Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Tel Aviv

Options
  • 10-05-2011 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

Hello there,

My hubby has been offered a position with an American company with a base in Tel Aviv. It will require us to move there for 12 months. I really don't know a whole lot about the place except from news reports and I am hoping someone here has recently lived there and could give me a heads up. Any info would be really appreciated as we have not made a decision yet.:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

Pinky123 wrote: »
    except from news reports

News reports? Tel Aviv is rarely in the news. I think you're thinking of the west bank, gaza, etc.

I have not lived there but was there for a few days holidays (not the same thing obviously). Amazing liberal city (much more liberal than Dublin), great food, great beaches.

I was there with a local so I can't say how friendly people are to strangers.

If I had a shot at 12 months in Tel Aviv, I'd jump at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pinky123

Looks like we will actually be living in Jerusalem so if anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Zirconia
    Boycott Israeli Goods & Services

Lived there in Jerusalem for a while (again working for an American company). While I got to visit some fantastic places and see some wonderful sights, the people there were arrogant, aggressive and extremely rude in general, though there were some exceptions. Actually the arab people there were generally polite despite being treated like a lesser form of life by the Israelies.

I would love to go back to visit some of the places I saw when I lived there, but I would never ever consider living there, even for a few months after my time over there.

Advertisement