Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else get kicked for being too good?

Options
  • 10-05-2011 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭

Just sprayed down half a dozen enemies with my thompson , within a minute, really getting into the game . Next thing i know get kicked from server reason aimbot, what a load of crap , really mad right now , anyone else have similar experiences

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Just sprayed down half a dozen enemies with my thompson , within a minute, really getting into the game . Next thing i know get kicked from server reason aimbot, what a load of crap , really mad right now , anyone else have similar experiences

Yep. Myself and Wonda Boy are always being accused of hacking.

Funny though, considering the proliferation of aimbotters, and they're so easy to spot.

I was on a server last night and one sad git aimbotting, was 40-0 on Laguna Presa rush.

Its very fcuking sad. But yeah, been kicked lots of times for raping. Adn then giving some grief back to them in chat...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Yep. Myself and Wonda Boy are always being accused of hacking.

Funny though, considering the proliferation of aimbotters, and they're so easy to spot.

I was on a server last night and one sad git aimbotting, was 40-0 on Laguna Presa rush.

Its very fcuking sad. But yeah, been kicked lots of times for raping. Adn then giving some grief back to them in chat...
    Half the time its petty mods on their own ****ty little server who think they are top dog. To make it worse i had died a few times in the game already so it was obvious i wasnt cheating

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Had the same problems in Vietnam. Got kicked from 3/4 servers before I gave up for a few weeks :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭BULLER

Over the years of bf2 I've been kicked a few times for no apparent reason other than the fact I was completely mopping up. It normally happens in the smaller servers where there's less than 16 people on an asshole running it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭johnboysligo

Ive been kicked from bc2 servers to make room for an admin on a sever with 12/24 :P

back in the battlefield 2 heyday you could report the server and have its ranked status revoked or in the worst cases have the server shutdown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

You haven't 'beaten' an online FPS game unless you've been falsely accused of hacking.

Win Condition #1

Scratch that.

I get kicked all the time.... its a bit of an inconvenience alright but you get used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

I've also got kicked on clan servers to "make room for members".

Pita when you've been doing well and lose your stats in an instant.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

BULLER wrote: »
    It normally happens in the smaller servers where there's less than 16 people on an asshole running it...

Yup. If it looks like you're better than the guy running the server...poof out you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

real pain in the hole but i guess its a perk of being the one paying the server bills.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Been accused of using aimbot before. I was sniping on one of the snow maps and 3-4 people in one little spot, shot, reload, shot again, reload, shot again and kept getting a kill for like a minute because it seemed a medic was reviving them. Got accused after that lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

InTheTrees wrote: »
    I've also got kicked on clan servers to "make room for members".

Pita when you've been doing well and lose your stats in an instant.

You don't 'lose' them per-se. When you *ahem* get disconnected, the stats you accrued are sent by the server to the EA master server either straight away, or at the end of the round, can't remember which, but they definitely don't disappear ;)

Of course, if you join back, you must start again from scratch - but the stats you accrued earlier will still be added to your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

has happened to me but I found a cure. I play on xbox now rather than PC. No stipid rules, no 24/7 of any thing, no wining kids, and no getting kicked for being good. Oh and no hackers either. Gone are my Die hard PC only days....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Im pretty sure the majority of whining kids are found on the consoles mate.
    By the way i also found a cure, play on decent servers, get to know people on them,add them to favourites, sorted!!

As for "stupid rules" id argue servers that limit snipers and ban the carl gustav are a huge plus.
    Such server are there if you want them , thousands more with no rules if you dont want them, its WIN WIN in my book.
    I wont even mention the superior platform :P

No im not saying the xbox doesent have the whining kids just dont have to listen to them or read the bull crap they type into chat.

I also hate joining a server and wondering if I will get in trouble for doing this or doing that it just pisses me off. I fire a rocket at a tank miss and kill an inf and get kicked that sorta thing. I find it very hard to find servers that are set up with rotating maps and a decent number of players on the PC.

And as for decent servers the hackers still find their way on to them but if you can recomend any good servers to me that would be great. assuming they have room.

I do actually have a better KDR with a joy pad than I do with a keyboard and mouse and that is just wrong im my mind but its how it is.... I using PC 12 years and console less than 2....

I do actually have a better KDR with a joy pad than I do with a keyboard and mouse and that is just wrong im my mind but its how it is.... I using PC 12 years and console less than 2....

I would say a larger majority of people who play PC are adults. Console is way more casual so you'd get a lot of 10 year olds. I would say that is a big reason.

true, also I would say the inability of them to use Hax on consoles might help that along also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 java30

Do you guys reckon there will be cheating in BF3? I really hope DICE sort this once and for all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Do cows **** in fields? Of course you will have cheating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭omerin

Never got kicked but have been accused once or twice. Never have or would, seems a waste to me to cheat.
    Must say if you play the squad deathmatch your kill/death ratio will improve a lot, got 6 knife kills from 1 player, don't think he accused me of cheating though :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Stingerbar

Its so chronic, even with so much teamplay, healing teammates, welding.. the little ****ers still kick and ban you

too lazy to get into a clan or 'community', too stupid to stop playing on public servers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

I always got booted in BF2 which i didnt mind so much because you could log back into that same server and all your points would still be there. Bad company on the other hand was a nightmare when you got booted. log back in and having to start from scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I usually only got kicked for jihad jeep/plane/chopper/boating. My personal favourite was lying on a mine, and having the tank try to run me over, but hitting the mine instead :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 merc.ie

Quite a few times in BF2 for excessive jet domination :). PC admins will always claim to be mature, unfortunatley their true colours and biased administrating can rear their heads if you're doing too well.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭helibelly

It great to see players who don't mod or admin whinging. Utlimately if you're that god like why would you want to play on a server where you're kicking everyones ass so much? Ego perhaps. I've see our server die when a demi-god comes on and waxes the floor with everyone. As for spotting aimbots, they standout like a dogs wotits most of the time (KD of 30/2 is often a give away). On the plus side, not long till BF3!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 merc.ie

helibelly wrote: »
    Utlimately if you're that god like why would you want to play on a server where you're kicking everyones ass so much? Ego perhaps. I've see our server die when a demi-god comes on and waxes the floor with everyone. As for spotting aimbots, they standout like a dogs wotits most of the time (KD of 30/2 is often a give away). On the plus side, not long till BF3!

You start BF2, hop on a random server, where the player base and skill level would probably vary a good bit over the course of a few hours depending on who happened to be playing there. So you're doing your thing in a jet/chopper/whatever and it's going well. You're supposed to think "Oh wow this round is going too well, I had better stop trying or leave lest I be considered egotistical and get kicked/banned by an admin"?. No you're not.
    Forget about players being godlike, from what I've seen most angry bans are on the strength of one or two good rounds, or maybe because the admin is in a foul mood and can't take dying at the hands of another player repeatedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭helibelly

well that's fair. I've be kicked more than once from a sever for killing an admin more than once in a round! Find the good severs and put them into your favs. Better still get on a clan and play on your own sever with a side order of teamspeak, it brings a whole new angle to the game. Oh and our sever is BHC:cool:

Advertisement