conditions to win the F-Open match. (Larry was using a Precision Rifle & Tool Low Boy stock, Nightforce scope and a SEB Neo Rest.) Larry’s compatriots also shot well — there were nine Americans among the top 11 F-Open shooters. That is definitely a dominant performance by our talented F-Open squad.

creedcup03.jpg

Here are some reports from Ireland that came in from Forum members Erik Cortina and TonyR over the last few days:

Sunday, 6/26: “The second day of the Creedmoor Match was completed today and the USA has won the Gold Medal. I haven’t seen the score but I’m sure it will show up at some point. Shooting conditions were again tough with high speed fishtail tail winds that switched rapidly but our wind coaches, Bob Mead, Nancy Tompkins, Michelle Gallagher, Dale Carpenter, Jim Murphy, and Ricky Hunt were up to the challenge. The Irish Team were great hosts and we all had a wonderful time. They put together a new range with this event in mind in just a few months and it is something to be proud of.” — TonyR

Saturday, 6/25: “Shot the first day of the Creedmoor Cup today. Winds were tough! We had a fishtailing wind from 5-7 o’clock and we were being pushed into the 3 ring with ease, the F-T/R guys were going into the 1′s! We didn’t have a good day, we dropped 434 out of 4,000, but they had a worst day than we did, they dropped 648 points! So to say winds were tough is an understatement! We are having tons of fun regardless.” — Erik

creedcup05.jpg

Friday, 6/24: “We just finished shooting the Europe vs. USA Challenge. I’m not 100% on the numbers but I know we beat them by about 110 points shooting in the rain! We have a very strong team and excellent wind coaches!” — Erik

Thursday, 6/23: “Larry shot great today [to win the F-Open Championship]! In F-Open, there were 9 of us in the top 11. This is an awesome range! We have been shooting in 25 +- winds for two days and it’s fun when you can stay ahead of the wind, but if you get behind it, it’s not fun at all…” — Erik

Want to see more photos from Ireland, and read more reports from the competitors? You’ll find more info about the Creedmoor events, match results, plus linked photo galleries on the USA F-T/R Team’s new Facebook Page. Log on to: http://www.facebook.com/us.rifle.team.

creedcupbig.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

I only managed 2 attend a few snippets of the Comps.
    I have to say it was great to Chat Bob Bock, Jim Murphy and Ireland's own Liam Fenlon (whom I discovered that it had been 11 years :eek: since I spoke to him last).
    I did not get an Audience with His Holiness Adrian Casey, but I hope to soon.
    Some of the local(ish) MNSCI Members were all in attendance and also did us proud.
    165054.jpg
    There was a guy with a 6XC that showed that with a bit more practice at

I really liked the Tube Rifles.
    I have to say the US Guys were a good bunch of guys, who were only glad to share tid bits of info with us.
    My biggest regret was I did not take a few of the guys shooting Bunnies, as they seemed Keen to Sample our hunting.
    165050.jpg
    I liked their Tube Guns ;)

have a look at Darrell Buell in action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjtNWwLcZL4

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭stick shooter

have a look at Darrell Buell in action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjtNWwLcZL4

I spoke to Darrell Buell and he is not just a fantastic shooter but he is a pure gent aswell . He is the kind of guy that you ask a question and he goes out of his way to answer it .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭customrifle

Just after printing the Tullamore Tribune there, full page write up on the creedmoor in the sports section

Just after printing the Tullamore Tribune there, full page write up on the creedmoor in the sports section

Can anyone print that off, or do you have to be a subscriber?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭customrifle

It's this weeks paper it ll be in the shops today. There are few left over here can keep some if they are wanted

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Hondata92

There was a guy with a 6XC that showed that with a bit more practice at

I know ive had a long day but is there part of that sentence missing:confused:
    I liked their Tube Guns ;)

Is that a Tubbs 2000 tube gun??

I was up there sunday and seen "custom rifle irelands" stand and was very impressed with the rifles on display

2rdyh76.jpg

Yes a bit of sentence missing, a guy who shot 3 times ever at MNSCI did very well with a 6XC

And NO it was not a Dave Tubbs gun, I asked the same question to yer man warren. It is more like Mechano as it is modular, and he had a NF 12-42x56 on board.

