Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to Cork

Options
  • 10-05-2011 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hello,

I will be moving to cork to be an Au Pair for the summer, I was hoping to met some other people who might be new to the area.

Bit nervous about the whole experience of living in someone else's house.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Cork's great, really relaxed City. Keep an eye on this forum if you'd like to meet people, there's a monthly drinks session where you can meet some new friendly faces! Welcome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭wispyman

Hi and welcome to Cork

This website seems to always have a lot of Au Pairs looking to make friends:

http://www.newtotown.ie/

What country are you from out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭nessie911

Im from Ireland, but moving to cork for the summer. It was the only summer job I was able to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭wispyman

nessie911 wrote: »
    Im from Ireland, but moving to cork for the summer. It was the only summer job I was able to get.

Well like Paintdoctor says there is normally some kind of meetup happening each month - though there is nothing brewing for May as of yet.

I suppose your best bet is to keep checking in here. Also the general chitchat thread often seems to have the odd social event organised.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭nessie911

wispyman wrote: »
    Well like Paintdoctor says there is normally some kind of meetup happening each month - though there is nothing brewing for May as of yet.

I suppose your best bet is to keep checking in here. Also the general chitchat thread often seems to have the odd social event organised.

Thanks, I did look at the link post above and found a few people who are looking to meet ppl, so will see how it goes. :-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement