Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS1 imports on PS2?????

Options
  • 10-05-2011 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

hi guys,
    trying to find a way to get my playstation 1 games to run on my ps2.
    I've got a slim PS2 with the swap magic lid sensor covers installed. the swap magic discs only work for PS2 games and I'm trying to find out if I can use a PS1 action replay disc or something like that to load import PS1 games.
    I know i can just boot a pal PS1 game and swap the discs while its booting but thats far from a perfect solution.
    So, does anybody have any experience with this?
    And can anybody tell me where i could get a suitable PS1 boot disc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

You use Swap Magic for PS2, why is it suddenly not ideal for PS1 games :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 27 the bass monster

the swap magic discs don't actually work for ps1 games. in order to run an import ps1 game you have to boot a pal ps1 game and switch it out for the import when the playstation logo screen appears. the disc is still spinning when you have to swap them over and the motor makes some horrible grinding noises that you just know are not good. and on top of that there is always problems with the video signal cos you're playing an NTSC game in PAL mode. its a frigging nightmare.
    so I've found out that what I need is a breaker pro disc, but i can't seem to find anywhere that sells them.
    anybody know where i can order one?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,450 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Considering how bad PS2 lasers are hot swapping is not recommended. I've a mod chip in mine but it's a whore to install, even for someone who is experienced. Not sure what else you could do other than buying a PS1 for cheap with a modchip or a swap disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 the bass monster

yeah, i think a cheap japanese ps1 might be the best solution for me. off to ebay i guess

Advertisement