Fergal wanted to show my rifle, but my stock is a bit rough around the edges to go on display :o
    I hope to get the stock on mine tidied up with the help of a fellow boards.ie member soon so it would be worth displaying ;)
    And I hope to get a few more boxes of 75 grain superformance to push my .223 as far as she can go on the windmill range:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

Hondata92 wrote: »
    Is that a Tubbs 2000 tube gun??

AFAIK It's an Eliseo with an Inch action (check out Warren Dean's blog about the gun here: http://warrendean-actionclear.blogspot.com/2011/05/warren-dean-team-actionclear.html)

BTW Thanks to everyone for all the support on here and down on the range during the event! I know it was much appreciated by myself and the others. So, thank you all!

dC

Awarding of the cup.

picture.php?albumid=939&pictureid=9993
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

I think to finish this thread nicely would be to find out from Ezridax and dCorbus what dedication and commitment it takes to compete with the best. From the amount of training to other little details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭tomcat220t

Yes a bit of sentence missing, a guy who shot 3 times ever at MNSCI did very well with a 6XC

And NO it was not a Dave Tubbs gun, I asked the same question to yer man warren. It is more like Mechano as it is modular, and he had a NF 12-42x56 on board.

Fergal wanted to show my rifle, but my stock is a bit rough around the edges to go on display :o
    I hope to get the stock on mine tidied up with the help of a fellow boards.ie member soon so it would be worth displaying ;)
    And I hope to get a few more boxes of 75 grain superformance to push my .223 as far as she can go on the windmill range:cool:
    Cheers tac,really enjoyed the week up there and learnt a great deal while shooting at it .You soon realizes we have some of the most talented shooters in the world!

tomcat220t wrote: »
    Cheers tac,really enjoyed the week up there and learnt a great deal while shooting at it .You soon realizes we have some of the most talented shooters in the world!

Ah yeah, I lucked out being a Midlands man, I had a lot of those guys on my doorstep.
    If I ever go into the Target game it will be the 6XC all the way.

In a warren Dean configuration :D
    I had a good chin wag with him and Slim Jim Murphy

I think to finish this thread nicely would be to find out from Ezridax and dCorbus what dedication and commitment it takes to compete with the best. From the amount of training to other little details.

There is no magic solution or trick in shooting. Same as a good stalker or any other top shooter. Practise, practise, practise.

Trigger time will tell you more than any book or ballistic calculator. Remember these are tools not guarantees. Always talk to more experienced shooter. I would consider myself a decent shooter (although the individual scores in the Creedmoor do not reflect this :o) but i never ignore or dismiss any advice, help or hints offered to me. I'm also not to shy/embarrassed to ask for help. There are plenty of lads there to help, just ask. There are also plenty of lads available to take new comers out the the range and get them shooting. Once you pull the trigger and the board comes up, even with a 1 score, at 1,000 yards the feeling is great.

Lads, at the end of the day (all credit to FTR shooting :D) its not an expensive sport. €3000 or there abouts will have anyone with a setup that could easily take part with the rest of the existing shooters. People are put off by the supposed price, time, and belief, or lack thereof, in their own ability.

We spent the last 18 months working together as a team and although it was the Creedmoor we put the same amount of time, effort into this shoot as we would with any shoot. The thing that puts the biggest smile on my face is wearing the Ireland shirt and knowing that i'm part of something bigger than me. Sounds a bit naff, but you get the idea.

I would offer this open ended invite to anyone that may have an interest in F-Class shooting. Come down to the midlands. There are enough of us on here and in the club itself to take anyone interested in it and show them its not the "scary monster" that everyone may think it is. Just ask dCorbus. A real case of what can be accomplished with determination and a, dare i say it, passion for the sport in a realtively short period of time.
    .......... really enjoyed the week up there................!

