Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mullingar Cafe

Options
  • 10-05-2011 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

Hi. Just looking for a nice cafe in Mullingar. Heading there tomorrow. Somewhere that does soup and a sambo will do that is reasonable. Also will have a small child with me so need a baby chair. I don't really know the area so directions from Tyrellspass (N52) would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

The Greville Arms - does lovely food and is reasonably priced, they also provide baby chairs as far as I know.

The Bakery - it is on Dominick Street, they are slightly more expensive than the Greville, but the food is nice. They do a lovely Mocha as well.

Ilia - on Pearse Street, they are expensive, no idea what their food is like though. I was there once, had a Mocha, think it was €7 or thereabouts.

Gallery 29 Café - on the main street. I have never been there so don't know whats its like.

Fraynes Bakery - on Mount St. Never had food there, only ever got take away buns/cakes, but I have seen food served there. No idea what the food pricing is like though, cakes/buns aren't too expensive.

The Spiced Bean - on Mary St, again I've never been there so don't know what it is like.

The Coffee Dock - on Castle St. I've never been there so don't know what it is like.

Chocolate Brown - nice Mocha, never had food there so don't know what it is like.

Cafe le Monde - Harbour Place shopping centre, no idea what the pricing is like.

I haven't been there for years simply because I never liked their food, thought it was absolute dirt, but as I said, I haven't been there for years, so it may be different now, I don't know.

Those are all the places that I know of, there could be more, I am not sure though.

Out of all those the Greville would be the most reasonably priced (in my opinion), think a soup, roll and drink (water/coke etc) is about €5 or thereabouts. They also provide baby chairs, I am not sure if any of the other café's do, sorry.

I don't know about directions either, sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Spiced Bean was absolutely lovely, I thought. Right near the Cathedral afaik, between there and Galvin's/Lingi's intersection. Memory might be fuzzy though, could be one of the streets on either side.

Rest I'm not mad on.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭aido76

Thanks for the replys guys. A lot of info there Purple_Bobbin. Not mad on going into a hotel. Might have a look at the spiced bean (if I can find it:)) or Fraynes Bakery. Is there parking handy around any of these places, like a car park or is it on street parking? Buggy can be awkward if place is small :(. Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

aido76 wrote: »
    Thanks for the replys guys. A lot of info there Purple_Bobbin. Not mad on going into a hotel. Might have a look at the spiced bean (if I can find it:)) or Fraynes Bakery. Is there parking handy around any of these places, like a car park or is it on street parking? Buggy can be awkward if place is small :(. Thanks again.
    I can barely fit in the door of Fraynes and I am a size 8-10, theres no hope of getting a buggy in there.:(

I have no idea about the Spiced Bean, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭thegoodgirl

As far as I can remember the Spiced bean is very small downstairs so you'd have to carry the buggy upstairs.

I do like the bakery food is always gorgeous and the staff are great too.
    Gallery 29 used to be lovely but lately the portions have gotten smaller and the prices are way to high for what you get.

Illa is like the spiced bean small enough so hard to manage with a buggy I'd say.

Cons pub and Bed nightclub both so lovely lunches as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭aido76

I ended up in the Bakery. Got parked down the street from it and because of the weather decided not to take the extra journey to the Spiced bean. The Bakery is very nice. Quite big and plenty of baby chairs. There was a good crowd in it while I was there and also alot of young children. The food was lovely if a little expensive. Staff were great and very friendly (don't know how they keep so thin looking at all the nice buns and cakes on display). Baby changing unit in the toilet was a bonus. I would recommend it. Thanks again for all the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭jenniwenni

Has anyone tried Cafe Brioche on mount street. I've heard they are expanding, so I'm thinking they must have been getting great business.

Also Bed, is another one whose menu looks fab, but I've never gotten around to trying it

Advertisement