Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shipping from Queensland to Ireland/UK

Options
  • 10-05-2011 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭

A friend is looking to have a heavy item shipped from Queensland to Ireland. It can go to the UK and he would collect it from there. It weights aprox half a ton and is on a pallet.

Has anyone shipped from Queenland to Ireland or UK and paid a fair price for doing so ? If so, can you let me know what company you dealt with ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I'm also shipping some stuff soon and am interested in prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

I used these guys just over 2 years ago to ship 20 boxes (50x50x50 cm) from Brisbane to Ireland. They were good.

The lads who came to do the collection from my house lowered the total weight for me by a fair few kg's and saved me a few hundred, he got a cash handshake from me for that. All happy.

I can't really comment on shipping a half-ton item, but I'm sure they can help.

http://www.ossworldwidemovers.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Gregsor

I used http://www.packsend.com.au/storelocator/packandsend_franchise_details

Got the pallet sent back through them with electrical goods and the likes and they were very helpful and professional and i thought reasonable.

Collected the lot myself then from Dublin Port with the paperwork,funny at present i am looking to send most of it back :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Hope the bump isn't minded, I will probably be looking to send my toolkit out to WA on a pallet and looking for any recommendations. It is going to be pretty heavy I would say, probably over 250kg

Advertisement