Was a good week alright. Will you tell your brother that i will be around this Saturday. He will know what its about. Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

From the US team's website:
    Creedmoor Cup Team Match Results
    Posted on 2011/06/26 by m.milanuk
    The first day of the Creedmoor Cup saw absolutely brutal conditions: winds varying in speed from 6-24 mph as measured behind the firing line, and switching rapidly from 5-7 o’clock (i.e. half-value one way to half-value the other way) very, very quickly. Accounts of shooters firing side by side within seconds of each other, with the same wind correction on their guns, and having the bullets impact 3+ moa different on target were not uncommon. The wind coaches were pulling every trick out of the bag trying to keep shooters in the black. The strong tail wind also caused considerable grief in terms of vertical at times. To be honest, I think even the Irish team was taken by surprise by the conditions – the talk behind the line was that this was a new and previously unseen condition on this particular range. By the end of the first day, the American wind coaching staff (Bob Mead, Nancy Tompkins, Michelle Gallagher, Jim Murphy, Rick Hunt and Dale Carpenter) had gained a lead of almost 200 points.

Day two started off with everyone anxiously eyeballing the wind flags which were blowing from approx. 4-5:30 o’clock, and hoping that they *stayed* that way. As the day progressed and the teams moved back from yard line to yard line, the wind came around to more from 2-4 o’clock. This was not a condition that the American team had yet experienced on this range, as the wind had been almost exclusively from the left during the practice, individual and Europe vs. USA match days. The hard work and practice that the Irish team had been putting in preparing for the match paid dividends, bringing them within 24 points of the USA team for the day.

The final score was USA: 7166 – 332v to Ireland: 6849 – 265v. Keep in mind that this is on the international scoring system of 5-v targets… For the 16 man Team, in the US scoring, this would be 14,332 – 664x.

All in all, a great finish to a trip (only the first half, for some of us). There were some long days, but often followed by long evenings making new ties with our Irish friends and enjoying their incredible hospitality. Every one on the USA team is looking forward to the next time we get the privilege of returning to the world-class facility of the Midlands National Shooting Centre.

Ah yeah, I lucked out being a Midlands man, I had a lot of those guys on my doorstep.
    If I ever go into the Target game it will be the 6XC all the way.

In a warren Dean configuration :D
    I had a good chin wag with him and Slim Jim Murphy
    What sort of configuration was that ,tac?I am very happy with my choice of caliber .Its a great little round for some body starting out in target shooting !

Ezridax wrote: »
    There is no magic solution or trick in shooting. Same as a good stalker or any other top shooter. Practise, practise, practise.

Trigger time will tell you more than any book or ballistic calculator. Remember these are tools not guarantees. Always talk to more experienced shooter. I would consider myself a decent shooter (although the individual scores in the Creedmoor do not reflect this :o) but i never ignore or dismiss any advice, help or hints offered to me. I'm also not to shy/embarrassed to ask for help. There are plenty of lads there to help, just ask. There are also plenty of lads available to take new comers out the the range and get them shooting. Once you pull the trigger and the board comes up, even with a 1 score, at 1,000 yards the feeling is great.

Lads, at the end of the day (all credit to FTR shooting :D) its not an expensive sport. €3000 or there abouts will have anyone with a setup that could easily take part with the rest of the existing shooters. People are put off by the supposed price, time, and belief, or lack thereof, in their own ability.

We spent the last 18 months working together as a team and although it was the Creedmoor we put the same amount of time, effort into this shoot as we would with any shoot. The thing that puts the biggest smile on my face is wearing the Ireland shirt and knowing that i'm part of something bigger than me. Sounds a bit naff, but you get the idea.

I would offer this open ended invite to anyone that may have an interest in F-Class shooting. Come down to the midlands. There are enough of us on here and in the club itself to take anyone interested in it and show them its not the "scary monster" that everyone may think it is. Just ask dCorbus. A real case of what can be accomplished with determination and a, dare i say it, passion for the sport in a realtively short period of time.

Was a good week alright. Will you tell your brother that i will be around this Saturday. He will know what its about. Cheers.
    Will do!
    People should call down ......If i was to be asked a year ago weather i would be interested in shooting in the midlands .....( prob. not) but im glad i called up to see the setup with the new 1200 yard range and meet the guys .It a world class facility from 25 -1200 yards .

• Advertisement

What sort of configuration was that ,tac?I am very happy with my choice of caliber .Its a great little round for some body starting out in target shooting !

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=73023130&postcount=104

Pic of me holding a very nice "Tube Rifle"

Advertisement