Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creedmoor Cup 2011

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Great post. Thank you for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭stick shooter

First and foremost great first post mr Bartholome . Welcome to the site and happy posting .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

Wow, Great First Post, Lbart!
    Thanks for that.

Welcome to our Quiet and Cosy Corner of the Interweb!

It's great that you took the trouble to clarify the level of sponsorship the shooters recieve, as there was indeed some "over-stating" or simple misunderstanding of the amount of back-up the US lads and ladies recieve.

Regardless of what level of supports were in place, the fact that so many US shooters took their own time off and made the effort to travel over to compete, has been a real eye-opener as to the levels of dedication and commitment to the sport which are required to reach the highest levels of achievement.

Thanks.

And welcome to the oft-times rambunctious world of Boards.ie!

dC

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭meathshooter1

welcome Larry
    thanks very much for your post.it was a pleasure and a honor to meet you and the team and to see them in action truly inspireing,it was also a pleasure to see how the irish team has developed over the last few years and they can only get better.the Creedmoor is a great achivement for the NARI,MNSCI. and of course would not have been possible without yourself and team,A BIG Thanks to all of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭BELOWaverageIQ

Unless I am blind , very little has been said about the success or otherwise of reloading for the Irish team.
    What was the view on reloading versus factory ammo and the extra competitive edge gained by reloading?
    I am aware that not all members of the Ftr squad were using re-loads and that HPS-TR was being used etc..Why was this, was reloading not available to all or what ?. I susect the reason was because the reloading was not in on time for people to develope a load ??
    Very curious to know.
    I also heard on numberous occations that the reloaded ammo that was used by the Irish squad was all exactly the same.....same projectile, same charge etc etc.....surely that is not true as it would totally defeat the purpose of reloading and the chance to obtaine rifle specific ammo.

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Unless I am blind , very little has been said about the success or otherwise of reloading for the Irish team.

That's over here...

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Hondata92

Anyone read the article in the august edition of Irish shooters Digest about the creedmoor cup or the snippet in Sporting Rifle, both printed that William Bartholome won the F-Open yet it was LARRY Bartholome :rolleyes:

I can understand if William goes by Larry (middle name possibly) but he is only ever known as Larry.

Other than that the artice in ISD was ok but personally i expected a better write up

Hondata92 wrote: »
    Other than that the artice in ISD was ok but personally i expected a better write up

ISD. 'nuff said, really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 PMS

Hondata92 wrote: »
    Anyone read the article in the august edition of Irish shooters Digest about the creedmoor cup or the snippet in Sporting Rifle, both printed that William Bartholome won the F-Open yet it was LARRY Bartholome :rolleyes:

All the names of each competitor were submitted to the NRAI prior to this shooting competition.

On the first day of the competition both I and CG requested the attendance of team captains / representatives to the Stats Office in order to verify and confirm all names and the spelling of same as submitted.

At that time, each team captain / representative checked the list of their teams and their individual shooters and confirmed same by signing off and dating the list as being correct.

Mr Bartholome was listed and signed off by his team captain / representative as William Bartholome competing in F-Open.

One can only deal with the information and detail as submitted, and as stated above, it was confirmed as correct by his team captain / representative.

Paul Smith.
    Stats Office for the Creedmoor Challenge 2011.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Ez, Lads, all,
    Looking for a place to store your ammo? Look no further.

The NRA, America's that is, has issued the Creedmoor Commemorative Ammo Box. Although, it is far too pretty to use for ammo, I am thinking about getting one for other bits and pieces.
    22099ps.jpg

• Advertisement

Target Shooter Online has a nice writeup of the Creedmoor Cup this month...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

A very good write up. :cool::)
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Excellent write-up!

tac

Advertisement